General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Stupid autoweek, bashing the SS again!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 10:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stupid autoweek, bashing the SS again!

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dl...1/TOC01ARCHIVE

Geez, these guys don't let up...
And they compare it to that POS Honda Civic again.... at least compare it to a good car...
What ever, i like mine...
-> The interior is nice enough for me (better than alot out there)
-> It has enough power to waste most of the retards where i live...
-> the suspension is great for cornering... something that the idiot reviewer, who's slow to a crawl for a corner, couldn't never appreciate...

I LOVE MY CAR! F*CK YOU AUTOWEEK!
Old 10-19-2006, 11:05 AM

Floraday posted that here himself over a week ago. He did a very good job on that review actually. I think it's fair.
Old 10-19-2006, 11:10 AM

Screw this guy - pick up copy of the November Car and Driver, page 88, and read about a Cobalt SS Supercharged tearing a Civic Si a new a-hole on the VIR race track- even beating a Mustang GT by .3 seconds. The GTI and Civic were both 5 seconds slower.

Some quotes:
-"the Civic Si's brakes faded after only 2 laps"
-"the Cobalt felt very controlled in the esses, while the Civic was much more sloppy"
-"the Ecotec engine mated with an excellent gearbox allowed it to charge out of the corners, besting the the GTI and Civic by 4 and 5 seconds respectively"
Old 10-19-2006, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by IMADreamer
Floraday posted that here himself over a week ago. He did a very good job on that review actually. I think it's fair.
I agree.

The same is said about the C6 ZO6: somewhat unrefined, but great power and handling make it a great track car.

In my opinion, the review seemed pretty fair. Though, I would like to see them compare it to something other than that POS Civic!
Old 10-19-2006, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by red_wing_2121
I agree.

The same is said about the C6 ZO6: somewhat unrefined, but great power and handling make it a great track car.

In my opinion, the review seemed pretty fair. Though, I would like to see them compare it to something other than that POS Civic!

I'm not sure what you can compare it to? I guess the MS3, but other then that the civic is our competition. Same price point, same hp, same drivetrain style. It's a direct comparo.

Either way this is a major repost.
Old 10-19-2006, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by IMADreamer

Link??
Old 10-19-2006, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by dedecv3
Link??
https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/general-cobalt-68/autoweek-comments-06-2-0l-28387/

That's the link to the original thread with the original review. Then a bunch of people, myself included sent big boy emails, not senseless fanboy crap like, to Floraday. Then Floraday comes on to talk about it. He then agrees that if they get another Cobalt in the test fleet he will give it another go. He does and comes back near the end of the thread to post the new review. Floraday is a stand up guy, he came and took his medicine for not giving the car a fair shake the first time around. The second review is a much better and fairer representation of the car.
Old 10-19-2006, 11:56 AM

I didn't notice that he posted up the new review later on in the thread....

I think it would be more fair to compare the SS/SC to the GTi, SRT-4, and maybe a Mini Cooper S and Mazda3 Speed (a bit out of the sport compact range though).
Reason? All are sport compacts with 4cyl, forced induction engines.
They aren't the best comparisons, but a heck of alot better than comparing to a Civic.