General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Scythe's Cobalt is down and out

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 02:27 PM
Moderator Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Did your car have stability control? I only ask cause I wonder if it could of helped you out before you lost control of the vehicle. I recently had it save my ass, wouldn't of been as bad as your accident but I probably would caused some damage.
Old 03-15-2009, 02:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anything salvageable or do you have to get it scrapped?
Old 03-15-2009, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by averagewhiteboy
Anything salvageable or do you have to get it scrapped?
yea, if there is anything salvageable on the interior i might be interested, particularly the rear deck if its not messed up
Old 03-15-2009, 02:34 PM
Banned

sorry to hear about it, glad ur ok, im in the same boat as you are, mine happend back at the end of february, near fixed tho
Old 03-15-2009, 02:34 PM

**** that worse crash than mine
i didnt roll mine over
but sux to hear that bro
atleast ur ok
Old 03-15-2009, 02:36 PM

damn dude that sucks
Old 03-15-2009, 02:56 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by codytheoutlaw
what i dont understand is how you rolled twice going less than 45 mph. did you hit a curb or somthing. it looks like you rolled down a hill, but it still takes some speed, or a hard hit to get a car to roll over.

im glad you are ok though. get a ss/tc. you will be a lot happier in the long run.
I was accelerating to get up to traffic. I was probably going 50-55 when I hit the thing and started rolling. (55 is speed limit)

I really don't want a tc....but I guess I will have too. I was happy with my SC...different, SC'ed and I had dreams of putting her in a magazine. Not now

I have to learn a whole new car and try to think of ways to be different with a turbo car.....not very easy to do.
Old 03-15-2009, 03:00 PM

you could get a used SC and rebuild
Old 03-15-2009, 03:04 PM

NO!!!!! dude i loved your car it's why i got a silver ss/tc but i'm glad your ok and what's wrong with a lnf??
Old 03-15-2009, 03:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Erod
real nice

I'm sorry you guys I just hate seeing another man down and I wouldn't have said anything if he was hurt badly ... I just don't see hitting a pothole making sense.

I am sorry for your loss , How ever I thought I was just trying to teach the younger crowd to be safe at the same time and to evaluate your conditions and that it is not cool to wreck your car under any circumstances I understand it wasn't entirely your fault but just please be safe some of us have kids man ....
Old 03-15-2009, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by BowTieTillIdie
I'm sorry you guys I just hate seeing another man down and I wouldn't have said anything if he was hurt badly ... I just don't see hitting a pothole making sense.

I am sorry for your loss , How ever I thought I was just trying to teach the younger crowd to be safe at the same time and to evaluate your conditions and that it is not cool to wreck your car under any circumstances I understand it wasn't entirely your fault but just please be safe some of us have kids man ....
man you can talk all you want about watchin the conditions and looking down the road for these potholes, but if it was dark out and maybe he was shoulder-checking for traffic and he just didnt see it. **** DOES ACCIDENTALLY HAPPEN even to the best most cautious drivers.
Old 03-15-2009, 03:08 PM

some times you cant always see things nor react in time, mistakes happen, atleast he wasnt doing anything illegal to cause the crash.
Old 03-15-2009, 03:16 PM

I be sure to call you a douchebag if u ever get in a car wreck, even if its not your fault because apparently to you that doesnt matter. Grow up
Old 03-15-2009, 03:35 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Dude, it wasn't my intention to wreck my car at all. i wasn't driving recklessly or being an ass. I turned to make sure I could merge, started to pull over, and went side ways. I wasn't out to hit someone's kids or take out some fathers or mothers.

And how is calling me a ****** and a douche teaching me? Look at my record. No speeding violations, a few parking tickets. I was a good, careful driver, and did nothing to anyone. It was uphill and then levels out, no way I could have seen that pothole or known I was going to crash and nearly kill myself!

Not cool to crash....who would EVER think its cool? I didn't want to nearly end my life man. It wasn't my fault at all. but thanks for being understanding of everything. I appreciate it.
Old 03-15-2009, 04:11 PM

this whole paragraph makes no sense....you were trying to teach kids to be safe by calling the poster a ****** and douchebag?? its parents like you that turn kids into homophobic wrist cutting freaks...someday i wish to have kids and have your excellent teaching methods..get the **** out of here man..

sorry for your loss man!!!!
Old 03-15-2009, 04:16 PM
Banned

I guess cobalts are pretty well built cars when it comes to safety. Glad to hear your ok.
Old 03-15-2009, 04:30 PM

glad your ok man.
Old 03-15-2009, 06:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
what i dont understand is how you rolled twice going less than 45 mph.
I'm glad somebody said it because I didn't want to be the first. This thing has excessive speed written all over it. First it was "less than 45", now its 50-55 and accelerating?

This is eastbound 80 to southbound 57?
Old 03-15-2009, 06:11 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
What a douche bag .. Its ******* like you who make our insurrance higher hope you know that !
Reported for being an ignorant ****.
Old 03-15-2009, 06:20 PM

Damn man I'm so sorry to hear this. You dreamed aboutt his car for for what 2 years or so? Then you only have it for for a little while and this? This just isn't fair at all! I wish you all the best and HOPE you can find a replacement you'll be happy with. PM me if you need anything bud.

What a douche bag .. Its ******* like you who make our insurrance higher hope you know that !
Hopefully you'll find a nice pothole yourself. Its ass faces like you that make the rest of us want to donkey punch babies in the face. Ass hat.

As for the rest of you haters its obvious you don't have ANY idea what in thee **** you're talking about! 55 mph and hiting a pot hole and losing control isn't that hard to do. And if you do and slid sideways off the road your tires dig into the soft shoulder thats been soaked with rain and snow for months now and the car fips. Its easier then you think..... oh wait its obvious from your hate that you didn't think.

Last edited by Jackalope; 03-15-2009 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-15-2009, 06:42 PM

Do us all a favor and get the **** off this site. NOW.

it still takes some speed, or a hard hit to get a car to roll over.
No. It doesn't.

You don't see hitting a pothole making sense? You either have NO clue about physics or have never seen the potholes that come about around the Great Lakes/NE area.

Some of us have kids? Seriously? That's the best you can come up with? If someone with your attitude has kids, I can only hope that they won't grow up to be as big a douche as yourself.

Originally Posted by css9450
I'm glad somebody said it because I didn't want to be the first. This thing has excessive speed written all over it. First it was "less than 45", now its 50-55 and accelerating?
Not getting what is so unbelievable about losing control at 50-55mph.

Originally Posted by Jackalope
As for the rest of you haters its obvious you don't have ANY idea what in thee **** you're talking about! 55 mph and hiting a pot hole and losing control isn't that hard to do. And if you do and slid sideways off the road your tires dig into the soft shoulder thats been soaked with rain and snow for months now and the car fips. Its easier then you think..... oh wait its obvious from your hate that you didn't think.
x2!!!!!!

My dad's *ADULT* cousin was killed in a rollover accident. Her speed per accident reconstruction team was a MAXIMUM of 35mph on a dry road. **** happens. I don't think people realize the power of 3000 lbs of steel when something goes wrong.
Old 03-15-2009, 06:52 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
It's obvious you took care of it. And in those last moments it took care of you too in return.

Glad to hear you're okay!
Old 03-15-2009, 06:55 PM
Platinum Member

no need to report that post anymore, it been taken care of.
Old 03-15-2009, 07:02 PM

^ Good.
Old 03-15-2009, 07:09 PM

sorry about the car, i always liked it too.. i think i know how you feel (when i lost my last car) but im sure you'll find another car that you'll love even more

Quick Reply: Scythe's Cobalt is down and out