How to Guide For step by step “How to” instructions ONLY!

General Suspension: How To: Install OTTP Hardcore RSB

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 08:13 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
How To: Install OTTP Hardcore RSB

This sounds easy to install and it was but heres a guide just in case!

This is the RSB that was used on the Time Attack SS. It is the thickest bar available on the market. Taking it out of the shipping packaging, this bar is top notch quality. The powder coating is very nice and smooth.

Now on to the install:

Parts that you get from OTTP:
RSB
2 x Plates with nuts welded on
4 x Bolts
Packet of anti seize

Needed:
17mm socket or wrench

I used a tool chest case to hold up the bar to make installing it easier, as it was just myself.

See that slanted end? That will slide slanted side first into the metal part below the spring and the slanted side will face the outside of the car. If you look at the part pointed out with the red arrow you will notice there are 2 holes in the bottom of that. That is where these nuts will line up with. I slide the bracket in, then the further hole toward the front I put my finger in there and moved the bracket forward until I could feel the hole with the nut. Then put a dab of anti-seize on a bolt and slid that bolt through the RSB and screwed it a little bit into the bracket. I did the other side then (furthest bolt) just so the bar was installed.

Then finished up the other two bolts.

Here is the bar tightened down.

Right side

Left side

Finished! You can see the ground clearance really isn’t worse, only about 1.75” lower. I went over a speed bump and didn’t hit it.

Soo the initial drive. just driving the car felt stiffer in the rear. On the corners I took the car really felt stiff and planted. I just did a couple corners on the street at a semi fast, can not wait to try it on the track. The car feels much more aggressive in the corner, it just begs to be tossed around.

Last edited by TommyP; 05-17-2012 at 09:50 PM.