Nitrous Oxide N20

final question before I can call this thing installed

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 12:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
final question before I can call this thing installed

OK Ive gotten everything else installed and im down to the TPS/WOT activation switch on my zex kit. I need to wire the white wire to the throttle position sensor, Ive gone over several wiring diagrams and I find that there are many different wires in this area that could potentially work.

I tried tapping into Throttle Position Sensor 1 (dark green wire), its apparently wrong because its giving me a reduced engine power signal and it turns the solenoids on as soon as I activate the system inside the car

Im thinking about trying the 5 volt reference wire but i dont know, does any1 know which wire it is exactly or what I can look for if I was using a volt meter?

car is 2.0 SS/SC
Old 06-09-2009, 03:45 PM

damn this sucks i am at the same point that you are at still cant figure out wire it is. im about to go buy a voltmeter tommrrow and hopefully i can find it finally.
Old 06-09-2009, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by BlkWdoSS
OK Ive gotten everything else installed and im down to the TPS/WOT activation switch on my zex kit. I need to wire the white wire to the throttle position sensor, Ive gone over several wiring diagrams and I find that there are many different wires in this area that could potentially work.

I tried tapping into Throttle Position Sensor 1 (dark green wire), its apparently wrong because its giving me a reduced engine power signal and it turns the solenoids on as soon as I activate the system inside the car

Im thinking about trying the 5 volt reference wire but i dont know, does any1 know which wire it is exactly or what I can look for if I was using a volt meter?

car is 2.0 SS/SC
I'm tapped into the green wire on the harness that leads into the throttle body. I'm using a
NX Express TPS. I went off the wiring diagram from Alldata DIY. Did you follow the programing steps properly?
Old 06-10-2009, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by fjordbosun
I'm tapped into the green wire on the harness that leads into the throttle body. I'm using a
NX Express TPS. I went off the wiring diagram from Alldata DIY. Did you follow the programing steps properly?
yeah i am also having the same problem tapped into the green wire. now my solenoid just clicks on when i barely tap the throttle
Old 06-11-2009, 12:44 AM

i spoke with Dave at Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet, its fairly local to me so I made the trip down and let them take a look. they are confused as well as I am and they said the purple wire or green wire should work if properly programmed,

I did notice that the pins on my TB connector came loose very easily, after reinstalling them my idle problem is gone but im still having trouble with the solenoids coming on.

I was told that I may have to use a microswitch on the pedal but even that wont be as consistent or plausible as using the proper wire.

after doing some research I may attempt to set it up using my methanol boost solenoid so that at a certain boost level the meth and the nitrous will come on.

as I learn I will pass on the findings, thanx all, and any input will be appreciated

thanx,
PD