North Central ND, SD, MN, and WI

Minnesota Balts

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 04:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
get a jack, a hacksaw, and some elbow grease and put that bad boy on yourself. You act like you've had a bad experience with doing things to your car by yourself.
Old 03-20-2007, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by portergraph
Just FYI tyg - my sig is somewhat, well, sarcastic - you sound like you're in the same boat as I was, looking at mods already - soon after buying it! If you're looking for Stg2, I myself wouldn't go through the dealer, just get GMPP parts from CED (Crate Engine Depot) although it sounds as if there's a backorder on it... my dealer quoted me over $1100 for Stg2 + installation.

Oh yea, was anyone on here driving north on 35W/65 (before downtown Mlps) in a red LS or LT, low pro wing, with a passenger this past Saturday around 5-6pm? I was headed to a reception in downtown Mlps and found myself driving next to them. Just curious. That was me in the silver... PS - NO stickers/decals on mine..
haha, well you got me on the sarcasm. lol. yeah i'm total stock.. but went to the dealer yesterday and he quoted me 200-300 for installation and said he could get the stage2 for 650 (then i told him i could find it cheaper and then he buckled and told me his price was 550) but the install is only 2-3 hour work at a dealer... we'll have to see.

and to add to your 2nd part. if you're downtown quite a bit.. keep your eyes open for the black ss/sc, fully upgraded from intake to exahust and everything between... including 20" spinners (just working on my sarcasim, how am i doing?) but yeah i'm down there quite a bit...
Old 03-20-2007, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by vtecduster
get a jack, a hacksaw, and some elbow grease and put that bad boy on yourself. You act like you've had a bad experience with doing things to your car by yourself.
i hate you
Old 03-21-2007, 09:30 AM
Banned

I finally getting a low pro wing for my car! I'm so excited to get it and have my BF put it on its gonna look bad ass! just thought I would let you all know!
Old 03-21-2007, 09:46 AM

eibach pros arrive today! w00t!
Old 03-21-2007, 10:20 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Chevgirl4
I finally getting a low pro wing for my car! I'm so excited to get it and have my BF put it on its gonna look bad ass! just thought I would let you all know!
sweet!! tell him im selling my bike so u dont have to worry about him dieing now using the money from the bike on my car so i can finally get what Ive been wanting for a long time now bc3tech u going to make it to the meet on the 7th? rep the procharger for smp then
Old 03-21-2007, 11:01 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 06_ion2
sweet!! tell him im selling my bike so u dont have to worry about him dieing now using the money from the bike on my car so i can finally get what Ive been wanting for a long time now bc3tech u going to make it to the meet on the 7th? rep the procharger for smp then

so you bought it drove it what like once and now your selling it... wow! I'm I probably wont go to the meet but we'll see.
Old 03-21-2007, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by tygRacer
haha, well you got me on the sarcasm. lol. yeah i'm total stock.. but went to the dealer yesterday and he quoted me 200-300 for installation and said he could get the stage2 for 650 (then i told him i could find it cheaper and then he buckled and told me his price was 550) but the install is only 2-3 hour work at a dealer... we'll have to see.

and to add to your 2nd part. if you're downtown quite a bit.. keep your eyes open for the black ss/sc, fully upgraded from intake to exahust and everything between... including 20" spinners (just working on my sarcasim, how am i doing?) but yeah i'm down there quite a bit...
Stg2 = 2 hours install (according to dealer install book, hold them to it)

had a reception at the USBank bldg at the Atlas Bar & Grill... and then proceeded to get lost trying to get out of downtown Mlps... long story... I hate downtown Mlps...

On another note, I got some of those Zex plugs and IMHO the car runs MUCH, MUCH smoother - just FYI for all of ya w/SSSC, you may want to try a set
Old 03-21-2007, 01:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Chevgirl4
so you bought it drove it what like once and now your selling it... wow! I'm I probably wont go to the meet but we'll see.
i know isn't that awesome maybe ur b/f will buy it already have 3 people coming to look at it this week maybe ill make money off of it
Old 03-21-2007, 01:43 PM

had a reception at the USBank bldg at the Atlas Bar & Grill... and then proceeded to get lost trying to get out of downtown Mlps... long story... I hate downtown Mlps...

On another note, I got some of those Zex plugs and IMHO the car runs MUCH, MUCH smoother - just FYI for all of ya w/SSSC, you may want to try a set
think they would do anything for us NA people? or are they plugs specific for you hoity toity super charged individuals

sorry, i had to do it because i saw and individual with an sc totally rip on us 2.4's for no apparent reason.
Old 03-21-2007, 02:04 PM

yeah i will when i'm ready to pull the trigger on that stage2. will any dealers let me but my own kit and then have them install? the one i was talking to wasn't too keen on the idea.

Mlps ALWAYS tends to produce long stories... lol. i, however, LOVE to drive down there. something about the lights off the wax. ha.
Old 03-21-2007, 02:36 PM

Hey everyone. I just figured out you're getting together April 7th and I'm really bummed that I'll be out of town! Make sure you pick a summer meeting date so I can make it!
Old 03-21-2007, 02:51 PM

my stage 2 kit finally arrived. I will be getting it installed tomorrow! Booooo for gm backorders. This weekend i will get my strut tower bar installed and my ingalls torque dampener. 3 mods in one week... I hope this doesnt turn into an addiction.

07 SS/SC w/LSD
Sunburst Orange Metallic
Old 03-21-2007, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by lijewski
I hope this doesnt turn into an addiction.
oh it will, oh yes, it WILL...
Old 03-21-2007, 05:22 PM

my stage 2 kit finally arrived. I will be getting it installed tomorrow! Booooo for gm backorders. This weekend i will get my strut tower bar installed and my ingalls torque dampener. 3 mods in one week... I hope this doesnt turn into an addiction.

07 SS/SC w/LSD
Sunburst Orange Metallic
were you able to order and then have a DEALER install? isn't that the only way that it's still under warranty if you have them do the work on the stg2? i was never really clear on this subject...

oh and the addiction thing... haha... i'm SURE it will. haha. i'm with porter on this one. aint it great? :
Old 03-21-2007, 05:27 PM

the CED GMPP products can't be refused (for warranty purposes) by the dealer as long as they install it, as they're certified GM parts - Stg2, GMPP Header and GMPP Touring catback installed by mine @ $80/hr - warranty honored (however it was their first time, special huh? - so it took them more like 7 hours, but only charged for 4)
Old 03-21-2007, 05:39 PM

the CED GMPP products can't be refused (for warranty purposes) by the dealer as long as they install it, as they're certified GM parts - Stg2, GMPP Header and GMPP Touring catback installed by mine @ $80/hr - warranty honored (however it was their first time, special huh? - so it took them more like 7 hours, but only charged for 4)
k cool so if i buy from cobaltaddiction or somewhere and bring in the GMPP parts they are supposed to be able to accept them? cause the dude i talked to was shaking his head and said "that would be like bringing your eggs into perkins and saying, can you cook these?" haha i thought it was funny and didn't have a good comeback cause i didn't know. but this is way up north in the sticks, so i might be better off checking with a city dealer anyway...
Old 03-21-2007, 05:55 PM

k cool so if i buy from cobaltaddiction or somewhere and bring in the GMPP parts they are supposed to be able to accept them? cause the dude i talked to was shaking his head and said "that would be like bringing your eggs into perkins and saying, can you cook these?" haha i thought it was funny and didn't have a good comeback cause i didn't know. but this is way up north in the sticks, so i might be better off checking with a city dealer anyway...
they just want to sell you the same thing with their markup - check w/some of the owners around the Cities and find out who their dealer is/was...
Old 03-21-2007, 06:01 PM

they just want to sell you the same thing with their markup - check w/some of the owners around the Cities and find out who their dealer is/was...
yeah i know. haha. i called him on it and he was like... "how can you get it for that cheap!?" and i said online.. and he gave me one of the "yah mean yah gots in-tur-net on yurs own?" looks. haha like i said it was in the sticks. the place only sells trucks and SUVS and this little rocket coming in and being sold was like a big dealer event. pretty funny actually...

yeah i'll have to look into anyone around these parts getting the stg2 and how they did it...
Old 03-22-2007, 10:19 AM

were you able to order and then have a DEALER install? isn't that the only way that it's still under warranty if you have them do the work on the stg2? i was never really clear on this subject...
:
I just ordered it from the dealer. My brother works at the dealer so i got a decent price on the kit.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:32 AM

I just ordered it from the dealer. My brother works at the dealer so i got a decent price on the kit.
nice brother. haha. the roseville dealer or no? i went there to look for the cobalt when i was looking to buy and the salesman was pretty short with me cause of the age factor... he "attempted" to locate one and said there wasn't one within 500 miles... but went to another dealer and had no probs at all... weird huh? but yeah when i go i think i'll check out to see who has done one before so it's not a first time deal for the shop.. keep it easy ya know?
Old 03-22-2007, 11:23 AM

^^I had mine installed at friendly chev in Fridley. If you bargain with them, the will charge you for 2.5 hours ($300). Yea it sucks, but they did a good job. Just make sure you don't do it on a weekend as they can't get the codes for the ECU flash. I guess GM HQ that handles that stuff is off on weekends.
Old 03-22-2007, 12:47 PM

my brother works at Merit chev off of 120 and 94... where my car currently is getting its stage 2. Will 5PM ever get here today? I cant wait!
Old 03-22-2007, 03:12 PM

i have a big box sitting in my room
Old 03-22-2007, 03:13 PM
Banned

Just curious as to what you guys do at your little get together anyways???

Quick Reply: Minnesota Balts