How to Guide For step by step “How to” instructions ONLY!

Appearance: How to Install Sideskirts on base models with 3M Tape

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 12:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post How to Install Sideskirts on base models with 3M Tape

Okay, since no one made a tutorial for this I figured why not... I didn't take many pics but you don't need it. It's pretty straight forward.

Things needed:
- SS Side Skirts
- Isopropyl Alcohol (91%) -> CVS/Walgreens 3$
- 3M Double Sided Tape -> I got 450" at Home Depot (holds up to 10lbs - OUTDOOR use) for 15$
- Flat Screwdriver to remove push-pin
- I don't remember the size of the screw for the fenderliner but if you have a tool set just try the little ones one of them should fit.

1) Play around with the side skirts and check how they would fit in your car, make sure you are using the right one for the side you're gonna work with first.

2) Clean the surface where the side skirt is going to go with Isopropyl Alcohol (91%)

3) In the front wheel remove the screw of the fender liner.

4) Remove push-pin in the back wheel.

5) Clean the side skirt with alcohol as well, make sure there is no residue/dust on it. Once it's clean, dry it completely with a blow dryer then you can begin to cut pieces of Double Sided Tape. You can see how I did it as follows... note that in some parts the tabs for the side skirts are broken and I put a bigger piece of tape.

*Optional: When you put the tape on it, heat it with a blow dryer so it becomes hotter and more sticky.

6) IMPORTANT: Stick it only so it fits good and MAKE SURE THE DOOR OPENS with the sides on. I had a problem with one that would get hit by the door opening and closing and I had to take it off and put extra tape to get it to fit right.

7) Once it's fit correctly and it doesn't interfere with the door, press against the body until it becomes hard.

8) Put back the screw and push-pin to hold the side skirt to the car. Mine fit perfectly, you just have to fight with it a little bit.

9) Our base models have the holes made for the sideskirts on the bottom where I had planned to put the rivets (push-pins) holding the lower side of the sideskirts but somehow they wouldn't fit my car correctly, therefore where those holes where supposed to be I put double sided tape on the tabs of the sideskirts and taped it against them. The sides feel pretty solid and doubt they'll come off unless you take off the screw and push pin.

10) Should look like this now...

My side skirts are a little dirty and have some light scratches but I plan on polishing them soon and that'll take care of it. I'm also planning on cutting the fender liner so it doesn't have that protection thing on the front wheel. Next mod is putting my 18" rims on as soon as the warm weather comes

Hope you enjoyed any questions let me know!