North Central ND, SD, MN, and WI

Minnesota Balts 2008

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 09:20 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
daaaaamn i cant wait to get my car down to the cities and see you guys hoffa did you "break" the car in yet? ie. do certain extra circular activities with a person of the opposite sex inside of it. I mean me and you had fun but....
Old 07-21-2008, 06:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that sir, is none of your buisness

Old 07-21-2008, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by hoffa
that sir, is none of your buisness

good to hear you got it back, everything good again?
Old 07-21-2008, 09:41 PM

Hope I catch you guys next time you head to uni.

Why I dont drive in the rain? Low visibility to pot holes...

Still awaiting new wheel.
Old 07-22-2008, 12:15 AM

no worries man, we understand. hope you can get your rim soon i wouldn't drive in the rain either if i had a choice and i had my vette.

i'll be down there both friday and saturday night this weekend. i'll be there with a bunch of friends but i hope to meet up with a few of you guys too. if you're thinkin about comin gimme a call, most of you already have my number, pm me if you don't have it and think ya might wanna meet up
Old 07-22-2008, 12:28 AM

I usually dont double post but I thought I would post something interesting that happened tonight.

I was cruising down "nameless" street tonight when out of the corner of my eye I spot a new C6 vette. He approaches me from the right and matches my speed. He throws me a rev and I return the favor. I here three honks, we nail it and I immediately pull 2 car lengths on him. By about 130 im about 4 cars on him and he lets off and ducks down a side street like a puss. Heres the best part of the story. I continue to coast down this street at about 110, mind you this is a 35 zone. Why I didnt slow down all the way I don't know. All of a sudden I see a piggy speed trap to my right. I'm like oh ****! I do the unthinkable and NAIL it! Bringing my speed up to 170+ flying between cars. Right as I see him come over the hill way behind me (Cherries lit and all), I slam the break and drift down the next side street. I cut my lights and immediately take the next right into a parking lot which happens to go threw to the next street over. Just as I do I see 2 Pigs fly down the "nameless" street. I hit my lights back on and slowly slowly make my way home. Made it home without a worry. So here I am, a wanted man, nah... No way he got my plates, I dont have a front plate, and my rear inst lit. Don't try this at home. Phew... Stupid I know. Boy what a rush though....
Old 07-22-2008, 09:39 AM

that's a great story. yes, i agree a little bit on the stupid side but i can't sit here and say i haven't done stupid stuff either, i've got plenty of those stories and i was busted in one of em and should be in jail and all but got off with a warning and everyone that witnessed it at the party i was caught at after the stupid driving couldn't believe i only got a warning. i've almost stopped with that though, that was close enough for me but that's a story to tell in person.

nice win over the vette too the new ones are fast as crap even for the base model ls3 or ls2 if it were an 07. you thinkin about uni this weekend villain?
Old 07-22-2008, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by 07SCCobaltSS
that's a great story. yes, i agree a little bit on the stupid side but i can't sit here and say i haven't done stupid stuff either, i've got plenty of those stories and i was busted in one of em and should be in jail and all but got off with a warning and everyone that witnessed it at the party i was caught at after the stupid driving couldn't believe i only got a warning. i've almost stopped with that though, that was close enough for me but that's a story to tell in person.

nice win over the vette too the new ones are fast as crap even for the base model ls3 or ls2 if it were an 07. you thinkin about uni this weekend villain?
Yes sir them vetts are fast but I enjoy the ride quality with the GTO and its equally as fast stock except for the Z06 of course. I'm working moving some plans around right now so I can make uni.

Hope to see you all there.

-Dave.

Old 07-22-2008, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Villain
Yes sir them vetts are fast but I enjoy the ride quality with the GTO and its equally as fast stock except for the Z06 of course. I'm working moving some plans around right now so I can make uni.

Hope to see you all there.

-Dave.

i think the gto is a great car and uses the vette engines so that's always a plus in my books bein the vette guy i am

my buddy, who i'm hopin you'll meet if you're there this weekend, and i took out a 6.0 gto like 2 years ago and it was a blast, the dealer was like don't hold anything back, just see what the car's got haha sweet car for sure, hope they come back

gimme a call if you're around this weekend, i'll be out at carcraft and on uni and snelling the whole weekend
Old 07-22-2008, 05:00 PM

i think the gto is a great car and uses the vette engines so that's always a plus in my books bein the vette guy i am

my buddy, who i'm hopin you'll meet if you're there this weekend, and i took out a 6.0 gto like 2 years ago and it was a blast, the dealer was like don't hold anything back, just see what the car's got haha sweet car for sure, hope they come back

gimme a call if you're around this weekend, i'll be out at carcraft and on uni and snelling the whole weekend
There a blast, sadly I must sell mine, I'm planning on getting a house soon and I will need the extra green. It makes me sick to my stomach even thinking about it but its what must be done. No worries because I plan on getting this F-body right down the road from me as soon as its gone. Still equally as fast and no payments.

If anyone here is interest let me know. Click here for the add. priced to sell at $23,500.
Old 07-22-2008, 05:03 PM

Devin, you better tell your buddy to buy that car ^
Old 07-22-2008, 05:40 PM

good to hear you got it back, everything good again?
yep sir! all better

man i need to get up to the cities soon...
Old 07-22-2008, 05:43 PM

If anyone here is interest let me know. Click here for the add. priced to sell at $23,500.
i'll let my buddy know. that guy i want you to meet loves gto's but he's on his third gtp now lol maybe you could sell him on it this weekend with a ride keep it in the fam

Originally Posted by rallyracer
Devin, you better tell your buddy to buy that car ^
i was already textin him by the time i scrolled down to read your text

yep sir! all better

man i need to get up to the cities soon...
yes, you do haha we all gotta do somethin again soon here or even in rochester jeff and i were talkin about that last weekend
Old 07-22-2008, 08:47 PM

^yeah, we definately need to get something going. i've been pinchin pennies though due to the recent accident and other things.

and apparnetly, a lady (plus kids) takes a LOT of time off your hands
Old 07-22-2008, 08:58 PM

and apparnetly, a lady takes a LOT of time off your hands
I know ... I guess its all apart of getting older.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:31 PM

i wouldn't know, i'm not yet leashed lol

about the gto... i realized it's an auto printz won't buy an auto. everything else about it though was right on
Old 07-22-2008, 09:35 PM

printz won't buy an auto.
Good man...
Old 07-22-2008, 10:43 PM

about the gto... i realized it's an auto printz won't buy an auto. everything else about it though was right on
Yeah I get that alot, I couldn't pass the price I got for the car though. This auto wont disappoint. Tell your buddy to come this weekend, he will be convinced as I was. Stalled auto is a little bit different then stock'o'matic. Its 50/50 in our GTO club on which people prefer. Auto is better in the 1/4 mile, but the manual is much better for the corners. Numbers prove that time and time again. just my 2 cents... thanks guys.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:04 AM

Yeah I get that alot, I couldn't pass the price I got for the car though. This auto wont disappoint. Tell your buddy to come this weekend, he will be convinced as I was. Stalled auto is a little bit different then stock'o'matic. Its 50/50 in our GTO club on which people prefer. Auto is better in the 1/4 mile, but the manual is much better for the corners. Numbers prove that time and time again. just my 2 cents... thanks guys.
he'll be there for sure with me and we'll be sure to check it out either way and for a great price you're right, it's hard to pass up. you may be able to sell him on it depending on how much he likes the car and the price. show it off a little this weekend and he may consider it, he's used to the auto anyways in his gtp so yours may be different but i'm sure if everything is lookin good then he might look into it. auto or not i still think you're car is a freakin sweet car and am def gonna try to get a ride in it , you know you wanna show it off some

i personally wouldn't go back to an auto anymore after my ss unless i bought a truck. i just like having full control over the car like that. but that's just me. after drivin my car i just love drivin a manual and it bothers me to be back into an auto lol even when i first got my car and couldn't drive it too well, i just find it to be more fun and again the complete control over the car. i couldn't go back to an auto and wouldn't wanna.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:16 AM

any of us in MN have HP Tuners?
Old 07-23-2008, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by sput
wish i did but not me

damn i'm bored as hell at work and now that i start at 7 we need more activity on here early in the morning lol...

who here has seen batman!? i saw it at the thursday midnight showing when it opened and again the very next day and now i'm goin to the imax to watch it. i'm hardly a fan of the batman movies but wow. the joker made that movie and heith ledger did above and beyond what could be expected for playing the joker, you couldn't even tell it was him.

that's a good review imo, not being a big fan of ledger nor batman and i'd rate it maybe in my top ten fav movies ever. certainly worth seeing

Last edited by 07SCCobaltSS; 07-23-2008 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-23-2008, 10:06 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Is that the same guy with a GTP? cuz....those are auto :P
Old 07-23-2008, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by northvibe
Is that the same guy with a GTP? cuz....those are auto :P
yep, same guy and i'm gonna see if i can get him to think about it. a ride in it by the sounds of it could really get him thinkin considerin it sounds a decent amount faster than a stock 6.0 gto and it's in good shape with low miles, hit the price right and he might consider it
Old 07-23-2008, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by sput
I know a really good tuner who did mine using HP tuners.

Names Carl, hes tuned almost every gto on the forum here in Minnesota.

651-246-7512
Old 07-23-2008, 10:40 AM

^^^
nice, i'll have to give him a call when i'm ready for my tune. what's he charge roughly?

Quick Reply: Minnesota Balts 2008