Nitrous Oxide N20

This is what you need to run nitrous - LOOK HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 12:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice write man
Old 03-09-2008, 01:00 PM

great write up...
Old 03-09-2008, 01:12 PM

yeah some of it is but the nano at almost 600$ is not .At the track on the 1/4 mile I leave the line at 1000 psi check bottle after the run now 800 psi so I lost 200 psi and have about30-min to an hr to build pressure my heat blanket does it just fine. so unless you are doing back to back runs its a waste of money.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:15 AM
Banned

All you need is a torch, screw bottle warmers(They always mess up anyway)......Purge kits are nothing more then to test the line and make sure excess air gets out of the line(Turn you car off, and test the line or clear the line) no harm done. Blow down tubes are just for safety just incase bottle pressure gets to high, in most cases it doesnt unless your an idiot and dont monitor it, remote bottle openers are for people who are too lazy to get out and turn their bottle on from the trunk, or reach around and turn it on behind their seat before a race....You can save money by not buying all these parts, which in most cases are not needed if you wont be using your nitrous that often.
Old 03-12-2008, 02:32 AM

Good write up ioninja
Old 03-12-2008, 11:00 PM
Moderator Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Awesome write up. Stuck it for you.
Old 03-14-2008, 06:18 PM

GREAT SUCCESS!

I was wondering if it was ever gonna happen
Old 03-18-2008, 12:05 PM

for the NOS kit why use 05150NOS would the 05134NOS its drive by wire ???
Old 03-19-2008, 12:28 PM

the only difference between the two is the one I posted comes with a WOT switch which you must place under the pedal and the one you posted actually taps into the TPS. Either one will work...although since we pretty much are all throttle by wire here I'll update the original post with the 05134NOS P/N.
Old 03-19-2008, 10:35 PM

i'm a complete noob to nitrous other than what i've seen on 2fast2furious so bare with me. I dont feel like waisting money on a GM stage kit when i can get the same thing for way cheaper.if i bought an intense 2.8 pulley system and other required parts with their tune could i run nitrous?how does nitrous compare to alcohol injection, performance wise?
Old 04-01-2008, 11:55 AM

great write-up. Thinking of getting juiced up. I'm still worried about my 2.2 intake mani cracking...not due to a backfire but rather the change in temperature. I know the 2.4 mani is one solid plastic piece but don't really want to sacrifice any more low end torque than I already have. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by springerdesigner
great write-up. Thinking of getting juiced up. I'm still worried about my 2.2 intake mani cracking...not due to a backfire but rather the change in temperature. I know the 2.4 mani is one solid plastic piece but don't really want to sacrifice any more low end torque than I already have. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
I've been running nitrous since novish 06 on the stock 2.2 mani and another Ion guy has been running same shot for atleast a year before that and 0 problems.

Unless you are planning on direct port I wouldn't bother with another mani personally

Originally Posted by StealthBlack SS/SC
i'm a complete noob to nitrous other than what i've seen on 2fast2furious so bare with me. I dont feel like waisting money on a GM stage kit when i can get the same thing for way cheaper.if i bought an intense 2.8 pulley system and other required parts with their tune could i run nitrous?how does nitrous compare to alcohol injection, performance wise?
I believe Zinner on here is running a 2.8 and a 50 shot of nitrous without any issues.

I'm pretty positive that the Intense tune is going to be running too much timing for nitrous. That goes for any canned tune really as they are going to advance timing for optimal power. You really need someone with HPT to examine how your car is reacting on the spray and adjust from there.

Last edited by IonNinja; 04-03-2008 at 12:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-03-2008, 11:55 AM

so 50 wet shot with my current setup (INTENSE tune 2.9 with 42s) + a new tune? = GOOD?
Old 04-03-2008, 12:06 PM

nice write up i had to learn the hard way. i bought everything u have listed. U might want to add the dynotune control center it has all the switches for bottle warmer, opener, purge and armed all in one pod guage. its amazing!

also how about a write up for tapping the fuel line?????? for a wet kit
Old 04-03-2008, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by SSCobalt~SSZ24
so 50 wet shot with my current setup (INTENSE tune 2.9 with 42s) + a new tune? = GOOD?
yes you should be fine from what I've seen so far...you may want to track down some SS/SC guys running on spray and see how they are setup. ItalianJoe1 is another guy other than Zinner IIRC that is spraying his LSJ.

Originally Posted by silentd
nice write up i had to learn the hard way. i bought everything u have listed. U might want to add the dynotune control center it has all the switches for bottle warmer, opener, purge and armed all in one pod guage. its amazing!

also how about a write up for tapping the fuel line?????? for a wet kit
if you take a look at the fuel rail, there is a cap on it...just take off the cap, pull out the schrader valve and tap your fuel line there. Works fine...

schrader valve removal tool

Some say when removing valve fuel sprays out so you may want to have a rag handy and be quick...I didn't have this problem personally though.

Last edited by IonNinja; 04-03-2008 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-03-2008, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by IonNinja
yes you should be fine from what I've seen so far...you may want to track down some SS/SC guys running on spray and see how they are setup. ItalianJoe1 is another guy other than Zinner IIRC that is spraying his LSJ.

if you take a look at the fuel rail, there is a cap on it...just take off the cap, pull out the schrader valve and tap your fuel line there. Works fine...

schrader valve removal tool

Some say when removing valve fuel sprays out so you may want to have a rag handy and be quick...I didn't have this problem personally though.
THANK YOU!!!! sweet! and the picture makes things so much easier
Old 04-25-2008, 11:18 PM

i have the airbox mod, could i run nitrous with just my current mod + a cat back exhaust?
Old 05-03-2008, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by IonNinja
make sure your car has been turned off for awhile to relieve some of the pressure in the lines

im thinking a good 50 shot wet kit, purge, and a bottle pressure gauge. i have 60s and a 2.6, i might be switching to a 2.8 pulley though to keep down some temps, and i have the cx racing heat exchanger, i might be getting meth as well.

how do you regulate the nitrous? is it by switch or wot? if i have nitrous, i obviously will be tuned for it, but i wont be using it all the time (mainly at the track). when im not using it at the track and im still tuned for it, arent i gonna run rich or lean or something?
so get a tune when im at the track and when im not go back to my normal tune? too confusing, i odnt have the tuning software so its makes it difficult

maybe meth is just the easier way to go to get 10%hp increase with a tune
Old 05-04-2008, 11:46 AM

depending on your setup, there are a few criteria that need to be met before it will spray:

1) Arming switch is on
2) If you have a WOT switch, it will activate once your arming switch is turned on and you are WOT
3) If you have a window switch (set from 3100 to 6800 for example), it will active once you have turned on the arming switch, are WOT and within that RPM range.

If the arming switch is off...nothing happens.

In regards to the tune, if you don't have a way to switch between tunes. The best way is just to run a tune that is safe for both on/off the bottle. You may sacrifice a little power off the bottle if timing needs to be pulled but you'll be safe while spraying.
Old 05-04-2008, 05:01 PM

thanks man ill keep you updated, im finally starting to work on this exhuast right now. im becoming better with the nitrous persepctive, what are people running with it? quater mile wise
Old 06-11-2008, 03:27 PM

ok i have had a Zex wet nitrouse kit installed with purge and bottle heater with led to light up the purge lol. I also have the window switch. However i chose different spark plugs then recomended. I got the NGK Laser Iridiums but they are still 1 step colder as needed they were still 30 bucks even with my napa discount lol. And im only running 35 shot for now on a G5 GT. I have a high flow cat, Gm cat-back-GM Performance Air intake,and performance tune. I have the LE5 2.4L and soon to come i will have a Header. So far the installers say that with such a small shot on a stock G5 GT engine im totaly safe. But they didt recomend anything over 50 shot.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:09 AM

hey whats up, I have a question about running nitrous on a 2.0 ss. Its first time using nitrous and i dont really know a lot about it, i bought a zex wet kit and a zex window switch with a set of spark plugs. The ones zzperformance sold me were NGK Iridium IX Spark Plugs 2 steps colder. The guy that intall the nitrous told me i might want to check on those spark plugs if they were the right ones to run nitrous with. I looked at the list below here and it says to use copper spark plugs which my are not copper. Is it safe to run the ones i got or i have to change them?
Old 07-17-2008, 11:19 AM

iridium plugs are fine with nitrous, I run them as well

copper plugs are usually recommended because they're about 1/4 price of iridium plugs lol

but yes both copper & iridium plugs are fine for nitrous
Old 09-07-2008, 10:08 AM
Banned

This is a great sticky. It helped me along the way of what I should pick. Thank you IonNinja
Old 09-08-2008, 08:49 PM

Question

iam not a genious but would plustar sparkplugs be fine casue iam told that just those sparkplugs can add up to 5 horsepower what is another perforemance spark plug that can do the same and run nitrous? thanx

Quick Reply: This is what you need to run nitrous - LOOK HERE!