Mid East MI, IN, OH, KY, WV, and VA

Va

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 09:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WhiteSSBalt, so you say you'll be there the 27th also. Just so you know, I beleive everyone will be there at 11am
Old 03-12-2007, 09:53 PM
Not a Sebring

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CobaltBurst, i'll let him know, but race him NOW if you really wanna race, as he'll soon have an Agency power titanium cat back, Agency Power downpipe, Injen cold air intake, Agency Power up-pipe, Agency Power pulley, Agency Power blow off valve installed (he's half way there....already has the cat-back, downpipe, and blow off valve) + an open ECU tune by Pro Motion by summer time. Should be sick, and fast as *****.

Dervin, i've said I was coming since day 1 (read my posts waaaaay back), haha. C'mon now, can't forget the 2.4 underdog owner! 11 sounds good. Hopefully it dosent rain. I'll clean the 'balt up nice and drive .5mph down my crappy dirt road in an attempt to keep it clean.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:24 PM

well by then ill have my cooling mods and my 2.5 installed with downpipe and wideband. should be interesting
Old 03-13-2007, 08:45 PM
Not a Sebring

indeed. I think from a highway roll you could take him, b/c STi's are nothing special from a roll. But from a dead stop, I think he'd get ya (assuming he had all the mods I listed on) b/c of his symetrical AWD. However, until he gets the rest of it, he'll remain stock. So as it stands currently, I think you'd take him (though i'd never say it to him b/c he's convinced his car is god).
Old 03-13-2007, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by WhiteSSBalt
indeed. I think from a highway roll you could take him, b/c STi's are nothing special from a roll. But from a dead stop, I think he'd get ya (assuming he had all the mods I listed on) b/c of his symetrical AWD. However, until he gets the rest of it, he'll remain stock. So as it stands currently, I think you'd take him (though i'd never say it to him b/c he's convinced his car is god).
LOL i would rape him from a roll right now with just my 2.7 . Maybe a dig, dunno if my clutch would hold up or not and so i wont race from a dig.(dont feel like making excuses, then people just think im lame) But who knows he has a nice ride man i love the white on those. If i were to do it all over i would be driving one of those, but im a chevy man too so i love the ss.
Old 03-16-2007, 12:16 PM
Not a Sebring

Pieeater, I ordered my new wheels/tires the other day. 18x7.5 gunmetal Enkei WDMs. Be on the lookout for a fresh new look on my SS.
Old 03-16-2007, 01:20 PM

Whitey,
I will be on the lookout. I hope you like them, they should really finish the look of the car. Getting rid of my stock wheels and tires was the best thing i have done to my car.

I have been trying to stay away from this site for the last few months. I have a kid on the way and am trying to save some money. Coming back on here is dangerous.

Last edited by Pieeater; 03-16-2007 at 01:38 PM.
Old 03-16-2007, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by nanaki
there's a car gathering at the chick-fil-a near dulles town center mall usually every friday. some nice rides show up.
Yeah I've seen a whole bunch of Cars there on Friday nights, I drive a yellow SS/SC, I go to the bank there to deposit my paycheck everyother week. I work in Herndon but have a part time job at Dicks Sporting Goods at the town center, I live in Alexandria though so I'm traveling the parkway and 28, 66, and 495 a lot.
Old 03-16-2007, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Badassz69
Yeah I've seen a whole bunch of Cars there on Friday nights, I drive a yellow SS/SC, I go to the bank there to deposit my paycheck everyother week. I work in Herndon but have a part time job at Dicks Sporting Goods at the town center, I live in Alexandria though so I'm traveling the parkway and 28, 66, and 495 a lot.
Where in alexandria you at?
Old 03-16-2007, 03:10 PM

I'm near Edison High School, Lee District Area
Old 03-19-2007, 11:36 AM

i posted a story in this thread about a race with a yellow balt on 66. that wasn't you, was it? i pulled it pretty hard and then started braking and the balt flew by me sorta waving like "see-ya!".
Old 03-19-2007, 02:33 PM

i posted a story in this thread about a race with a yellow balt on 66. that wasn't you, was it? i pulled it pretty hard and then started braking and the balt flew by me sorta waving like "see-ya!".
No don't think it was me, I'm on 66 late at night around 11pm, I think I ready your thread and it said that the passanger waved or something. My girlfriend hates it when I race so she would not egg me on like that. She's barley ever in the car as well. When I do mess around and race, I pull hard too but then brake after I get a car length or so farther the the other car, I'm not into losing my licence. I'm not the type that would fly past someone after the race is over. Used to have that happen to me a lot when I had my Camaros and then all little imports would speed past me like if they were faster or something.
Old 03-19-2007, 03:10 PM
Not a Sebring

Originally Posted by Pieeater
Whitey,
I will be on the lookout. I hope you like them, they should really finish the look of the car. Getting rid of my stock wheels and tires was the best thing i have done to my car.

I have been trying to stay away from this site for the last few months. I have a kid on the way and am trying to save some money. Coming back on here is dangerous.
Yeah, they should be here any day now. Shame 17 has turned into one massive pothole due to the weather we've been having.

Congrats on the kid btw. One of my best friends has 3 year old, and he still has money and time to mod his xA. Probally the nicest xA i've ever seen firsthand actually. So don't give up hope yet!
Old 03-19-2007, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by WhiteSSBalt
Yeah, they should be here any day now. Shame 17 has turned into one massive pothole due to the weather we've been having.

Congrats on the kid btw. One of my best friends has 3 year old, and he still has money and time to mod his xA. Probally the nicest xA i've ever seen firsthand actually. So don't give up hope yet!

17 is still better then 28. I have a severe hatred for VDOT that stems from work and personal experience. Watching VDOT plan/work in northern virginia is like watching a monkey hump a football.

I am not giving up hope yet, just preparing for the worst case scenario. I dumped a ton of money in my car when I first bought it with the hope of getting it to where I want it, but then again, I am never satisfied.
Old 03-19-2007, 05:24 PM
Not a Sebring

Originally Posted by Pieeater
17 is still better then 28. I have a severe hatred for VDOT that stems from work and personal experience. Watching VDOT plan/work in northern virginia is like watching a monkey hump a football.

I am not giving up hope yet, just preparing for the worst case scenario. I dumped a ton of money in my car when I first bought it with the hope of getting it to where I want it, but then again, I am never satisfied.

yeah, I hear ya. But once you think its about where you want it, you just find more to do. I never thought I would get wheels, but after seeing my friend put new wheels on his xA, and my other friend put his summer wheels back on his Focus, I just had to get some, lol. Next up for me is the CA floor brace, Eibach sway bars, SS/SC injectors and some tuning, then I swear im done! (for a while at least!!!)

Btw, have you seen 17 between like M&Ps and the light in front of Cedar Lee. Potholes along the entire right lane!!!

Oh yeah, and I want everyone's opinions on my new wheels when I go on the 27th. I broke the bind and bought something BESIDES 5-stars!! :gasp: It was a hard decision, but I felt the need to do something different.

Last edited by WhiteSSBalt; 03-19-2007 at 06:03 PM.
Old 03-19-2007, 05:29 PM

I live in woodbridge close to potomac mills mall. Iv seen a black and yellow supercharged...cobalts are popping out more and more the past few months.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:03 AM

Black SS/SC in Woodbridge area huh? Could be me... I live in Lake Ridge. Drive down to Quantico and back almost every day....
Old 03-20-2007, 11:56 AM

No don't think it was me, I'm on 66 late at night around 11pm, I think I ready your thread and it said that the passanger waved or something. My girlfriend hates it when I race so she would not egg me on like that. She's barley ever in the car as well. When I do mess around and race, I pull hard too but then brake after I get a car length or so farther the the other car, I'm not into losing my licence. I'm not the type that would fly past someone after the race is over. Used to have that happen to me a lot when I had my Camaros and then all little imports would speed past me like if they were faster or something.
ahhh. well that's a relief. yeah, it was the gf/wife/sister or whatever that waived as if he was just pulling on me really hard. it wasn't late at night either, more like afternoon time. to be honest, i was expecting somebody here to post a mustang kill from 66. that woulda been hella cute though.
Old 03-20-2007, 05:31 PM

ahhh. well that's a relief. yeah, it was the gf/wife/sister or whatever that waived as if he was just pulling on me really hard. it wasn't late at night either, more like afternoon time. to be honest, i was expecting somebody here to post a mustang kill from 66. that woulda been hella cute though.
< Never race with a female in the car....
plus in Pittsburgh at the time...

someday I'll catch you though
Old 03-20-2007, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by YellowSiren
< Never race with a female in the car....
plus in Pittsburgh at the time...

someday I'll catch you though
i'll be around. i'm not really supposed to be going ***** to walls though. my CEL came on while racing a lightning because of a fuel spike. i still won though. a roll race probably wouldn't be as bad from a dig hammering through every gear.

i just got a new car for a DD and i'm driving my stang around more. stupid nice weather!
Old 03-21-2007, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by UmeNNis
Black SS/SC in Woodbridge area huh? Could be me... I live in Lake Ridge. Drive down to Quantico and back almost every day....
nice to meet you black cobalt...i live in ridgefield Village nxt to queensdale.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:54 PM
Not a Sebring

Well, turns out theres a good chance the new wheels/tires won't be on by the 27th. Wheelsnext called me and hadn't processed the order yet, b/c since i've recently moved, my adress didn't match up with my credit card info, b/c BB&T has yet to update my info even though I did all the paper work over a month ago. But the Wheelsnext guy was really helpful, and called the bank on a 3 way call and got it all straightend out, and everythings good to go. However, since the Enkei WDMs are so new, Wheelsnext hasn't even ordered stock for them yet, and they have to special order my set for me, meaning more waiting. The rep said that they should be in their warehouse by the end of the week, and at my front door end of next week. No matter, i'll rock the stockers if I must. The rotors and pads are going on Fri. though.
Old 03-22-2007, 03:33 PM

Are you going to be around chick filet this Friday, I'll be by there sometime after 10 may stop by and checkout who's there.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:55 PM

Are you going to be around chick filet this Friday, I'll be by there sometime after 10 may stop by and checkout who's there.
was that you on 495 around 630- 7pm tonight?
Old 03-23-2007, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by YellowSiren
was that you on 495 around 630- 7pm tonight?
No I rode my bike yesterday too nice out to be stuck in a car.