General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

stage 2 confused

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 02:08 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mark.lupatsky
yeah im trying to figure out whats wrong with it the upgrades i have is stage 2 injectors 2.9 pulley and a fuel regulator i have the fuel line that runs to the regulator spliced with the hose that comes from the boost control modual i had a diagnostics ran just a basic and its says bank 2 lean which im thinking is just the regulator would it be a bad boost control modual that would be doing that cause it just hits a wall at 7 or could it be a leak somewhere i just have no idea before i knew that i had a stage 2 kit on it i ran mid grade fuel in it not knowing but i dont think that would do anything could it be maybe a seal somewhere on the supercharger or a bad belt maybe the belt is slipping i just really have no idea
Iv no clue to be honest since iv never had the problem but if you post this in the LSJ sections you will prolly get alot more help, some people dont look at the general forums.
Old 03-31-2012, 02:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sounds like your boost control module isnt functioning properly.

also is your boost coming on any differently than normal?
Old 03-31-2012, 01:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just a stock exhaust theres a rattling somewhere under there i put it up on a lift and i couldnt find anything rattling around like a heat shield or nothin it sounded like it was comming from the baffle
Old 03-31-2012, 08:49 PM
Premium Member

With a 2.9 you should be seeing 15-17 psi depending on elevation and weather conditions . I would figure out what the guy before you had going on with the boost bypass .... haven't seen many setups that tap into the stock boost bypass on an LSJ .

Another thing to look at is make sure the intercooler pump is working .... I know it sounds crazy but people have lost \ boost before and that was the cause. With the engine running you should see coolant move in the filler neck ..... if you don't see anything ....sometimes tapping the pump will get it working again till you can get a replacement .
Old 04-01-2012, 01:36 PM

my car is supercharged i dont thin i have an intercooler
Old 04-01-2012, 01:41 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
you have an heat exhanger that pretty much an intercooler, and you have a pump for that aswell that you should check and make sure that is working, most of them go out pretty quick so yours could be dead also, mine was dead when I bought the car at 59k miles on it.
Old 04-01-2012, 06:29 PM
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Vander Nars
you have an heat exhanger that pretty much an intercooler, and you have a pump for that aswell that you should check and make sure that is working, most of them go out pretty quick so yours could be dead also, mine was dead when I bought the car at 59k miles on it.

Yep.... what Vander said hehe.

GM always called the pump the intercooler pump in the parts system for the LSJ so I just got used to calling it that . Intercooler is used pretty loosely with these cars ..... the SS/TC is an air to air intercooler where as the SS/SC is an air to water intercooler (heat exchanger is a proper term when talking about the actual intercooling system's radiator thou) . Sorry for the confusion .
Old 04-01-2012, 07:06 PM

i had someone floor the gas and i watched the air bypass valve and if it works the way i think it does ( when pressure builds th valve closes and when the gas is released the valve opens) then its not closing all the way which would allow me to get some boost but not full boost right? if its only closing a quarter of the way id only get to 5 on boost... i ordered a new air bypass vave from zzp for 100 bucks its simple enough to do in y garage so ill install i also read somewhere that some people just remove that valve alltogether im not sure im willing to do that until i get clearification that it would be fine to do what do you guys think
Old 04-02-2012, 12:45 AM
Premium Member

i had someone floor the gas and i watched the air bypass valve and if it works the way i think it does ( when pressure builds th valve closes and when the gas is released the valve opens) then its not closing all the way which would allow me to get some boost but not full boost right? if its only closing a quarter of the way id only get to 5 on boost... i ordered a new air bypass vave from zzp for 100 bucks its simple enough to do in y garage so ill install i also read somewhere that some people just remove that valve alltogether im not sure im willing to do that until i get clearification that it would be fine to do what do you guys think

I havent seen many people who remove it .... If you blocked it off the SC would produce boost at all times so that would be a bad situation . If the bypass isn't closing all the way it would account for your missing boost .
Old 04-02-2012, 09:54 AM

thank you yeah iordered one so in 5 days we well see
Old 04-02-2012, 09:56 AM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

Received 197 Likes on 175 Posts
The intercooler is integrated within the intake manifold.

There are 4 tubes inside which flow coolant. The tubes are called Laminova cores.

The heat exchanger is found sandwiched between the a/c condensor and radiator.