General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Scythe's Cobalt is down and out

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 07:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by elecblue06
i was just saying to my gf.. people say GM quality is ****..

you know what.. yea .. our dashes might rattle and vibrate.. but i can't even count how many balts have been rolled but i can count how many serious injuries have become of them.. 0 good ****..
And where did you get this information? Im sure there has been hundreds of deaths involving cobalt accidents.
Old 03-15-2009, 07:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by alleycat58

Not getting what is so unbelievable about losing control at 50-55mph.

Agreed, especially considering the ramp is posted for 45.
Old 03-15-2009, 09:38 PM

are you parting anything off of it out?

and glad to know you're fine. Makes me feel a lot safer too.
Old 03-15-2009, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by INDColtsFan18
And where did you get this information? Im sure there has been hundreds of deaths involving cobalt accidents.
Of course people is ganna get killed, even in that safest car out there. However most people on here that has had bad accidents like this one walk away from them. For the price i feel the cobalt is damn safe.
Old 03-15-2009, 09:55 PM
Banned

Your life is more important. Im glad to hear that. Now what car are you going to get. A "z"?
Old 03-15-2009, 10:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
If you pin down the city, buy a 370Z so we can all envy you
Old 03-16-2009, 12:14 AM

i'm glad you're okay bro. pm me your #.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:21 AM

sorry to hear about your car....im about to cry i dont think any balt in the world deserves to die, there just so young whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyy?
Old 03-16-2009, 03:46 AM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by css9450
Agreed, especially considering the ramp is posted for 45.
I wasn't doing 55 on the ramp. At the END of the ramp is when I began to speed up to merge.

And read the first post. the Z behind me knows I wasn't excessively speeding. He was going the same speed I was, but he saw me spin and slamme don his breaks. Jeez, evidently the accident is my fault. Sorry for intentionally rolling my car.

Originally Posted by LastAXEL
are you parting anything off of it out?

and glad to know you're fine. Makes me feel a lot safer too.
Dunno if anything survived that. Seems all fucked.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words. Its hard, I still remember rolling and the crunching and what sounds to be an explosion all around you.

Originally Posted by Jackalope
Damn man I'm so sorry to hear this. You dreamed aboutt his car for for what 2 years or so? Then you only have it for for a little while and this? This just isn't fair at all! I wish you all the best and HOPE you can find a replacement you'll be happy with. PM me if you need anything bud.

Hopefully you'll find a nice pothole yourself. Its ass faces like you that make the rest of us want to donkey punch babies in the face. Ass hat.

As for the rest of you haters its obvious you don't have ANY idea what in thee **** you're talking about! 55 mph and hiting a pot hole and losing control isn't that hard to do. And if you do and slid sideways off the road your tires dig into the soft shoulder thats been soaked with rain and snow for months now and the car fips. Its easier then you think..... oh wait its obvious from your hate that you didn't think.
Thanks for the words Terry. Yeah, I'm still torn up about it. I lost my brand new baby, and I don't want another SC...its like, sloppy seconds and I'd always compare them to my original. I dunno what I want now. But I'm sure I'll get through.

Last edited by Scythe_Snake; 03-16-2009 at 03:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-16-2009, 04:03 AM

Glad your ok but damn that's the 2nd person I know that totalled his sc man this sc cars are gonna be rare but not from few ever made but from few that have survived lol but hey is the boost gauge still good can I get that
Old 03-16-2009, 04:13 AM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by tony2toness/sc
Glad your ok but damn that's the 2nd person I know that totalled his sc man this sc cars are gonna be rare but not from few ever made but from few that have survived lol but hey is the boost gauge still good can I get that
I don't know man. I doubt its salvageable. I won't even know if I can get ANYTHING off the car. Process won't start until tomorrow.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:24 AM

Cool well at least you got out ok when I was with my mom when she flipped the car I was knocked out with a fractured back we flipped over 3 times I only remeber flipping once lol but scary thing huh lol buy the car back the way it is salvaged title and rebuild it that way you can proudly say you built the car from the ground up lol
Old 03-16-2009, 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by BowTieTillIdie
What a douche bag .. Its ******* like you who make our insurrance higher hope you know that !
i was gonna say something about this but then i kept reading and realised that this *** is already banned.. so no point .....glad ur ok though dude..any ideas on the next car?..everyones gonna say tc but i know for myself if anything ever happened to mine i would go awd or rwd
Old 03-16-2009, 06:22 AM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Received 271 Likes on 184 Posts
Scythe_Snake, sorry to hear about your loss. That really sucks.

I have come up with an idea for your love of the LSJ and if you do it you will have a one of a kind Cobalt.

The solution is buy a new SS/TC and do a SC swap on it.
Old 03-16-2009, 07:14 AM

Damn that sucks you had one of the cleanest looking cars on this site
Old 03-16-2009, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by Scythe_Snake
I wasn't doing 55 on the ramp. At the END of the ramp is when I began to speed up to merge.

And read the first post. the Z behind me knows I wasn't excessively speeding. He was going the same speed I was, but he saw me spin and slamme don his breaks. Jeez, evidently the accident is my fault.

Well, technically it is your fault, too fast for conditions. Young driver + fast car + fast Z in the rearview.... You add it up.

The guy with the Z said on the other forum that he thought you were doing 55. That ramp is tricky; you can fly through most of it at 65 but it tightens up at the very end so you really can't speed up until you're on the straightaway, that's why the straightaway is there. People need to keep it at 45 until it straightens out.

I'm not bashing you, so don't take this the wrong way. Like everyone else I'm sorry you wrecked your car.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:31 AM

Amazing how some people are nailing him for doing 5 to 10 mph over on the ramp when he CLEARLY states it was AFTER THE RAMP WHEN HE STARTED TO GAIN SPEED TO MERGE. Note the AFTER THE RAMP part? AFTER THE RAMP, AFTER THE RAMP, AFTER THE RAMP, AFTER THE RAMP, AFTER THE RAMP, AFTER THE RAMP, AFTER THE RAMP, AFTER THE RAMP, are you getting this? AFTER THE RAMP, AFTER THE RAMP, AFTER THE RAMP and AFTER THE RAMP! Jesus Christ! Besides its a 45mph ramp and he lost it at between 50 and 55, that won't even get you pulled over unless the cops an ******* looking for his quota at the end of the month. That and lets be real tire wear WILL account for as much as 3 mph difference in the actual speed and that indicated by the speedometer.

I think its more likely you see a kid (No offence Snake) and a flipped car, put 2 and 2 together and come up with 64. THINK BEFORE you post your hate, or better yet just don't ******* post at all. Stop being dicks about an ACCIDENT that very well could have happened to ANYONE here at damn near ANYTIME.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by css9450
Young driver + fast car + fast Z in the rearview....

I'm not bashing you, so don't take this the wrong way.
LMAO. "ZOMG. There's a fast car behind me - I better flip the car so I look cool."

There are dumb kid/fast car accidents that happen all the time, but this doesn't sound like one of them. This is something that can and has happened to any driver of any age in any car.

Why does everyone who makes a post that sure sounds like bashing justify it with "But I'm not bashing you."
Old 03-16-2009, 10:15 AM

LMAO. "ZOMG. There's a fast car behind me - I better flip the car so I look cool."

There are dumb kid/fast car accidents that happen all the time, but this doesn't sound like one of them. This is something that can and has happened to any driver of any age in any car.

Why does everyone who makes a post that sure sounds like bashing justify it with "But I'm not bashing you."
Exactly. You need to shoulder check to merge, i.e. take your eyes off the road momentarily. That's all it takes for that pothole to catch you offguard. This could happen to anyone.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Force
Exactly. You need to shoulder check to merge, i.e. take your eyes off the road momentarily. That's all it takes for that pothole to catch you offguard. This could happen to anyone.
Particularly this year. With the way the weather has been the past 3-4 weeks, potholes are pretty bad. I know here we've had weather that's gone from 30* to 70* back down to 20* within 36-48 hours. I know I've driven on some of the roads I drive on a normal basis....Monday it will be fine, Tuesday evening there's suddenly a 12"x8" pothole in the middle of the road that's 3-4" deep.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:41 AM

Particularly this year. With the way the weather has been the past 3-4 weeks, potholes are pretty bad. I know here we've had weather that's gone from 30* to 70* back down to 20* within 36-48 hours. I know I've driven on some of the roads I drive on a normal basis....Monday it will be fine, Tuesday evening there's suddenly a 12"x8" pothole in the middle of the road that's 3-4" deep.
True say. I probably look like I'm driving a slalom course to other drivers this time of year.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:42 AM

Wow, saw the pictures and the thread on TCG. It's great that you walked away. From the description it sounds like it could have been a LOT worse. Glad you are ok though.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:54 AM

VERY true. The potholes around here this year have been HORRIBLE!!

Let us know if anything is salvageable, man..
Old 03-16-2009, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by averagewhiteboy
VERY true. The potholes around here this year have been HORRIBLE!!

Let us know if anything is salvageable, man..
I don't think he had too many, if any, aftermarket parts on the car. Everything else belongs to the insurance company.

As for the potholes, there was one on the Cory exit off 79 about a month ago that almost took out my entire right front suspension on my other car. Had it been the SS, I would have been minus one rim and tire.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:46 PM

yupp.. if it snows here.. there was a spot I could guarantee would be destroyed the next day.. 2 days later it would be patched and the next day it would snow lol it was like that for likr 2 week

Quick Reply: Scythe's Cobalt is down and out