General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Sc vs. tc continued....,

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 04:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by startingline05
K04, such a large turbo????
K04, lag?????

Didn't think the k04 was big enough to lag, from what I notice it has a pretty quick spool time.

By the way have fun with passing people and giving your car hell in 5th gear.
lmao x2
Old 06-22-2012, 04:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bratboy90
Well I suppose your comparing turbo to turbo. Yes the K04 has little lag. But damn is it still there.

And yea when freeways here cruise around 80mph. I'll pass in 5th all day. Buttburt much. Damn Chill.
Was just curious about your statements and how false they are, kinda wanted you to explain more about what you ment, that's all.
Old 06-22-2012, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by 07LSJ
lmao x2
x3 wtf...
Old 06-22-2012, 05:43 PM

most lnf's or turbo swapped lsj's just havent ran a properly built supercharged lsj so they dont kno how quick these things really are they just go off wut they think since they havent had a personal run in with 1
Old 06-22-2012, 05:50 PM

^^^ times 1000
Old 06-22-2012, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by carstedt
most lnf's or turbo swapped lsj's just havent ran a properly built supercharged lsj so they dont kno how quick these things really are they just go off wut they think since they havent had a personal run in with 1
I ran a tvs on e85 on my lsj before swapping over, and it was fun. So I do know.but I also know that the turbo is way more fun. Yea there's boost lag (if you don't break boost) if you do break boost then sorry but my lag is less then the supercharger. And not to mention the nls, so now you just constantly stay in boost. Let's also point out that by right under 4k i am already at the peak whp that most of the tvs owners can make and steady climbing. And I say most, not you or zrated, and some others, that's atleast by 5k . And let's not even get to tq. Not to mention I got tires again and am nt having a problem putting this power to the ground.

Score again for turbos lol
Old 06-22-2012, 06:11 PM

im not speaking for any other tvs cars but myself cuz i dont kno how they run...but nls i also have jus cuz ur turbo doesnt mean only u can have it...a tvs on e85 is quick but its not the same as running a car like mine or zrated's...i would walk all over a stock tvs on e85 obv....the lag is basically the same if u brake boost cuz it takes 1 tap of the gas and im already into boost before ur pedal is to the ground..tq u guys obv make more a turbos usually do...we can go in circle all day with this..but once u run a car like mine or zrated's or any1 else who is fully built ud prolly be alot more surprised than u think..im surprised by alot of the turbo cars myself but every1 is so quick to shoot a sc lsj down due to the fact they never ran or rode in a fully built tvs one so they dont kno wut there capable of
Old 06-22-2012, 06:19 PM

Lol I had the wot box when I was still an m62. My point with the nls is it is extremely helpful on bigger turbo cars. For ex I can knock off almost a good second or more off my 1/4 mile time between not using it and using it. On your tvs or any sc not much of a difference because your boost is instant.
Old 06-22-2012, 06:30 PM

not much of a difference but it does still help with shift times...im not trying to prove points over wot box's im just sayin more than half of theses guys on here have never ran a car like mine or zrated's so they dont kno the potential these things do have..and i hav alot of respect for turbo cars they are capable of mad power..but alot of ppl will get it at 350-400 and act like ther car is god and no sc car on here can come close to them when it goes back to the statement bout not many ppl have ever ran a properly built tvs car so they dont kno what these cars can do so they just shoot them down thinkin ther slow...its never goona end the dispute will always be there but no1 wants to keep open minds every1 jus gets 1 sided and stays stubborn thinkin ther **** is the fastest...my car will lose to alot of turbo cars on this site but it goes both ways alot of ppl would lose to me as well...its all in how the setup is built and the intended use
Old 06-22-2012, 06:34 PM

not much of a difference but it does still help with shift times...im not trying to prove points over wot box's im just sayin more than half of theses guys on here have never ran a car like mine or zrated's so they dont kno the potential these things do have..and i hav alot of respect for turbo cars they are capable of mad power..but alot of ppl will get it at 350-400 and act like ther car is god and no sc car on here can come close to them when it goes back to the statement bout not many ppl have ever ran a properly built tvs car so they dont kno what these cars can do so they just shoot them down thinkin ther slow...its never goona end the dispute will always be there but no1 wants to keep open minds every1 jus gets 1 sided and stays stubborn thinkin ther **** is the fastest...my car will lose to alot of turbo cars on this site but it goes both ways alot of ppl would lose to me as well...its all in how the setup is built and the intended use
Helps you with the shift times, helps us to stay in boost or else it's got to build back up all over again. But no more proving points over the wot box. But I do agree with you on the turbos and sc
Old 06-22-2012, 06:37 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
WORD. Pretty much how it is and always will be. LOL
Old 06-22-2012, 06:38 PM

at least u have a level head and can see both sides..most ppl wont open their minds to see wut some of these cars can whether it be turbo or sc
Old 06-22-2012, 06:42 PM

at least u have a level head and can see both sides..most ppl wont open their minds to see wut some of these cars can whether it be turbo or sc
Lol either way we are all going to be slow and FWD at the end of the day

But a serious questions. Lets say we put a s256et on your built motor. Would you really think your tvs build would be faster?
Old 06-22-2012, 06:48 PM

no the 256et would flow better than the tvs im assuming...now how much faster would it be? who really knows id have to find sum1 with the same mods and have them put the 256et on their car and then run it against the tvs...dyno numbers r 1 thing a street run is another and no1 has done the comparison so no1 can really tell wut would really happen...either way the cars are built to the operators liking no matter wut the outcome
Old 06-22-2012, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by startingline05
I ran a tvs on e85 on my lsj before swapping over, and it was fun. So I do know.but I also know that the turbo is way more fun. Yea there's boost lag (if you don't break boost) if you do break boost then sorry but my lag is less then the supercharger. And not to mention the nls, so now you just constantly stay in boost. Let's also point out that by right under 4k i am already at the peak whp that most of the tvs owners can make and steady climbing. And I say most, not you or zrated, and some others, that's atleast by 5k . And let's not even get to tq. Not to mention I got tires again and am nt having a problem putting this power to the ground.

Score again for turbos lol
(ahem) no comment on the times you ran with your TVS setup on E85, i would know since my tvs was your tvs your car may have felt good with the tvs but come on up and well take a ride in mine I can also bring you to my local dragstrip and we can put this subject to rest

And my car also isnt built, it was bone stock long block lol. Now on the other hand come on up in a month, turn the boost on your 256et up cuz youll need it. I has go pro as well and a trailer in case we break

Last edited by zrated89; 06-22-2012 at 11:15 PM.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:16 PM

on a sidenote anyone hear what mark ran at the strip at ced
Old 06-23-2012, 12:19 AM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by zrated89
on a sidenote anyone hear what mark ran at the strip at ced
My guess would be 14.4 @ 126 Am i close?
Old 06-23-2012, 12:58 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
When I think driveability I think 260TQ @ 2500RPM.. not sure where the comment about SC cars having more driveability comes from - perhaps on a damn racetrack? Thats... RACE-ABILITY? lol

Bar non the ONLY thing I can honestly say why I would rather be turbo than SC, is the low end TQ and how nice it is to scoot around the city. Im addicted to TQ, and if I had a truck, it would be a diesel after owning this car
Old 06-23-2012, 04:41 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by cranemaster
When I think driveability I think 260TQ @ 2500RPM.. not sure where the comment about SC cars having more driveability comes from - perhaps on a damn racetrack? Thats... RACE-ABILITY? lol

Bar non the ONLY thing I can honestly say why I would rather be turbo than SC, is the low end TQ and how nice it is to scoot around the city. Im addicted to TQ, and if I had a truck, it would be a diesel after owning this car
Bitch say what? Suck on dem **** jabber jabber wocky!
Old 06-23-2012, 05:08 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Rissa
I can use 5th gear to pass people...
Point being? I can do the same in my LSJ, Little Miss High Horse. Do you seriously think that SC cars aren't capable of passing in 5th?

I am sitting back just laughing at some of the ignorant comments of these two engines
Old 06-23-2012, 07:33 AM
AWD > FWD

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
carstedt and zrated, out of curiousity, what kind of power does your car make? Serious question, not sure.
Old 06-23-2012, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by donkeyballs
My guess would be 14.4 @ 126 Am i close?
you sir are pretty close ill let him post up his times as hes a buddy of mine lol
Old 06-23-2012, 11:24 AM

The reason I bought my ss/sc was for the supercharger and I got a pretty kick ass deal. I have thought about going turbo but I cant get myself up to do it because the car came supercharged therefore Im gonna keep it that way (just my preference). Plus eventually im gonna sell it so I dont wanna have to swap everything over to trade it in or sell it. That being said I love the sound of a turbo and the power that some of them can make are amazing. I know im gonna get bashed for this but who can say they dont like the sound of an srt with a 3in or open exhaust, that sound to me is just plain sick. I a nice car no matter the make or whether its supercarged or turboed everyone is gonna have there personal opinion.
Old 06-23-2012, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by TommyP
the thing is with this though, is that boost pressure does not equal airflow. Boost is a measure of restriction, not air flow. I could throw on a s256 at 15 psi and it would flow FAR more air than a k04 I'd like to see the lbs per min of airflow for each at 15psi. Genuinely curious as to what that would be.
yes i know this, and i know that the m-62 flows a max of 850 m^3/hr at 14k rpm of the blower.
Old 06-23-2012, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Maven
Okay so you have provided one instance of each engine, both making 240hp close to stock, and the LNF only making 220tq, while the LSJ made 239tq, correct?

In the official dyno thread, The average of torque of the TOP 20 M62 cars is actually 239lbs..... These are some of the most modified and heavily tuned cars on the site. and they can only muster an average torque that matches your proof that simply a 15psi LSJ gets you 239tq, seems like K&N may have had a ringer.....

In the same thread, the average Stock LNF makes 252tq, with not a single one below 239.(far better than K&Ns results) Not to mention not a single stock LNF made less than 239hp(which is equal to K&Ns odd results)

Im not putting down the LSJ or supercharging, I absolutely loved my LSJ, I really like SC cars, but on our platform the M62/LSJ just cant match the K04/LNF, or it takes a very seriously tuned/modified and well sorted M62 to even come CLOSE to what just a mailorder tune equipped LNF can do.
the fact that it is such a good sized turbo for the motor, is shown by how well the lnf's produce torque, and yes i do know that the lnf does make more torque then the lsj, like my lsj only puts down 250lbs.ft. but the difference come in hp. stock 15psi lnf's make right around the 240whp mark, where as lsj's ar 15 make 240+whp, now another thing to remeber is that GM beefed up the lnf in every way compared to the lsj, big intake, big dp, big axle's, better head etc so for a lsj to make close to the same or more is pretty decent, on the dyno list there is a few guys running stock **** w/gm stg 2 and making 230-240whp not too bad i'd say.

Quick Reply: Sc vs. tc continued....,