North Central ND, SD, MN, and WI

Minnesota Balts 2008

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 05:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Villain
Your lucky, rotors and brakes for mine are around $900.

Check out the flyby of the new drive.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=GddeyQNydcg&feature=related
nice, sounds good
Old 07-30-2008, 07:05 PM

you can get rotors and ceramic pads from CED for about 450-500. dunno how good they are though

http://www.crateenginedepot.com/stor...arts-C192.aspx
Old 07-30-2008, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by hoffa
you can get rotors and ceramic pads from CED for about 450-500. dunno how good they are though

http://www.crateenginedepot.com/stor...arts-C192.aspx
thanks hoffa, i'll have to keep that in mind when i scrape up some money for some.

a person on my sales team just made $912 in incentive for last month, yeah it'll be taxed like no other but with extra checks every month i could have one hell of a time in my balt or after riddin around with dave in his gto maybe a vette since he reminded me why i want a v8 so bad

hoffa, just spotted http://turbotechracing.com/productca...idproduct=4599 thought you might at least wanna take a look

Last edited by 07SCCobaltSS; 07-30-2008 at 07:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-30-2008, 10:20 PM

those don't really look any different than the gm ones.

btw ian... i'm really sad at the fact you haven't answered my question yet

Old 07-30-2008, 11:23 PM

btw ian... i'm really sad at the fact you haven't answered my question yet

hey hoff... i'm actually doing the same research right now since i need rotors and pads BAAAAD. but Ive read that the power slots actually perform better, and they've had problems with the drilled and slotted with the balts. but brent's got em and he likes them i think so what do i know.

btw you still haven't taken me up on the stock to your mods race yet... lol
Old 07-31-2008, 10:00 AM

yeah, just somethin i came across.

odds are i'll get mine on ebay. i was lookin at these for a little while but i've heard by too many people to stay away from cross drilled so i gotta find a good deal on some slotted really soon

thinkin about buyin this bike, what do you guys think? i'd keep my car probably but just an option i'm considering for road trips, cruisin with buddies and all

Last edited by 07SCCobaltSS; 07-31-2008 at 10:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-31-2008, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by 07SCCobaltSS
yeah, just somethin i came across.

odds are i'll get mine on ebay. i was lookin at these for a little while but i've heard by too many people to stay away from cross drilled so i gotta find a good deal on some slotted really soon

thinkin about buyin this bike, what do you guys think? i'd keep my car probably but just an option i'm considering for road trips, cruisin with buddies and all

Looks sharp. Id love to have a bike too. My friends have warned me that once I start riding, that driving my car would be boring. Most of them have sold there cars for bikes, so I guess its true. I'm sure it will work out either way.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:09 AM

Looks sharp. Id love to have a bike too. My friends have warned me that once I start riding, that driving my car would be boring. Most of them have sold there cars for bikes, so I guess its true. I'm sure it will work out either way.
yeah, i could see how it would become a little more boring and if i sell my car then i drop 14k of debt but i think i'd have tons of fun with both. my car for drivin to work or uni and all and the bike for road trips and the short little runs i have to friends' houses when it's nice out.

only downside is that means i'd have to continue drivin my car in the winter but i've already got the rims and tires from last year and doin a bike would be cheaper than an older truck especially if i did my road trips to iowa to visit family on the bike.

i'll have to really think about this one, i think it'd be a sweet way to go though with the ss and the bike
Old 07-31-2008, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by tygRacer
hey hoff... i'm actually doing the same research right now since i need rotors and pads BAAAAD. but Ive read that the power slots actually perform better, and they've had problems with the drilled and slotted with the balts. but brent's got em and he likes them i think so what do i know.

btw you still haven't taken me up on the stock to your mods race yet... lol
jesus h christ...

between vr, you and brent, it's like return of the dead the past week.

you still haven't modded yet? oh wait... to much speeding tickets?? j/p why would the drilled + slotted be worse?
Old 07-31-2008, 01:58 PM

jesus h christ...

between vr, you and brent, it's like return of the dead the past week.

you still haven't modded yet? oh wait... to much speeding tickets?? j/p why would the drilled + slotted be worse?
mmmmm.......BRAAAAAAAIIIIIIINNNNSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

Just got my ccfl projectors from ups at work today. Will have them installed tonight. If I decide to take pics, don't laugh at the mod to my front bumper, reaer ender someone over the winter, just took a little paint off. I think next spring, after I have my CC paid off and what not, i'll fix it, lol!
Old 07-31-2008, 05:08 PM

Just got my exhaust installed as well. I had to do a little fabrication to get it to fit correctly (and cutting off the old pipe as it was welded) , but it sounds great now. The next thing I will be putting in are projectors. Was thinking Anzo's but not sure yet. I plan to make the next meet hopefully, hope it's not too far from Coon Rapids.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:02 PM

I pick up my rotors and pads through THMotorsports (site vendor)...I think they cost me around $400 shipped.

F&R Stoptech Rotors | F&R Hawk HPS Pads
https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/show...=thmotorsports

Originally Posted by sc0rch
hope it's not too far from Coon Rapids.
Most of our meets have either beein the Roseville area or at that MOA.

Last edited by rallyracer; 07-31-2008 at 07:49 PM.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:29 PM

are hawk rotors/pads seriously that good?? they are about even with pricing with what ced has.

and another ?. whats teh difference in performance between having the rotors drilled or slotted? never quite understood that
Old 08-01-2008, 01:44 AM

us guys in min. don't want drilled rotors due to all the road work and salt, the dirt gets in the holes and will crack or break the rotors.(thats what the tell me)when they are drilled and sloted the rotors stay cooler then just sloted.
Old 08-01-2008, 08:28 AM

so basically, get the slotted ones, unless you aren't planning on driving your car for 4-5 out of the 12 months.

btw... https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/parts-66/wts-2-4l-supercharger-kit-125319/

slap me on a 2.9 and some meth
Old 08-01-2008, 11:28 AM

so basically, get the slotted ones, unless you aren't planning on driving your car for 4-5 out of the 12 months.

btw... https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/showthread.php?t=125319

exactly. i had a set of cross drilled and slotted rotors and pads on ebay for my car i was gonna buy but that's all i've read online and hear from my mechanics at chevy and from anyone else. i've decided to just go with slotted rotors because even though you lose the benefit of havin them cross drilled you seem to have a bigger benefit here in mn with just slotted. if one blew out here you'd be screwed.

and you should do the supercharger

thanks for the link jeff. i'll have to order some soon
Old 08-01-2008, 12:00 PM

btw... https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/showthread.php?t=125319

Looks cool, id be worried If my 2.4l would last though. I don't see that your motor would last long with stock internals.
Old 08-01-2008, 12:03 PM

Arn't the supporting mods twice that cost or more? I don't see the 2.4l lasting more then 6 months with that. Its different if the motor was designed around Forced Induction. Just my 2 cents.
not really, aftermarket clutch and flywheel are about the same price. this isn't the 2.2. the 2.4 can handle quite a bit before i have would have to do headwork, pistons ect. Hahn racecraft has proven this time after time with their F/I applications on this engine (check their solstice)

there are quite a few 2.4 people on here that have done it corretly and haven't hand any problems. Beck has had his for almost a year (with an extensive mod list), over 10k miles and no problems. Celicacobalt has his turbo'd, pushing quite a bit and no problems. the people on here with F/I applications on their LE5 haven't had a problem with the engine or anything (now the tranny is a different story for us manual people ) i actually haven't heard of any LE5 blowing their engine, although i've heard quite a few LSJ's blowing the infamous #4. if its done right, there shouldn't be a problem. i'm not tryin for 350 hp here
Old 08-01-2008, 12:48 PM

are hawk rotors/pads seriously that good?? they are about even with pricing with what ced has.
The rotors are SpotTech and the pads are Hawk HPS.

So far they've worked out awesome.
Old 08-01-2008, 03:43 PM

not really, aftermarket clutch and flywheel are about the same price. this isn't the 2.2. the 2.4 can handle quite a bit before i have would have to do headwork, pistons ect. Hahn racecraft has proven this time after time with their F/I applications on this engine (check their solstice)

there are quite a few 2.4 people on here that have done it corretly and haven't hand any problems. Beck has had his for almost a year (with an extensive mod list), over 10k miles and no problems. Celicacobalt has his turbo'd, pushing quite a bit and no problems. the people on here with F/I applications on their LE5 haven't had a problem with the engine or anything (now the tranny is a different story for us manual people ) i actually haven't heard of any LE5 blowing their engine, although i've heard quite a few LSJ's blowing the infamous #4. if its done right, there shouldn't be a problem. i'm not tryin for 350 hp here
Good info.

Not trying for 350hp? Why not?
Old 08-01-2008, 04:38 PM

Good info.

Not trying for 350hp? Why not?
cuz then i'd have to start switchin out internals i could probably hit somewhere in that ballpark if i pushed 15-16psi like a stock lsj, but most of the le5 swappers push 8 due to the stock compression

i'm lookin with a 2.9, meth, 3in exhaust and maybe push 10psi (i believe that is still safe given the stock compression on these cars) to hopefully push 280whp

i think im dreamin big on this one too... but who knows
Old 08-02-2008, 11:37 AM

cuz then i'd have to start switchin out internals i could probably hit somewhere in that ballpark if i pushed 15-16psi like a stock lsj, but most of the le5 swappers push 8 due to the stock compression

i'm lookin with a 2.9, meth, 3in exhaust and maybe push 10psi (i believe that is still safe given the stock compression on these cars) to hopefully push 280whp

i think im dreamin big on this one too... but who knows
So what you think you can run in the 1/4 mile with that? mid to low 13s?
Old 08-02-2008, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by rallyracer
The rotors are SpotTech and the pads are Hawk HPS.

So far they've worked out awesome.
Nice.. yeah i just picked up the slightest "squeak" on my front right (and knowing full well that i need to do the brakes anyway) so i'm pretty much going to have to rder something this weekend/early week.

Q what should we be buying? the HPS? I've read good things about EBC (Green/Red stuff) should those be options?

it's like return of the dead the past week.
you know it

ALSO - SIDENOTE

Black SS. Tint. Debadged Rear. Eylids. Black painted bowties. Front liscence plate placement mod.

Anyone here?

Passed on Bunker Lake Blvd/Hwy 65 on Thursday.

Last edited by tygRacer; 08-02-2008 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-02-2008, 02:56 PM

I went with the Hawk HPS because I'd heard good thing about em and also they were part of the sale through THMotorSports.
Old 08-02-2008, 03:39 PM

met up with my cousin last night at a dodge meet and got to ride in his viper again

Last edited by 07SCCobaltSS; 08-02-2008 at 08:08 PM.

Quick Reply: Minnesota Balts 2008