How to Guide For step by step “How to” instructions ONLY!

Interior: how to remove air bag sensors in a 07 ion redline & 07 cobalts

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 02:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how to remove air bag sensors in a 07 ion redline & 07 cobalts

will today i removed my air bag sensors. I am doing this for a seat swap, not the recaros. im getting SRT-4 seats. But mostly people do this for a recaro swap for us 07 ion redlines. this should be about the same for the 07 cobalts but i am not a 100% sure. well lets begin shall we. 1st off i am not responsable for any damage to your vechile, you are taking the chance of removing these sensors. I am just showing the way i did mine. ok now that's out of the way lets begin!

TOOLS:
15mm socket
10mm socket
flat head screw driver
needle noses(optinal)
X-ACTO knife
and most importanly PATIENCE

first off to get the seat out of your car you need to unbolt the two 15mm bolts behind the seat. takes a little elbo greese but it will go. now there is a female and male connection for the seat belt underneath the seat on the driver side. now remove the other bolts on the passenger side. now the male and female connections are underneath the seat. it dead even underneath the seat so if u lift the seat up and it doesnt go look at see where the connection is. now to remove the seat lift up on the back where you just unbolted those bolts, then pull it towards the trunk. it might take a few trys but u will get it. if that dosent work goto here.
http://www.******************/forums...ont-seats.html
now your air bag sensors are in your passenger seat so thats all im working on
first you can see the seat how it is.

now the connection is for your seat belt just push on the switch and pull.

then it shoul look like this.

now there are 4 10mm bolts that hold your seat frame to the brackets. as these pictures you can see where they are located.

i have no idea what this is but it wont discconect unless u move the metal pieace so you can remove that wire so see next 2 pictures to show you how to remove it.

ok now once you have gotten your bolts and wire removed. lay the seat on its back and lift the switch where it let you adjust the your seat and then lift the bracket up and the bottom of you seat should fall. if not check to make sure you removed your selt belt connection, and the wire didnt get snaged up.

ok now to the clips that hold the leather material together. its kind of a pain but with some elbo greese it will go. if not this is where i used the flat head. as u can see in some of the pictures.

ok once you get the clips off just remove the leather. now your going to pull the leather up and your going to here it rip. dont worry this is just the velcro on the seat that hold the material down.

i would remove the metal bracket so you can work on the cushion instead of having all that weight you have to hold.

here are the velcro strips that i was telling you about there are quit a few of them.

Last edited by TommyP; 10-03-2012 at 12:37 PM.