North Pacific WA and OR

Back to the dealership

Old 07-17-2007, 10:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Back to the dealership

OMG im so sleepy right now the damn next door neighbors were playing music at like midnight and they tried playing ding dong ditch at like 2:30 in the morning but i had my 3 million candlewatt flood lamp and shot it in their eyes before they ran away lol its funny how 15 year olds talk lound when they are planning lol.

but anyways going to the dealership in like 40 mins to get my oil change done again and see if they can find the ticking noise that has gotten worse since my last oil change. if they can't find it im gonna have to call the GM Warranty peeps becauese i dropped the car off 2 times prior than today for that noise and the first time he blamed it on the injectors and it was "normal" yea not that loud im sure you could hear it from like 40 feet away over my stereo. then the second time was last week they had it for 2 days and drove it for 10 miles and heard it and said it could be the injectors, a lifter, a valve, a rod, an exhaust leak, etc. then they blamed it on my oil filter but they just changed it 2 months ago wtf? hmmmm so they said come back for an oil change when its time and i said it will be time in 100 miles do it early since you guys had the car for 3 days you could have done it. but no now i got to drive back and do it this morning im gonna say it will take 2 hours last time it took 3.

well im going to go eat. then off to friendly Chevrolet
good luck to me if the ticking noise is still there im going to be pissed and i can say it now i might only have my balt until 2009 want to trade it in for the New camaro lol gonna call it bumble bee
Old 07-17-2007, 11:13 AM

I still have my ticking,its been in for all of the above several times and I still have so I'm just living with it.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by g5mike
I still have my ticking,its been in for all of the above several times and I still have so I'm just living with it.
I see how loud would you say it ticks cuz i can hear mine over my stereo with the windows up and a guy stoped me at a red light and told me my car was ticking over his big disel truck lol i think that is very unnormal lol

but yea i got back from the dealer ship and they did the oil change and the noise got worse lol they now blamed it on the Exhaust gaskets so they ordered me a new set and when they come in i will drop it off and get my rental lol lol free warranty work i still think that there is more than meets the eye on this ticking noise lol
Old 07-17-2007, 06:57 PM

Yours is definetly louder than mine,but they should really take a good look at your head and just replace it
Old 07-17-2007, 07:06 PM

i don't have a ticking but if i get on the gas and then left off i have a kinda cracking noise from the back end its strange at first i thought it was back pressing but its not from the muffler any ideas?
Old 07-17-2007, 09:21 PM

where do you notice the sound coming from?
Old 07-17-2007, 10:26 PM

backend some where i cant pin point it its all most some thing tourqing off the line but it cant be i'm bone stock its not like i'm pushing a lot of power
Old 07-18-2007, 12:11 AM

i'll check on SI see if i can find any bulletins or PIs that sounds weird! you say its a ticking noise at luanch......right?
Old 07-18-2007, 12:20 AM

not at launch after i let of of a high rev
Old 07-18-2007, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by g5mike
Yours is definetly louder than mine,but they should really take a good look at your head and just replace it
they said they did and the replaced the head gasket alerady i think its a lifter or a valve that is rubbing to hard.

lol wow durring cold starts mine is much louder and it goes away after it warms up then it comes back when i start accelerating only in 1st 2nd and sometimes 3rd

lol im waiting lol i can't take it any where else to get it looked at because they all tell me the same thing who worked on it take it back to them we can't touch it some kind of liability legal matters and all this good stuff. lol i will give them 1 to 2 more tries then bam calling in the warranty

Last edited by Master Chief; 07-18-2007 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-18-2007, 10:37 AM

If you want to be done with it,drain out some oil(keep some extra on you)go for a spin and burn out the top half.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:13 PM

ok so far i have found a PI for a ticking and low oil pressure light here it is

Condition/Concern:
On rare occasions, a low oil pressure light may be experienced shortly after an oil change due to a damaged oil filter.

Recommendation/Instructions:
If this is encountered, remove the oil filter and inspect the filter nipple that seats in the oil filter housing portion of the engine block as shown below. If the oil filter nipple is damaged, mis-positioned, or crushed, replace the oil filter with an OEM oil filter and evaluate the concern.

check your oil filter for damage basically

Last edited by Sleepyguy; 07-18-2007 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-18-2007, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Sleepyguy
ok so far i have found a PI for a ticking and low oil pressure light here it is

Condition/Concern:
On rare occasions, a low oil pressure light may be experienced shortly after an oil change due to a damaged oil filter.

Recommendation/Instructions:
If this is encountered, remove the oil filter and inspect the filter nipple that seats in the oil filter housing portion of the engine block as shown below. If the oil filter nipple is damaged, mis-positioned, or crushed, replace the oil filter with an OEM oil filter and evaluate the concern.

check your oil filter for damage basically

well that won't help me because i cheked it and the dealer checked it and they said it is the exhaust gasket so when that comes in we will see what the noise is lol
Old 07-19-2007, 12:49 AM

i have never heard of a ticking noise coming from the exhaust gasket.......it would be an exhaust leak the exhaust would be loud coming from the gasket... Unless it going be normal valve tick and since the exhaust gasket is leaking you can hear the tick better....You should have them do a cylinder leak down test......see if the valve guides are sealing properly.