North Central ND, SD, MN, and WI

Minnesota tuning!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 10:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Minnesota tuning!!

My name is Ryan.
I am going to use this thread to set-up appointments and questions about tuning your car.

Some of you know that I tune cars. I've been tuning quite a few cars around town, and have quite a bit experience with these cars and tuning.
I am a Master Certified Technician, that pretty much runs a shop, and work about 60 hrs a week at my job, but I am still tuning cars on my off hours. I also do car repair/performance work out of my own house.

First thing first, don't believe everything you read on these forums. There is a lot of BS on here and weeding through the correct information is difficult. I have access to factory information and recommendations. I can get correct wiring diagrams, data and almost anything I need to get.

Second, HPT credits.. They cost $50 per credit and you need 2 credits to unlock your car, so expect to pay that upfront.

Third, if your car has issues before the tune, take care of them. Exhaust leaks, vacuum leaks, bad spark plugs, etc etc. Any of these things can seriously effect the tuning, the time it takes to tune and accuracy. My time is valuable and I expect these things to be taken care of before hand. Remember I am tuning your car not repairing it. I can not guarantee the accuracy of your tune if you show up with these problems, and it would be a waste of time to tune the car with these problems. IF we need to take care of these things while tuning see my rates below

Fourth. The tune doesn't magically change, if I tune your car and you randomly see a misfire, or car starts running any different. It more than likely is not the tune, and something else went wrong. Not everything will set a code either. If you tear your car down after the tune, and replace something and it magically starts running richer or leaner, either you put something together wrong or whatever you replaced was an issue before the tune and should have been repaired BEFORE the tune, take care of your car BEFORE hand.

Fifth, E85, 80's, supercharger swaps, etc etc are not always the easiest things to tune for expect them to take some time. Granted I have a few base maps to get in the ball park, each car is different and can take time to get things right.

Alright with this all being said. My new tuning rate starts at $40/hr. This is a lot less than my repair rate of $65/hr. A typical tune can be done in 2-3 hrs (injector swap/smaller pulley) so expect to be paying around $200-$250 for a tune. E85 has taken a little longer, but I am working on getting a few more maps together to keep that time down. I'm not trying to take the most time to get it done as I have plenty of other things to do also. But I am trying to get the best possible tune I can for you. IF you are doing injector swaps/e85 tunes and need me to drive to you, expect to be paying for at least my gas.

Re-tuning if you decide that you want to change intakes, exhaust, header. Something minor that can be done in a few minutes I don't mind touching up the tune for you. IF you want to swap pulleys, injectors, add meth, superchargers etc etc. my rate still applies.

IF you are still interested in getting a tune contact me here, or email me r.hammond14@yahoo.com
Once we are set-up I will give you my phone number.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:14 AM

Plus one. Ryan does a great job and is very detailed about his work. I'd suggest any one of you to him.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:21 AM

I have a lot to bolt on before I get a tune so its all done at once. Added email addy to my contacts list though for when I am ready.
Old 08-27-2012, 12:05 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I need to tune my SS/lnf badly!!! way too much torq early on 1st and 2nd gear. But it burns rich as its gmstage 1 w/ mods.... I have hpt all ready to go, just need to do it :/
Old 08-27-2012, 12:15 PM

Can you help tune my ms3, I have a stage 1 plus on it. But maybe I can unlock some more power with a better tune.
Old 08-27-2012, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by matt8478
Can you help tune my ms3, I have a stage 1 plus on it. But maybe I can unlock some more power with a better tune.
Short answer is no..
Old 08-27-2012, 12:24 PM

He only tunes gm
Old 08-27-2012, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by BankerBalt
He only tunes gm
Not exactly true, I have tuned honda's and subaru's also. but I don't have the software for that anymore and I leave that up to the guys that deal with them more.
Old 08-27-2012, 12:35 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not being a dick. But promoting while not being a vendor will get you into trouble. I don't even promote and get into trouble. So watch out man. Just looking out for yuh is all.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:48 PM

I dont think he has cobb access port race (or whatever the tuner version is, not canned) or cpe's piggy back.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:16 PM

good to know!
Old 08-27-2012, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by northvibe
I dont think he has cobb access port race (or whatever the tuner version is, not canned) or cpe's piggy back.
I have the cobb tuner, its mounted in my car.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Ryze
Short answer is no..
ALright thought I would check lol. Thank you.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:24 AM

Ryan is good ****. Knows his **** and is fair with pricing...gave me good rates for the work he did on my car.

Damn, I should have tuned with HPT first time around...oh well. It wouldn't be worth it right now to come to you for tuning since I've only added a 2.4 IM, changed the header and DP and will be adding an LSJ TB...I'll just pay for the update with Trifecta...HOWEVER....IF/WHEN I do go SC, I will come to you.

Off topic: Have you listed the IRL for sale yet? What's going on with that? I know you have the TVS for sale still.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:48 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Chevycobaltss3
Not being a dick. But promoting while not being a vendor will get you into trouble. I don't even promote and get into trouble. So watch out man. Just looking out for yuh is all.
Easiest way for him since so many cobalt people want tuning in MN. Plus he did put it in the MN section.

Ryan is a GREAT tuner. Ive referred 5 people to him with ALL great results.
Old 08-28-2012, 06:51 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yea, just trying to help out. All I know is if I say something with the hint of tune I am chased and stopped and said stop. Lol. Op if you need anything just ask I'm glad to help out
Old 08-28-2012, 09:31 AM

Hey guys. I'm getting rid of my HP Tuners as well as Greg Banish's training DVD. I saw this thread and thought someone in here may be looking for one or two of these items.

Take a look.

My FS thread
Old 08-28-2012, 09:37 AM

YES, just what i was looking for a Mn tuner that knows his ****.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by 007CobaltLS
Ryan is good ****. Knows his **** and is fair with pricing...gave me good rates for the work he did on my car.

Damn, I should have tuned with HPT first time around...oh well. It wouldn't be worth it right now to come to you for tuning since I've only added a 2.4 IM, changed the header and DP and will be adding an LSJ TB...I'll just pay for the update with Trifecta...HOWEVER....IF/WHEN I do go SC, I will come to you.

Off topic: Have you listed the IRL for sale yet? What's going on with that? I know you have the TVS for sale still.
tvs is sold
Old 08-28-2012, 10:38 AM

TVS is sold to a local IRL. Joe with a blue IRL. Car is all tuned and making some decent power.

I'm still working on the IRL, hoping to get it to a basic Stage 2 car with exhaust and get it up for sale soon. But I have a ION sitting at my house that broke a timing chain, and needs a head/timing set I gotta tackle that first. I'm really debating whether or not to actually pull the motor out of it or not to sell it. As it is a lot of work for maybe a not lot of return. If i could find someone locally who wants the built motor and willing to pay for it I'd be more interested but i'm not holding my breath on that.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:20 PM

Do you have the stock motor from the IRL? Didn't know you sold the TVS. Speaking of IRL, saw a nice blue one last week in St Paul on W 7th with tinted tails and a CF hood...not sure what else was done as he was a block and a half away turning off 7th and I was working so I couldn't chase him down.

Anyway...probably wouldn't be able to buy the car since I don't have cash and have bad credit....wish I would have offered you the cash last year when I had it for the Ion...if you would have actually sold it. Then I could have had some real fun...lol. I keep kicking myself for that since I had over $12k and I wasted most of it anyway.
Old 08-29-2012, 05:17 PM

Do you have the stock motor from the IRL? Didn't know you sold the TVS. Speaking of IRL, saw a nice blue one last week in St Paul on W 7th with tinted tails and a CF hood...not sure what else was done as he was a block and a half away turning off 7th and I was working so I couldn't chase him down.

Anyway...probably wouldn't be able to buy the car since I don't have cash and have bad credit....wish I would have offered you the cash last year when I had it for the Ion...if you would have actually sold it. Then I could have had some real fun...lol. I keep kicking myself for that since I had over $12k and I wasted most of it anyway.
yikes. the guy that owns that is extremley cocky when it comes to his IRL.

hes a bouncer at the bar i go to. the carbon fiber hood is cracked lol and the tails look like crap lol hes my buddies older brother.

those are my stomping grounds!

sorry for the off subject chat.
Old 08-30-2012, 01:12 AM

I have the cobb tuner, its mounted in my car.
Ya but which version? The basic one comes with a can tune, if you want to tune it manually the person doing that has to purchase a Cobb race or whatever it is
Old 08-30-2012, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by northvibe
Ya but which version? The basic one comes with a can tune, if you want to tune it manually the person doing that has to purchase a Cobb race or whatever it is
I have the cobb race on order as for now I have the basic one.