Over The Top Performance Over The Top Performance is a supporting vendor.
Contacts: fast98 ; lsjwannabe

New Rotated Trans Mounts

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 12:24 PM
Former Vendor

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
New Rotated Trans Mounts

These new mounts rotate the engine and trans to align the axles. This does two things, it eliminates wheel hop and it helps your axles/trans case survive. Unlike poly mounts these are far less harsh. You will have 3 options when ordering.

Stage 1 will use a rotated front mount with a spacer under the stock rear mount. This is for sub 300whp cars. There will be no vibrations from the mounts.

Stage 2 will be the same as stage 1 but it will use a lnf rear mount with spacer inplace of the lsj mount.

stage 3 will use both a front and back rotated mount setup and still use the spacer. This is for the avid drag racer, these will have slightly more vibration then stock but nothing close to poly.

Pricing

stage 1.
stage 2.
stage 3.

There will also be a core charge on these of $100 a mount. These have to be sold installed as shown because the mounts are precisely clocked.

Rear mount

Both mounts with spacer

Both mounts with spacer under mount

These will be ready to ship for NOV.24

Last edited by Josh@ottp; 02-17-2009 at 11:12 PM.
Old 11-15-2008, 12:28 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
i dont get it my polys rock.
Old 11-15-2008, 12:31 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mkulrey13
no more vibes and you wont have to worry about axles as much
Old 11-15-2008, 12:32 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by mkulrey13
Polys don't fix the problem. By rotating the engine you eliminate wheel hop and by using rubber you don't get the bad vibrations that poly has.
Old 11-15-2008, 12:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
so i dont get where they mount to. the 3 triangle pattern
Old 11-15-2008, 12:42 PM

so if I don't have mounts that I can send to you and want the stage 3 then you are talking about 600 before tax right?
Old 11-15-2008, 12:44 PM

I've had these mounts in my car for a months now, and no other traction modification out there can compair to them. At my shop I now have a nice big circle laid out rubber that I'm quite proud of and I know for a fact would not be possible without them. Having been modifing my '04 Redline since well before the majority of people had any idea it existed, I've tried just about everything, so, I know far better than most what is out there and how well it works. This is the BEST solution to wheel hop out there. Hands down. It should be, as these cars are the guys GM had address the problem on the Cobalt Cup Race cars, afterall. John's knowledge and Josh's backing make for a easy buy from a great group of guys.

Thus my rating is A+
Old 11-15-2008, 12:46 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Dead Zen
so i dont get where they mount to. the 3 triangle pattern
The pictures show the rotated mounts inside of the stock aluminum mounting brackets. The bolt up just like stock because they are stock brackets
Originally Posted by Deathscythe
so if I don't have mounts that I can send to you and want the stage 3 then you are talking about 600 before tax right?
Yes sir, but once you take off your stock ones you just send them in and get refunded.
Old 11-15-2008, 12:53 PM

here is a vid of the mounts installed with a 4k launch on 235 wide tires, had i still been using my poli mounts i would most likely have broken something at my power levels.
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/w...ion_199247.htm
Old 11-15-2008, 12:58 PM

so your using front lower control arm bushings in the mount and the only real difference is the spacer?

so really the guys with poly just need the spacer? correct?
Old 11-15-2008, 01:00 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
no the mounts are offset.... ditch the poly... I got my set last week, just don't have time to install sine I have to take a bunch of **** out of the way to get to the rear mount
Old 11-15-2008, 01:05 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by crazybrew609
so your using front lower control arm bushings in the mount and the only real difference is the spacer?

No if you look closely at the pics you will see that the control arm bushing is offset in the mount.
Old 11-15-2008, 01:08 PM

ok say i have a press and can rotate the mount my self, then all i would need is the spacer for the rear mount?
Old 11-15-2008, 01:08 PM

you guys keep coming out with new stuff that actually works. I'll wait for these to come out and it should be awesome if they actually cut down on the vibes throughout the car. Paul, you need to hurry up and tell me about these so I can get a set next month.
Old 11-15-2008, 01:09 PM

if you look at the mounts like everyone said the spacer in the middle is not centered it's offset, what it does is rotates the tranny and motor so the differential is better aligned with the wheel hub. another great thing about these is the vibrations inside the car are significantly reduced from the poli mounts. i have run both.
Old 11-15-2008, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by 06blackg85ss
no the mounts are offset.... ditch the poly... I got my set last week, just don't have time to install sine I have to take a bunch of **** out of the way to get to the rear mount
so your the one john sent the mounts to before me, u bastard ha
Old 11-15-2008, 01:12 PM

ahhhhh ok i see now so the front one is off set... so your only doing the 2 mounts.. the top mount doesn't get affected by the movement?

it worries about the amount of power those lower control arm bushings can handle... i see those things break everyday at work

but the kit deff looks pretty well made.. 300+ tho seems a little steep but deff seems to be something useful for sure
Old 11-15-2008, 01:20 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Received 265 Likes on 182 Posts
So Josh, do these work well with lowered cars?
I assume the stage 3 are for those of us with heavily modified cars?
Old 11-15-2008, 01:27 PM

Received 263 Likes on 222 Posts
so with stage 1 is it just a front mount and the spacer for the rear mount??? what is the difference between an lsj rear mount and an lnf mount??? i do like the fact that your using a smaller solid rubber bushing instead of poly. is that actualy a control arm bushing??? if so i guess that works great as if its ever damaged the bushing isnt hard to get.

ive been loking at rotating the engine by building different mount brackets, i never thought of doing it this way as i dont have the machining capabilities to do that. my only concern is what about the upper mounts??? will the upper engine mount and tranny mount survive being twisted??? what about aftermarket upper mounts??? with a urethane upper mount unable to twist, it this going to put too much stress on the mount brakets or the tranny case???

one other question, how much difference does this make with the height of the axle off a given point??? im interested to know how much closer my driveline angle will be to what it was stock.

it worries about the amount of power those lower control arm bushings can handle... i see those things break everyday at work
i myself arent concerned about the bushings breaking. ive used controll arm bushings for mounts before. in this application the bushing always have a load across the whole bushing. in a controll arm they have a lot of twisting forces on them and thats why they rip.

Last edited by Sharkey; 11-15-2008 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-15-2008, 01:30 PM

Too much $. I'll stick with my polys.
Old 11-15-2008, 01:31 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Sharkey
so with stage 1 is it just a front mount and the spacer for the rear mount??? what is the difference between an lsj rear mount and an lnf mount??? i do like the fact that your using a smaller solid rubber bushing instead of poly. is that actualy a control arm bushing??? if so i guess that works great as if its ever damaged the bushing isnt hard to get.

ive been loking at rotating the engine by building different mount brackets, i never thought of doing it this way as i dont have the machining capabilities to do that. my only concern is what about the upper mounts??? will the upper engine mount and tranny mount survive being twisted??? what about aftermarket upper mounts??? with a urethane upper mount unable to twist, it this going to put too much stress on the mount brakets or the tranny case???

one other question, how much difference does this make with the height of the axle off a given point??? im interested to know how much closer my driveline angle will be to what it was stock.
Yes they are brand new control arm bushings and they are very durable. Also as you stated they are easy to get and replace. The lnf mount is just a little firmer then the lsj, it helps transfer power on the high HP cars. The upper trans mount is very lose and has no problem twisting anywhere, the upper engine mount also has room to move but not as much as the upper trans. You will not want to run a poly upper with this setup, it's simply not needed. The driveline angle is now straight with these mounts, the only movement you will see it that the engine is slightly closer to the firewall.
Old 11-15-2008, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by uwishuhdmyecotec
ok say i have a press and can rotate the mount my self, then all i would need is the spacer for the rear mount?
amazing. anybody can copy stuff. I wont tell you the clock, figure it out yourself, you can watercut a keyhole spacer if you want, hell you can grind the s**t out of your mount so you dont nned to , it wont matter until it breaks, and the bushings are not sold by GM as a separate part. We use a jig to replicate the job. It is always possible to jap this stuff that is the road to hell. Go ahead. and when you screw it up you can post here, and if it doesn't screw up you can give yourself a big old pat on the back...and buy a toyota.
Old 11-15-2008, 01:33 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Smarty Art
Too much $. I'll stick with my polys.
These really aren't that bad. They are bolt in, you can do it in your driveway and don't have to take it somewhere. You also don't have to buy any other traction mods.
Old 11-15-2008, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Sharkey

i myself arent concerned about the bushings breaking. ive used controll arm bushings for mounts before. in this application the bushing always have a load across the whole bushing. in a controll arm they have a lot of twisting forces on them and thats why they rip.
sharkey is right. the lfca goes up and down and in and out kinda like Darmanx on a good night and the axle solution is almost perfect....if it was not it would not work, kinda like poly mounts sold by others...
Old 11-15-2008, 01:35 PM

Fast, I threw you a PM.. Cobalt 2.4's?

Quick Reply: New Rotated Trans Mounts