General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

SS/NA Badging

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 12:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if you want, its your car, my car was in an accident and it now has 08 headlights on it, i guess i should rip my SS badges off it now and put on sports because someone on a forum said so
Old 10-18-2008, 12:23 AM

No im totally agreeing with you.... I know im still a noob... But all this bs about ss on this, and its a sport.... Its ridiculous...
Old 10-18-2008, 12:25 AM

because some people have nothing better to do then to talk down to people on the internet.

Like ****, u put different rims on your car then what GM put on the cobalt, now you must not have a real cobalt anymore, or that aftermarket good isnt factory spec, guess you own a one off custom unique car now.
Old 10-18-2008, 12:35 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by _UnLiMiTeD_
or you could just not be a complete tool or is that too hard for you to do? Go watch barret jackson autoshow, then show up there and call out the people who made all the replica cars and sell them for thousands of dollars. Many cars sold there start out as a base model and they replacate them as another mode;. Like camaros, RS made into SS model with SS BADGES!! OMG WTF?!!

STFU, for gods sake, its identical to an SS model from 07, such as mine, i have an 07 SS/NA and i could give 2 ***** if a guy with an 08 sport model which is the exact same as mine, wants to badge his as an SS.

If you drove past a guy with an 08 sport rebadged as an SS, what would you say? you would say nothing because you wouldnt even be able to tell. And if you getting sick to death of "i didn't want your opinion" bullshit, then quit being a ***** and let him get his question anwsered.

its not identical.
and if your just going to froth at the mouth and throw insults, then theres no point trying to discuss it with you.

apparently not only are people not allowed to post opinions,
when they do, they have to agree with yours, or that makes you a toolbag.

if it doesnt bother you, thats great.
but to many people, the ss badge isnt just a piece of plastic to tell people which trim the car is.

Im not going to go into explaining that. because its plain you simply dont understand it.

Im willing to show you the respect of having your own opinion.
I disagree with it.
next time YOU disagree with someones opinion, have the intelligence and class to argue the points, and if you find yourself just using insults....have the intelligence to shut the **** up.
Old 10-18-2008, 12:37 AM

LOL, mr respectable over here, you of all people trying to give a lesson on how to respect others as you have been attacking the OP here for badgin his 08 sport as an SS since its almost identical.

you need to learn to shut the **** up, go outside, and get a new hobby, u seem to just be here to **** on others for doing something YOU dont agree with. I love how you try to bring it on me like on the one scolding others for not having the same views as me as u attack this guy for not having ur views on the badging situation. Your such an idiot..
Old 10-18-2008, 12:39 AM

Alright i say we drop it before this goes any further..Is it really worth gettin heated up over this... NO!!... Lets get back to the topic at hand and wait till he gets some pix of these new badges
Old 10-18-2008, 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by Chevy Cobalt 08
You know, I was actually thinking of doing that my self. Cept I didn't know where I'd get the 2.4 numbers from. But now I do I wouldn't put the VVT on mine though.
Um...from the ion. There's a 2.4 "badge".
Old 10-18-2008, 12:47 AM

i was going to tell you to re-read my posts, but you wouldnt, so here. ill save you the time:
here are my posts before you started with the insults.

the first is the one and ONLY post directed at the OP:

badging your car as something its not, is a bit of a car enthusiast taboo.

Ask yourself why GM would go to the trouble of changing the badging, that costs money....
and its no doubt that the SS badge would draw customers more than "sport" would.
so why did they do it?

the answer to that question, is the reason people get annoyed over you rebadging however you wish.
Attacking post? i think not. merely a statement of my opinion, nothing hostile in there.
even tried to help him understand why people get heated about the subject

Originally Posted by darrion
you tell me one difference in the car and i will agree with you otherwise it IS an SS just because GM decided not to put the ss badge on there dosnt mean the cars arent the same
so basically your saying the owner has the right to decide if something is an SS.
it has nothing to do with GM.....
LAWL
a reply to darrions post, questioning the fact that GM has nothing to do with whether a car is an SS or not.

hardly attacking the OP here either no?

the law has nothing to do with this.
this discussion is not about if you CAN,
but if you SHOULD

again, another reply post. to a quote saying that its "not against the law"

was this attacking the OP?
im having a hard time finding all these hostile attacks ive made?
Old 10-18-2008, 12:49 AM

IMHO .... Putting emblems on your car that it did not come with, is a total douchebag idea.

Unless I do it....

Thinking about replacing my supercharged badge with the turbocharged badge...What's the difference? They're both forced induction....(just kidding)
Old 10-18-2008, 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by donjuaniii
IMHO .... Putting emblems on your car that it did not come with, is a total douchebag idea.

Unless I do it....

Thinking about replacing my supercharged badge with the turbocharged badge...What's the difference? They're both forced induction....(just kidding)
*shrug* by their logic, theres nothing wrong with that whatsoever.
and we would likely get called toolbags, for suggesting there is
Old 10-18-2008, 12:50 AM

explain why your always in some type of arguement with someone in almost all the threads you visit, wait wait, it must be everyone else right.

This isnt the first time me and you have gotten into it, and its been about the same thing, u being a dick to people and me calling you out. You seem to not get along with a big majority of the people here, maybe you should start lookin into the mirror and figure out maybe its you.

You think the OP doesnt know that it didnt come from GM with an SS badge? NO ****! thats why hes looking for one, how exacly have you helped the op so far in this thread besides saying hes wrong for doing such a terrible thing?
Old 10-18-2008, 12:51 AM

^^^ No you cant do that..Seriously if you do that i swear i will so follow you around with a HUGE sign that says this guys a great big PHONEY...Ya know from family guy hahaha....
Old 10-18-2008, 12:51 AM

ok.. to all who think it aint the same.. debadge an 07 SS/NA and an 08 sport COULD ANYONE TELL THE DIFFERENCE FROM 10+ FEET AWAY?. even on the chevy website it has the same suspension and brakes and transmission and even guess what the same 2.4.. even the sedan's.. as long as the emblem he put's on HIS car aint supercharged or turbocharged WHY CARE?
Old 10-18-2008, 12:52 AM

because they have nothing better to do but argue with other people and tell them how wrong they are for being different

anom's avator says it all
Old 10-18-2008, 12:52 AM

U know what else...We got an 09 auto LT cobalt in today..And the damn things a spitting image of my car...
Old 10-18-2008, 12:53 AM

An0malous, don't bother. No matter how hard you try you wont be able to make them understand. Plus, the thread is likely to get closed. You may end up being banned with the way the mods are here.

There are only a few people left on here that are true automobile enthusiast and have knowledgeable input. Just read that and skip the filler...
Old 10-18-2008, 12:54 AM

true automobile enthusiast, u own a damn cobalt, get over yourself
Old 10-18-2008, 12:55 AM

I mean what's the point of a "n/a" badge? It's an oxymoron. If you don't have a turbo or supercharger like 99% (bad estimate) vehicles then it's naturally aspirated. There's no "ss/sc" badge there's a little emblem that says supercharged (now turbocharged) because chevy did that. They could've just cooked up a line for their better cars and make some sort of chevy performance badge like saturn did with the redline or cadillac did with their v's but I guess chevy is cheap so they end up with numbers and designations like gxp (pontiac) and g6 (pontiac) which are essentially worthless.

They could've just made some sort of "gm performance division" badge (a real one not that cruddy one) and get rid of all the gaudy badge-ry.
Old 10-18-2008, 12:57 AM

people always think mines supercharged when they look at it, its just a normal assumption when people see a cobalt with an SS badge that its supercharged, thats why the OP wanted to badge his as an SS/NA, so can have the ss badge without the confusion
Old 10-18-2008, 12:59 AM

true automobile enthusiast, u own a damn cobalt, get over yourself
And you assume it is my only vehicle?
Old 10-18-2008, 01:00 AM

people always think mines supercharged when they look at it, its just a normal assumption when people see a cobalt with an SS badge that its supercharged, thats why the OP wanted to badge his as an SS/NA, so can have the ss badge without the confusion
I think badging your car NA will get just as many questions, seeing as no car has ever been badged NA people are gonna ask what it means.

Originally Posted by marcusicp
I've never understood why Cobalt owners try to insult other Cobalt owners by making fun of their... Cobalt. Makes no sense.

Last edited by Acey; 10-18-2008 at 01:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-18-2008, 01:01 AM

thats ok, then maybe they wont mmediatley assume its supercharged when they see the other badge lol

Originally Posted by marcusicp
your talking about cobalt owners here, so what exacly are u trying to imply with ur other comment

Last edited by _UnLiMiTeD_; 10-18-2008 at 01:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-18-2008, 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by Acey
I think badging your car NA will get just as many questions, seeing as no car has ever been badged NA people are gonna ask what it means.

I've never understood why Cobalt owners try to insult other Cobalt owners by making fun of their... Cobalt. Makes no sense.
I bet it would take a lot longer explaining what NA means to most people too!
Old 10-18-2008, 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by thedubsack85
ok.. to all who think it aint the same.. debadge an 07 SS/NA and an 08 sport COULD ANYONE TELL THE DIFFERENCE FROM 10+ FEET AWAY?. even on the chevy website it has the same suspension and brakes and transmission and even guess what the same 2.4.. even the sedan's.. as long as the emblem he put's on HIS car aint supercharged or turbocharged WHY CARE?
Cause the only 2008 Cobalt SS listed...(wait for it)... is the turbocharged one...
Old 10-18-2008, 01:04 AM

noo really? **** wow, well that changes everything...my god

Quick Reply: SS/NA Badging