How to Guide For step by step “How to” instructions ONLY!

Interior: How to install double din mounting kit properly

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2012, 11:50 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 154 Likes on 131 Posts
How to install double din mounting kit properly

ok here are pics on howto install the double din mounthing kit
(this one Scosche GM1599B Double DIN Installation Dash Kit for 2004-up )
Properly

ok see where the red arrows are on the black side plate and on the front mounting plate. those 2 plates are desighned to fit together like so.

and here u have it, perfect fit

and when both are on it will look like so

then slide it on the front.

it only goes on enough for what it needs, u cant push it any further, this is how it looks when its all the way on

then screw down the side plates

and this is what it looks like when its all put together right, nice and secure. little blurry but u get the picture

there ya go, took me a while of trying to figure out how to install this to notice how its done, they should have instructions cause its hard to miss it. hope this helps u guys.

and ps, in the back of mine i didnt use styrafoam like op did, i cut out that back plastic like he did, unbolted the metal part, then i bent the part that hast the hole in it where the factory plastic tab goes in to hold it up, i bent that so it faces toward the back of the car instead of down, used a hammer and a anvil, i did have it bending slightly down though, then u cut off access metal with a rotary tool and cutting disk cause it has a lip on it, then filed it flat, bolted a longer peace of metal to it facing me, so when i put the deck it it sits on the bottom of the deck and holds it up and keeps it fron dangleing in mid air, its a little more work but i didnt want styrafoam in back there that maybe could fall out. no worrys about the deck slipping back with doing the mounting plates right, when u bolt the front plate into ur car in factory location where u bolt the stock one, it wont be moving anywhere.

there ya go for a secure clean install. enjoy