Mid East MI, IN, OH, KY, WV, and VA

MICHIGAN XceedSpeed Spring BBQ 2008 5/10!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 06:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MICHIGAN XceedSpeed Spring BBQ 2008 5/10!!!

Dunno how many of the MI guys on here are on XceedSpeed . com too, but it's an awesome Michigan Sport Compact Community, and they are having their Spring BBQ this Saturday!!!

BBQ Link

Should be a good time, We're meeting up at the Walmart in Lansing around 8:30 hit me up if anyone wants to caravan down

Info

Auto Addictions Presents: XceedSpeed Spring BBQ 2008
It's that time again!

Date: Saturday, May 10th, 2008
Area: Wave Pool Parking Lot (See below diagram)
Time: 11am
End Time: 6pm

There is a baseball diamond, basketball courts, a tot lot, bike trails and a large field nearby. Basically if you want, come prepared to play. Organize some basketball or a baseball game, bring a frisbee, whatever you want.

Click the link below for Mapquest
MAPQUEST DIRECTIONS

CLICK FOR PARK MAP!

What is provided/expected of me?

We provide: The burgers & dogs with buns as well as ketchup and mustard.

You provide: The rest! Bring some pop, chips, cookies, etc. What you bring is up to you but we need you to bring something! The participation of everyone ensures that we have plenty to drink and snack on over the 7 hours we're at the park. We do ask for an emphasis on drinks as that's not something we want to run short on.

If you are unable to bring something.. please don't let that deter you from coming. No one is out in the parking lot checking your hands. I understand how money comes and goes and the last thing I'd want is for you to skip the bbq because you can't bring something. If you're broke.. hitch a ride and come!

If you want to bring something, please check this signup sheet. You don't have to sign up to bring something, but it's helpful so we know if we're going to be short on something.

And remember...

PICK UP AFTER YOURSELF!

When we reserve a pavilion at the Metroparks, we have to APPLY for it. If our name gets associated with constantly trashing their lot, they aren't going to give us the reservation the next time we ask for it. For the most part, we're all adults at this event. Please act like one. When you're done with your pop or food, go place the items in the proper receptacle. It's very easy and I'm sure your mommy taught you this at a young age.

We provide bags for trash and cans, please use them!

Who is welcome?

EVERYONE! And I do mean everyone. I noticed that year after year, it's mainly sport compact guys that show up despite the fact that we have a lot of v8 and truck guys lurking about here. I encourage everyone to come out and have fun. Bring the wife and kids.. we try to keep things family friendly. It's a great day of eating, socializing and some hot cars to stare at as well.

The Raffle
There will be a raffle as usual. Tickets cost $1 and can be bought from our roaming ticket sales people throughout the day or right before the raffle begins. This is our main way of recouping the cost of the BBQ as well as cover some of our costs through the year so we rely on people to participate.

As always, we need items for the raffle. Any businesses interested in helping us out with the raffle, please pm me!

FAQ
Q. Can I bring beer?
A. We usually discourage this type of activity for a few reasons. First and foremost, we're a gigantic gathering of cars. This kind of makes us incredibly obvious to police. No one at XceedSpeed condones drinking beer and then driving a car. Secondly, the park rangers are VERY aware of our presence and drive through our gathering constantly throughout the day. The less reason they have to stop, the better. If you must bring beer.. it has to be in plastic bottles. No hard liquor is allowed in the park either.

Q. Can I bring my dog??
A. Of course! We've had plenty of people bring dogs of all sizes. Just make sure you have the pooch on a leash and that it's not going to attack someone's poodle or something

Q. Is there a cost?
A. You will need to pay $4 per car to enter the park. That is the only cost to you. But you should come prepared to buy some raffle tickets.

WTFBBQ Bump, nobody from MI interested?

Last edited by SS33; 05-07-2008 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-08-2008, 09:35 AM

Im planning on being there with some of the J-Bom Group!
Old 05-09-2008, 11:28 AM

^^Sweet, I'll see ya there

If anyone around Lansing wants to meet up for the convoy, we will be at the Walmart (west side) at 8:30