New Members Check In!! If you're new to CobaltSS, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Cobalt!!

Tune to go with zzp stage 2 kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 09:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tune to go with zzp stage 2 kit

Ok so I settled on zzp stage 2. Here are my mod selections:
Option 1: Oversized tensioner pulley
Option 2: 3.0" pulley (black)
Option 3: Siemens 60# Injectors
Option 4: ZZP 3" intake
Model: Cobalt SS
Core Charge: I am doing my own tuning
Reason I am getting these is I saw on a thread saying the shorter belt is not necessary with a 3.0 and was an extra $35 so I decided no on it. I am getting 60# injectors so I can go stage 3 later I just don't have the money now and those are the only things I'm worried about installing my self plus they were the same price as the 42# so I'm not spending any extra money. I am getting no supporting cooling mods because I read from multiple people on the forums that while the more the better they are not necessary with stage 2 with a 3.0 IF I get a good tune which is why I'm here. I have no experience with tuning and have no idea what to ask for or say to a tuner. The reason I am going custom is because while I haven't heard anything bad about zzp's tune it's not perfect and I will most likely get a custom one in the long run. I know a tune can range anywhere from $200-$500. But when I approach the people doing it do they have files with tunes already on them? I know it's safer to start out a little on the rich side of a tune and make it leaner after some car monitoring. I just don't know what to say/expect. I know I could get some tuning files emailed like a trifecta or something along those lines. I've looked around the forums and threads for awhile but couldn't find anything to satisfy what I was looking for. I'm looking for as inexpensive/safe/performance maxing as possible. Thanks for taking time to read this and help.