Nitrous Oxide N20

Intercooler Spray kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 07:24 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Intercooler Spray kit

Once my build starts at NSI Im going to have the NOS Intercooler spray kit put on the car, wandering if anyone else has done it and if so then what have they seen since installation.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:58 PM

just from reading articles, the CRY 02 system is a better deal. mostly because c02 is cheaper to refill than NoS. just google it and read up on it is all i can say.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by jazzyjames1371
just from reading articles, the CRY 02 system is a better deal. mostly because c02 is cheaper to refill than NoS. just google it and read up on it is all i can say.
Unless you have means of completely diverting it from anywhere near
the engine, it's a bad idea. It will get into the engine and stall the car.

From Cryofuzion: http://cryofuzion.com/spraybar.htm

The Conclusion

We now know that it is almost impossible to use an intercooler spray bar without some residual gases being drawn into the intake. We also know that CO2 displaces oxygen. Therefore, we can determine that even a very small amount of CO2 entering the air intake will decrease power output. This one of the theories used in producing Cryofuzion's system of Cheetah Jets.
Some racers who are unknowingly using these intercooler spray bars with CO2 have also installed hobbs switches. This means they are using a boost activated switch to turn the CO2 spray off and on. (When the boost pressure rises, the CO2 spray comes on.) This is perhaps the worst idea for a spray bar I had encountered. The power robbing effects of the CO2 will be maximized at full throttle conditions, which is when the switches are activating the spray bars. If CO2 is to be used on an intercooler, it should at least be done while at an idle when peak power isn't a concern.

We concluded that nitrous oxide, when sprayed onto the intercooler can net some impressive results. However, a larger portion of the gain seen while employing this method comes from the residual N2O being drawn into the intake and subsequently used within the combustion chamber. N2O's oxidizing capabilities assist in combustion, creating horsepower. This is a double edged sword. The problem with using nitrous oxide in this manner is that it is unmetered. In other words, there can be no way to correct the air/fuel ratio or ignition timing of the car when the nitrous oxide is added. This will almost certainly lead to eventual motor damage.

Both nitrous oxide and carbon dioxide when sprayed onto the intercooler can be effective if used during non-crucial times. They could be used effectively any time engine power output is not important. For example, while staging during a drag race to prevent heat soak. Or, pre-launch. However, using either one during a full power run, or during spirited driving of any kind can lead to disaster. Or, at least the loss of a race ... but isn't that almost as devastating?
Old 11-30-2009, 10:20 AM

im putting the cryo kit on my car and like stated previous its much cheaper to refill. you get the same result if your just using the intercooler spray bar. the cryo kit is also great quality have no issues so far easy install.
Old 12-03-2009, 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by m04davis
im putting the cryo kit on my car and like stated previous its much cheaper to refill. you get the same result if your just using the intercooler spray bar. the cryo kit is also great quality have no issues so far easy install.
In one ear, out the other.
Old 12-03-2009, 06:55 AM

I'm the retard that installed the DEI Cryo 2 kit, on m04davis, brothers, 09 SS/TC.

The install was easy, and fairly straight forward. Wiring schematics were easy to follow as well. I do not see a lot of CO2 getting into the intake on the SS/TC from the placement of the kits halo in relation to the intake.

In some vehicles, yes it would be drawn directly into the intake.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:05 AM

Received 65 Likes on 59 Posts
Is there a real need for this on an SS/TC in the middle of winter.

I am not sure I would want the spray kit with my bigger intercooler. Seems like the IAT2 would almost be too low.

Ask some of the LSJ guys about killing their engine in the winter.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by umrdyldo
Is there a real need for this on an SS/TC in the middle of winter.

I am not sure I would want the spray kit with my bigger intercooler. Seems like the IAT2 would almost be too low.

Ask some of the LSJ guys about killing their engine in the winter.
No, there is NO need for use in the winter. Just in the summer with higher boost.