General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Scythe's Cobalt is down and out

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 12:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One time a few years back, I hit a pothole so hard it busted something in one of my front calipers.. lol Don't ask me how, but it did.

And a few weeks ago, my girlfriends LS got a bent rim from one.. MAD vibrations.. Sweet.. lol.

Thanks Penndot..
Old 03-16-2009, 12:52 PM

you should get one of those hardtop solstices...they are sex
Old 03-16-2009, 01:34 PM

Damn Ryan, I'm still just glad and thank God you're ok bro.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by alleycat58

There are dumb kid/fast car accidents that happen all the time, but this doesn't sound like one of them. This is something that can and has happened to any driver of any age in any car.
LMAO r you an expert? he rolled it twice across 4 lanes of traffic, bet he was doing 70+. He cant say it here obviously cause parents/insurance might read it.

but im no expert either, just a dumb kid.

wouldnt there b a huge pile of wrecked cars at the end of the ramp if they were all cause of the pothole?

Last edited by LethalSS; 03-16-2009 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-16-2009, 01:44 PM

omg, thank god your ok!

i know you love your car, but a car can be replaced! not a life. Be glad your ok... there are plenty of ss/sc out there that you can get.

when you send in the cit. write a note stating that you just wanna sit down and talk about not putting it on record. yeah you may not be able to do that but that will let them know your not going to go in and be a ******** about it.
Old 03-16-2009, 03:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LethalSS
LMAO r you an expert? he rolled it twice across 4 lanes of traffic, bet he was doing 70+. He cant say it here obviously cause parents/insurance might read it.

wouldnt there b a huge pile of wrecked cars at the end of the ramp if they were all cause of the pothole?
Seriously, why did you even both opening your mouth? What you said is unnecessary, stupid, and no one cares. Get out of here.
Old 03-16-2009, 03:35 PM

i think i speak for the majority here when i say you are "just a dumb kid"...every single person/car is not made the same..each vehicles handling characteristics are different as well as the point on the road that they hit the pot hole is NEVER exactly the same. who is to say that the next person who hit it turned the wheel left instead of right?? or right instead of left? or was going 2mph faster or 3mph or slower?? he just so happened to have the perfect variables to flip his car...its called an accident
Old 03-16-2009, 03:50 PM

you guys are right, i shall retract that statement, and i apologize. no way a forum memeber here would ever speed.
Old 03-16-2009, 03:53 PM

you guys are right, i shall retract that statement, and i apologize. no way a forum memeber here would ever speed.
not every second of every day like you are suggesting..."dumb kids" do that...have you ever driven over black ice at say 10-15 mph??? VERY easy to lose control driving in a straight line and not even close to speeding...
Old 03-16-2009, 04:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He swerved across 4 lanes of traffic, tires hit dirt and flipped the car. If he was going 70+, he would have rolled a LOT more than twice. Guess no one's learned how to click on things cause he has an independent witness that said he was going no more than 55.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:28 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by css9450
Well, technically it is your fault, too fast for conditions. Young driver + fast car + fast Z in the rearview.... You add it up.

The guy with the Z said on the other forum that he thought you were doing 55. That ramp is tricky; you can fly through most of it at 65 but it tightens up at the very end so you really can't speed up until you're on the straightaway, that's why the straightaway is there. People need to keep it at 45 until it straightens out.

I'm not bashing you, so don't take this the wrong way. Like everyone else I'm sorry you wrecked your car.
I'm done trying to explain things to you. Evidently its 100% my fault for accelerating to merge with traffic and that I flipped the car I would never do anything stupid in. That's cool. And obviously I hadn't rolled down my window and talked to the guy and we weren't just driving. And evidently I race everything that moves.

I've taken that ramp a billion times, I know how to take it, and its at its speed limit. But evidently I fly through the corners and do stupid **** on purpose.

I don't know what else to say. I love it when I'm grouped with everyone else, makes me feel good.

Originally Posted by 06BrandonSS
Damn Ryan, I'm still just glad and thank God you're ok bro.
Thanks man. I appreciate it.

Yeah, you are ******* dumb. I swerved, then hit the grass and rolled. I wasn't speeding around one of the MOST dangerous corners on I-57, and yet I'm just the dumb kid who got his baby wrecked.

If I was doing 70+.....it would have been MUCH worse than that. And no, every car takes things different.

I just love how now I'm being shifted to be the blame for this. Thank most of you for being supportive though.
Old 03-16-2009, 05:16 PM

70 mph and rolling = more then just twice. And before you ask if someone else is an expert perhapps you should ask yourself the same question.

Glad you realize it. Realizing you have a problem is the first step on the road to recovery.

Not if they all hit said pothole head on rather then trying to swerve around it. Or how about if they saw if earily then he did meaning they didn't have to swerve as hard? Perhapps they are better drivers. Maybe they were able to recover before hitting the soft sholder. Too many varibales exist in order for you to throw out a blanket statement such as this.

Retraction noted. Play nice.

Originally Posted by Scythe_Snake
I just love how now I'm being shifted to be the blame for this. Thank most of you for being supportive though.
Relax man you know haters are gonna hate. **** em all! You got more people with your back then there are haters and you KNOW I'm like a Pitbull and won't let **** go, you be alright.

Last edited by Jackalope; 03-16-2009 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-16-2009, 06:30 PM

I'm done trying to explain things to you.
Seriously though, no hard feelings man, I always sound like a jerk when I disagree. I'm done arguing too. The important thing is you walked away.

Keep us posted on how it works out, what car you get, etc. Dealing with insurance is never fun.
Old 03-17-2009, 02:19 PM

dude i am just glad you are ok. nothing worse than getting a phone call from you saying you were in a wreck. so what are the plans for the future car?
Old 03-17-2009, 02:27 PM

Glad your ok. Cars can be replaced! Guys that are badmouthing him. Leave him alone. I think he's suffered enough. Yes we all speed time to time, but he was swerving to dodge a pothole. Come to missouri, fkn foot deep holes!
Old 03-17-2009, 05:17 PM

Now you have good excuse to guy buy a new SS/TC!!!!
Old 03-17-2009, 10:39 PM
Premium Member

Originally Posted by codytheoutlaw
what i dont understand is how you rolled twice going less than 45 mph. did you hit a curb or somthing. it looks like you rolled down a hill, but it still takes some speed, or a hard hit to get a car to roll over.

im glad you are ok though. get a ss/tc. you will be a lot happier in the long run.
Why would he be alot happier in the long run? \
Old 03-17-2009, 10:41 PM
Not a Sebring

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Damn dude, i'm really sorry to hear that. Hope everything works out for ya and glad to hear you made it out ok.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:37 PM

sure enough they will fill that pot hole in the wee hours of the night Lol. I feel for ya dude, i wrecked my dodge a few years ago due to roads not being labeled (no lines, no signs, pitch black road, newly repaved) and it blowed, i took it to court and argued it and WON. by the next day the road was labeled and ready to go. But anything like this situation the city should obviously be blamed for. i am glad you are okay, but i loved your eye lids on that car dude made it look so mean.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:40 PM

I'm about to cry for you. I always like how your car had snake type eyes and your screen name is scythe snake.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:44 PM

Yeah I've been in school the whole time, I was on spring break this week....great way to end it.

I will supposedly be getting one either way......BUT...I didn't want an ss/tc...I loved my ss/sc. I loved it...had plans for it...it was different. And enjoyable....*sigh* guess I gotta join the turbo crowd now

PICS IN FIRST POST INC
Hey man I honestly dont want my balt anymore....... ss/sc too small for family of 4 (2 car seats) .... wanna talk?
Old 03-18-2009, 12:14 AM

Sorry about all this bro. Good thing is you survived. Don't listen to all these douchebags saying it was your fault, obviously they want some attention. Glad you're OK. Don't buy another balt, you had your fun with it. Move to something better and bring it to the cobalt meet at CED (I assume you're still joining us )
Old 03-18-2009, 02:35 PM

the good old days.
Old 03-18-2009, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by nhcobalt

the good old days.
this was at HIN right? after the cruise down from CED?
Old 03-19-2009, 07:11 PM

I love my SC crowd. They're like.....my bretheren...not anymore I guess. *sigh*

Maybe I can find a used SS/SC silver g85...it will keep me in the SC crowd...or a white ss/tc. But i LOVE the LSJ

Yeah, thanks man. Pics in the 1st post.
Im sorry to see ur car like that. U had one of the cleanest cars on here. You will never be out of the LSJ crowd dont sweat it. Look at me, I sold my LSJ and Im still a diehard LSJ fan. Of course U could always re-buy another LSJ, or go SS/TC, or go whatever other sport compact u may be interested in.

All hope isnt lost, youll get a new toy.

Quick Reply: Scythe's Cobalt is down and out