Official PA Chat and Meet thread - Page 372 - Cobalt SS Network



North East PA, NY, NJ, DE, MD, CT, RI, MA, NH, VT, and ME [regional map]

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-22-2016, 09:20 AM   #9276
Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: 01-26-16
Location: Montgomeryville, PA
Posts: 269
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tykuura
I can't imagine where these cars are at. I spotted like the third SS I've ever seen 2 weeks ago and now it was in the newspaper, totaled.

then again the furthest I've driven was an hour to the poconos.
You're from quakertown right? I pass through there sometimes. Seen a red lnf and a blue lsj.
ThePanduuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 06:36 PM   #9277
Member
 
Join Date: 12-01-13
Location: Youngstown, Ohio
Posts: 393
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Anyone around Hermitage? About an hour and a half south from Erie, and same distance west of Pittsburgh.
Chris06CobaltSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 11:46 PM   #9278
Member
 
Join Date: 08-18-13
Location: Lancaster, Pa
Posts: 237
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Saw a yellow LSJ when I was over in York today..in my wife's cobalt ls tho..also a few weeks ago ran into an SRT-4 on the highway and we ran..he was pretty quick! I owned one myself for years before the ss so I always wanted to see how the ss stacked up against like my old SRT-4..cool driver and was a good run 👍
beast124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 07:46 AM   #9279
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member
iTrader: (25)
 
Staged07SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-30-07
Location: NEPA
Posts: 14,322
Thanked 189 Times in 167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beast124 View Post
Saw a yellow LSJ when I was over in York today..in my wife's cobalt ls tho..also a few weeks ago ran into an SRT-4 on the highway and we ran..he was pretty quick! I owned one myself for years before the ss so I always wanted to see how the ss stacked up against like my old SRT-4..cool driver and was a good run 👍
Did u pull him??

I've been passing a red SRT-4 going in the opposite direction all summer. The kid always looks at me with the troll face.
Staged07SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 04:58 PM   #9280
Member
 
Join Date: 08-18-13
Location: Lancaster, Pa
Posts: 237
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staged07SS View Post
Did u pull him?? I've been passing a red SRT-4 going in the opposite direction all summer. The kid always looks at me with the troll face.
Yes the 2nd run I did only in 4th lmao..couldn't get him to slow down to really get him good in 2nd or 3rd..unfortunately for him I was on race gas and HOM on..he still shocked me and gave me a good run..I believe this one was red just like my old one..it was hard to tell on the dark part of the highway..one of my best kills was a Speed 3 modded over in York pa..ran him from a dig at a light and put several cars on him by the end of 2nd gear..he was pissed lol and I was only on 93 pump
beast124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 07:17 AM   #9281
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member
iTrader: (25)
 
Staged07SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-30-07
Location: NEPA
Posts: 14,322
Thanked 189 Times in 167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beast124 View Post
Yes the 2nd run I did only in 4th lmao..couldn't get him to slow down to really get him good in 2nd or 3rd..unfortunately for him I was on race gas and HOM on..he still shocked me and gave me a good run..I believe this one was red just like my old one..it was hard to tell on the dark part of the highway..one of my best kills was a Speed 3 modded over in York pa..ran him from a dig at a light and put several cars on him by the end of 2nd gear..he was pissed lol and I was only on 93 pump
Atta boy!
Staged07SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 05:54 PM   #9282
Member
 
Join Date: 08-18-13
Location: Lancaster, Pa
Posts: 237
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Saw a yellow LSJ over around Best Buy in York while in the wife's cobalt..it's nice to see some fellow LSJs in the area! Idk about u guys but this heat sucks for our cars! I do my driving at night and morning for 3rd shift..have a dual pass, working IC pump and still the heat just drags it down!
beast124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 02:48 PM   #9283
Senior Member
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: 12-20-09
Location: Elizabethville, Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,241
Thanked 97 Times in 84 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beast124 View Post
Saw a yellow LSJ over around Best Buy in York while in the wife's cobalt..it's nice to see some fellow LSJs in the area! Idk about u guys but this heat sucks for our cars! I do my driving at night and morning for 3rd shift..have a dual pass, working IC pump and still the heat just drags it down!
heat exchanger, meth and having the fans come on sooner will help you out too lol. heat does effing suck though man.
hawkssoccer11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 11:04 AM   #9284
Member
 
Join Date: 08-18-13
Location: Lancaster, Pa
Posts: 237
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Yes I need that meth and heat exchanger for sure..my race gas helps restore some power
beast124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 11:34 AM   #9285
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member
iTrader: (25)
 
Staged07SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-30-07
Location: NEPA
Posts: 14,322
Thanked 189 Times in 167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beast124 View Post
Yes I need that meth and heat exchanger for sure..my race gas helps restore some power
You don't need meth on a GMR S3 setup....

I rev'd to 7750rpm and my IAT2's always stayed in check. Even on hot days. Never did she pull timing due to heat.

Pick up a quality front mount or a griffin heat exchanger to run with your opt. b and dual pass endplate.

3 back to back dyno pulls showed how consistent my car was.
Staged07SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 09:06 PM   #9286
Member
 
Join Date: 08-18-13
Location: Lancaster, Pa
Posts: 237
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staged07SS View Post
You don't need meth on a GMR S3 setup.... I rev'd to 7750rpm and my IAT2's always stayed in check. Even on hot days. Never did she pull timing due to heat. Pick up a quality front mount or a griffin heat exchanger to run with your opt. b and dual pass endplate. 3 back to back dyno pulls showed how consistent my car was.
Thanks as always Jeff!! So like a stage 3 zzp I'm thinking? Just looking for cooling mods..the working IC pump really helps! Also wanna pulley down..also the HOM tune never kicks off like it used to for what it's worth
beast124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 02:15 PM   #9287
New Member
 
Join Date: 08-13-14
Location: Mansfield, PA
Posts: 69
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Finally have an SS

Hey folks. I've been on here for awhile with plans for an LNF SS to DD and replace my '03 Cavalier LSS. Ended up buying a 3rd car ( '00 Trans Am WS6 ) for play and kept the Cavy rolling. Finally I got some money around and decided to buy an affordable LSJ. It is a 2005 SOM SS with G85 pkg. Being G85 and orange sold me. The LSD and Recaro seats are awesome. I bought it from a guy in Erie P.A. on July 29th this year. It's been slightly problematic so far but it does feel smooth and nice. Had GMstg2, he put Sportline springs, longtube header/catless downpipe, Injen intake w/ AEM dry-flow, Jet MAF, black Depo headlamps, VIS carbon fiber hood, cheap crap poly mounts, and a SSBC brake kit on it. I suspect a aftermarket moonroof. It has a black mesh screen instead of a shade, and it closes automatically when open and shutting the engine off.

It needs a little work. I took it in for the ignition recall. I thought it was odd the P.O never had it done. He had removed the e-brake setup completely for the big brake kit. I want to reinstall an e-brake. The dealership claims they could not program the key fobs I ordered for it because the car does not have a keyless entry module factory… I find this hard to believe and paid for this diagnoses. I discovered the RPO code ( AU0 ) indicates RKE and I do not have that on my RPO sticker unfortunately. Guess I will need to find an aftermarket alternative. It also does not want to start early in the morning in the dew point, but cranks over perfectly fine in the day time. This is an annoying issue and i'm supposed to DD this. I did some research and found a thread of a gent having similar issues, turned out to be an engine block ground by the front trans mount, I’ll be looking into this. I still have my Cavalier but I want to sell it off here soon.

So far I have cleaned the throttle body,
double checked 'claimed' maintenance ( found 2 loose spark plugs and double checked gaps )needs a new intake filter, changed the fuel filter and cabin air filter. Car is running great when it runs now. That’s that. Here are some photos.

Bringing it home.
Name:  20160729_204330_zpswxsdpthj.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  219.3 KB
Name:  20160729_204256_zpsembwelui.jpg
Views: 2
Size:  175.2 KB

Name:  20160729_214135_zps7in0fd0h.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  167.7 KB

With my fun after-work driver.
Name:  20160803_182808_zpso3fsyfpc.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  228.9 KB
Name:  20160803_182739_zpsxlvr3bvy.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  250.5 KB

After I tinted it 20%.
Name:  20160816_195042_zpso0pved17.jpg
Views: 2
Size:  204.8 KB
Name:  20160816_195020_zpshtqmatyo.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  223.0 KB

That's it for now.
DarrenWS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 05:09 PM   #9288
New Member
 
Join Date: 11-01-15
Location: York, Pa
Posts: 15
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Beast, what color is your car?
ultrasilverSS06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 07:23 AM   #9289
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member
iTrader: (25)
 
Staged07SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-30-07
Location: NEPA
Posts: 14,322
Thanked 189 Times in 167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beast124 View Post
Thanks as always Jeff!! So like a stage 3 zzp I'm thinking? Just looking for cooling mods..the working IC pump really helps! Also wanna pulley down..also the HOM tune never kicks off like it used to for what it's worth
ZZP S3 should do the trick. I ran the OTTP gen 4 front mount.

Also, I'd honestly stick with the S3 76mm pulley. It will support 300+whp.
Staged07SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 01:19 AM   #9290
Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: 01-26-16
Location: Montgomeryville, PA
Posts: 269
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
EcotecNation meet at the Bethlehem Steel Stacks (101 Founders Way, Bethlehem, PA 18015) for anyone interested. People from NY and NJ coming as well. Starts at 2pm runs till whenever. More information on Facebook (EcotecNation: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1566890873592898/). Photoshoot in front of the stacks!
ThePanduuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 11:29 AM   #9291
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Tykuura's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-23-15
Location: bloomsburg, PA
Posts: 222
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Figured I'd post here to see if I can get anyone else.


Cars and Coffee in Bethlehem is next sunday 4/23, we're grouping up as many ecotecs as possible to meet before the show and roll in together and line up in the main lot. anyone on here that's able to come please do so.


we have a post on the Eastern PA Ecotecs FB page if you want to see who's coming or see when/where we're meeting.
Tykuura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 07:33 PM   #9292
Member
 
Cobalt_noob's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-15
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 220
Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tykuura View Post
Figured I'd post here to see if I can get anyone else.


Cars and Coffee in Bethlehem is next sunday 4/23, we're grouping up as many ecotecs as possible to meet before the show and roll in together and line up in the main lot. anyone on here that's able to come please do so.


we have a post on the Eastern PA Ecotecs FB page if you want to see who's coming or see when/where we're meeting.
man if my car wasn't down at the moment id head out that way. take some pics and post if you get a chance
Cobalt_noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 08:02 PM   #9293
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Tykuura's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-23-15
Location: bloomsburg, PA
Posts: 222
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt_noob View Post
man if my car wasn't down at the moment id head out that way. take some pics and post if you get a chance
Well some cobalts and a redline showed up. I decided not to take mine cause it was so damn cold. to think i washed it the day before too..


here's what ecotecs showed up:








was a good event. The majority of cars by far were corvettes. GM seemed to steal the show this time. Hopefully getting a bigger group for the next show (and communicating enough for us all to line up)





Tykuura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 12:12 PM   #9294
Member
 
Cobalt_noob's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-15
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 220
Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
badass!

Let me know when you guys decide to do another one, ill have to swing up there and join in!

Thanks for the pics!
Cobalt_noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 06:40 PM   #9295
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Tykuura's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-23-15
Location: bloomsburg, PA
Posts: 222
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt_noob View Post
badass!

Let me know when you guys decide to do another one, ill have to swing up there and join in!

Thanks for the pics!
next show is May 21 or 23 (whichever is Sunday), and I know more are going than before. probably meeting 6:30 and rolling in to get spots. of course we have to save a few for the lazy folks showing up at 8
Tykuura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 04:09 PM   #9296
New Member
 
Join Date: 11-01-15
Location: York, Pa
Posts: 15
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Spotted today a red ss on leader heights Rd in York. It is lowered, wingless and has the Evo mod.
ultrasilverSS06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 08:46 PM   #9297
Senior Member
 
CobaltSS313's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-03-05
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,929
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
anyone on here from the uniontown, fayette county area?
CobaltSS313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 08:49 PM   #9298
Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: 01-26-16
Location: Montgomeryville, PA
Posts: 269
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobaltSS313
anyone on here from the uniontown, fayette county area?
Mongorat, royce777 are from Pitt as well. Mongo is a great parts source. I'll be moving to Erie soon so I'll be a little closer to Pitt, currently around Philadelphia area.
ThePanduuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 07:51 AM   #9299
Junior Member
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: 03-27-11
Location: butler,pa
Posts: 479
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
..

I drove by an accident Saturday. At 422/68 exit in Butler, near Pittsburgh. There was a dark blue SS with black hood, it looked like it had side damage. : (. Anyone from this site?
cw383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 08:29 AM   #9300
Member
 
Cobalt_noob's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-15
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 220
Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobaltSS313 View Post
anyone on here from the uniontown, fayette county area?
Im right in Belle Vernon! Right down 51 from ya!
Cobalt_noob is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New steering rack Solaris99 08-10 SS Turbocharged General Discussion 28 03-15-2017 01:22 PM
Akron/Canton Cobalt Meet 06MetallicBalt Mid East 7 06-14-2016 02:17 PM
2.6 or 2.7 Builttss 2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 9 10-04-2015 10:21 AM
October FCOTM VOTING Thread riceburner Featured Car Showcase 23 10-02-2015 05:47 PM
MSU Annual Cider Mill Cruise jrocstar Mid East 2 09-26-2015 11:42 PM


Tags
#cobalthoes, brian is slow and drives a banana, brian uses my old wheels to get girls, dakota is a ricer, tag, tags, yes we are

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:44 AM.