Mid East MI, IN, OH, KY, WV, and VA

Columbus Area Crime Warning

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 12:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Columbus Area Crime Warning

Just wanted to let everyone in the Columbus area know this;

Recently, my girlfriend, 3 of her roomates, and her parent's car have all been broken into in the past month, in the same area (43201).

According to the non-emergency number, and I quote;

"We do not send out officers if there was not a serious crime committed or more than 3,000$ stolen. It is not worth the time it costs to send them out for this."

Keep in mind, this is after it has happened in more than 4 cars, in the same place. According to the chief of police, whom my g/f's mom spoke with, they have been alternating between cars and houses and they are NOT actively pursuing suspects as the amount stolen in each case has not been over 3,000$.

Please be aware of your surroundings, and call into your local news station and law enforcement regarding any details of this. If you know some one who is victim or see any this suspicious, be alert.

Currently, there is also a lawsuit pending regarding the minimal response to this. If you have been victim of something similar, let me know and your plea may also be used if the lawsuit moves forward.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:13 PM
Ion
Banned

That sucks. I've had my cars keyed a couple times and the rims stolen off my old truck (not sure why they wanted them), but I understand your concern. We live on the edge of the city and county lines, so the city cops won't come out cuz they don't want the paperwork, and sheriff's dept doesn't do jack except sit around until its time to catch the drunk drivers. We had 1900 in cash taken, along with my late mother's collectibles and several unfilled prescriptions for painkillers. They did nothing more than file the report. We ended up taking care of things ourselves. That's my advice to you. Call your local PD and tell them if they don't stop them, you will. Remind them its legal to carry a non-concealed weapon. You'll get the police presence soon after. Worst case, you get to shoot some druggies or gangbangers. I'd call that a great day in my books.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:16 PM

I used to park my cadillac on west campus at OSU... every single day there were break-ins and theft. Never did ****. Campus police and CPD are a little on the lack of care side if you ask me. Really sucks not knowing your **** is safe. Add accessory insurance to your car. Value it at $1000 bucks or so. There is no sense in losing sleep over material things anymore. I had a riviera when i was a sophomore. My car's trunk was keyed up for no good reason. Cowards.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:17 PM
Banned

sorry to hear that man, thanks for the heads up.

Originally Posted by Nacademus
I used to park my cadillac on west campus at OSU... every single day there were break-ins and theft. Never did ****. Campus police and CPD are a little on the lack of care side if you ask me. Really sucks not knowing your **** is safe. Add accessory insurance to your car. Value it at $1000 bucks or so. There is no sense in losing sleep over material things anymore. I had a riviera when i was a sophomore. My car's trunk was keyed up for no good reason. Cowards.
downtown is just ghetto in general, always on the look out.

Last edited by BumbleBee; 10-06-2010 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-06-2010, 09:18 PM

tell your local newspaper about this, and that exact quote. I'm sure the police will do something then
Old 10-06-2010, 09:27 PM

Thanks for the responses. Just wanted to get the word out to people. We've already spoken with the local news station and the are still waiting to file the lawsuit.

We have 12 students and the parents of all those students in for the lawsuit as well. Pretty much fed up with the law enforcement for saying that. It gets to the point where there is monetary value placed on the safety of people. Need to start pushing for police to actually do their job.

What really erks me is that I watched a cop sit on the side of the road in his car next to a bunch of construction works. For 3 hours. Yet they won't take the time to look into this or actually you know....enforce the law.

I have time stamped pictures and everything of the officer being there. Never got out of his car once to do anything.

But just an FYI, be on the lookout and don't keep ANYTHING of ANY value in your car.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Lifter

What really erks me is that I watched a cop sit on the side of the road in his car next to a bunch of construction works. For 3 hours. Yet they won't take the time to look into this or actually you know....enforce the law.

I have time stamped pictures and everything of the officer being there. Never got out of his car once to do anything.
Don't they get hired to sit next to construction zones???
Old 10-06-2010, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Lifter
Thanks for the responses. Just wanted to get the word out to people. We've already spoken with the local news station and the are still waiting to file the lawsuit.

We have 12 students and the parents of all those students in for the lawsuit as well. Pretty much fed up with the law enforcement for saying that. It gets to the point where there is monetary value placed on the safety of people. Need to start pushing for police to actually do their job.

But just an FYI, be on the lookout and don't keep ANYTHING of ANY value in your car.
I live in westerville and our neighborhood is taking a turn for the worst.... you know.... the shady gangsters and caddies with the big rims. my car was keyed a couple days ago
Old 10-06-2010, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Mudcrutch
Don't they get hired to sit next to construction zones???
No idea. I still don't think that's right.

There's no reason why the safety of citizens should have a monetary value. Especially in a city as big as Columbus.
Old 10-07-2010, 01:34 PM
Banned

i agree^ crime is a crime and needs to be dealt with
Old 10-07-2010, 01:38 PM

wow thats pretty shitty
Old 10-07-2010, 01:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Damn, and I was just in Columbus at OSU about 5 months ago for my fraternity regionals. Glad I didn't get broken into, had about 2 grand worth of stereo equipment in there at the time. I was parked all over Columbus, even went clubbing at that one beside the movie theater. Sorry to hear you got broken into.
Old 10-07-2010, 01:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Time to leave a window down and camp out behind bushes with a couple friends. Almost like the show bait car except the perps get whooped on.
Old 10-07-2010, 02:03 PM

Lazy ****** donut munching ********!