General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Warranty list - Long

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2006, 10:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Warranty list - Long

Well, I have 26,000 miles on my car and I have never taken it to the dealership for anything besides oil changes but the problems have added up and really need to be taken care of. Try not to laugh but these are all the problems that have added up in the time I have owned this car. I'm taking it in on Monday and handing the service writer this paper:

2005 Chevy Cobalt SS S/C (Yellow) Problems

1.) Driver’s side door will not open from the outside or the inside. Also both door handles on the outside tend to stick sometimes. They will not go all the way back flush unless you push on them.

2.) Front rotors may be warped and driver side rear caliper hangs up after heavy braking or sharp turns – When braking it feels like the brakes grab and let go like the rotors are warped and a sound can be heard from the driver’s side rear tire area after heavy braking or turns that sounds like the caliper is grabbing and letting go. It is a loud clicking sound.

3.) Exhaust rattle – When accelerating with the windows down you can hear a vibration under the car like a piece of metal is shaking possibly from the exhaust. Another rattle from underneath the car can be heard cruising at highway speeds that also sounds like an exhaust rattle. It sounds like a marble shaking in a pop can.

4.) The driver’s side headlight has had moisture in it for the last 15,000 miles. It will go away and come back. There are no problems at all with the passenger side headlamp.

5.) The hood squeaks whenever it is opened or closed.

6.) The HVAC fan squeaks on the passenger side under the dash in cold weather. It will squeak at settings 1-3 but not on 4.

7.) The clutch squeaks as well in cold weather but will go away when the vehicle is warmed up or when it is more than 40 degrees outside.

8.) The SS emblem on the driver’s side of the car has the white paint chipping off of it.

9.) The paint is chipping off of the passenger side door tray cup. The yellow leather is also pulling away from the cup. The TSB is 05-08-64-036A.
10.) There is a check engine light on due to the aftermarket intake. The code is P0171 (Lean). Please check if GM has released a reflash or update for the PCM to eliminate this – if not don’t worry about it I will be buying the GM stage 2 upgrade in the next few weeks that will eliminate this.
Old 05-07-2006, 09:59 AM

lol give um hell!
Old 05-07-2006, 01:19 PM

My doorhandles keep doing the same thing, my paint is coming off and I have a weird rattle in the transmission in 2nd gear, but I just have a Cobalt Base Coupe.

Good luck... you're going to need. GM Customer Service are a bunch of idiots.

Scott
Old 05-07-2006, 02:22 PM

did gm ever release a reflash for the lean code? When i got mine the tech told me they were working on something because the ecm is too sensitive.
Old 05-07-2006, 04:22 PM

Take care of your ****.
Old 05-09-2006, 10:56 PM

Took the car in today and they were really cool. I told him I had the aftermarket intake and it threw a check engine light. I asked him if it would void the warranty and he said "Why would it?". The service at Phillips in Frankfort is badass. He gave me a loaner and actually called me later on. "Hi, I just wanted to let you know we got most of the stuff taken care of for you and we are overnighting the rest of the parts. As I said there will be no charge for any of the work, have a nice day. I wish all dealers were like this. Now I know why I drive 20 miles to get my service done lol.
Old 05-09-2006, 11:08 PM

**** those guys own. Save that email!! So you can forward it to me when I go to take my **** in and show my dealer.
Old 05-10-2006, 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by l Sh1ft l
**** those guys own. Save that email!! So you can forward it to me when I go to take my **** in and show my dealer.
Nah, this wasn't an email this was speaking with the service writer/the voicemail he left me later.
Old 05-10-2006, 08:58 AM

Im sorry but I had to laugh at #1.... How can you drive the car if the door dosnt open?????

Im not about to crawl on from the other side my self.

Good te see there fixing it for you. Let Us know if they have a fix for the CEL. I have stage 2 and I still get it with the air box mod.

Later