Over The Top Performance Over The Top Performance is a supporting vendor.
Contacts: fast98 ; lsjwannabe

New Rotated Trans Mounts

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 04:02 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nothing wrong w/ a little vibration

------

Do you guys plan on offering the entire front and rear mount assembly?

Unfortunately I can't go a day w/o driving the car. So taking off my mounts and sending them in isn't an option for me...
Old 11-15-2008, 04:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Area47
get some subs. they like that too
Got two 12's in the trunk, but I can't hear it all that well with the 3" exhaust and the mounts. I'm adding some sound deadening inside the car to hear the music better.

Originally Posted by Steven Flit
Nothing wrong w/ a little vibration

------

Do you guys plan on offering the entire front and rear mount assembly?

Unfortunately I can't go a day w/o driving the car. So taking off my mounts and sending them in isn't an option for me...
I don't complain about a little vibes, but what I had was insane.

As for the mounts, they'll send you a set to trade out but you'll have to give them an extra 100 per mount before they get yours back and they'll refund upon receipt of your old ones.

Last edited by Deathscythe; 11-15-2008 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-15-2008, 05:06 PM
Banned

gotcha
Old 11-15-2008, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Deathscythe
Got two 12's in the trunk, but I can't hear it all that well with the 3" exhaust and the mounts. I'm adding some sound deadening inside the car to hear the music better.

I don't complain about a little vibes, but what I had was insane.

As for the mounts, they'll send you a set to trade out but you'll have to give them an extra 100 per mount before they get yours back and they'll refund upon receipt of your old ones.
I m with you on the vibes. when i set out to eliminate them i firts stuck on the Grand Am race mounts we do, as i know they work, but you know how it is in a race car you never pay attention. So i put them on my dd redline, started up horrendous vibes backed out of the shop, took off in first gear, looked in the mirror and all i could see was a shaking mirror. it was awful. I stopped made a U turn back to the shop took them off. A week later , the result is what we are selling through OTTP it works and the vibes are gone.

I laugh when i hear "the poly mounts break in and the vibes get better" cause what it means is the poly immediately wears out and lets the motor move. In another way, poly mounts are no better than the insane poly flca suspension bushings. Redonkulous.
Old 11-15-2008, 05:22 PM

I have to say that I believed that they would somewhat break in and calm down. Of course that didn't happen, and I am surprised I didn't have any fillings fall out. I do believe you guys and in these mounts that they will be all you say.
Old 11-15-2008, 07:37 PM
RBC

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Sharkey
i may have missed this , but what exactly comes with the stage 1 and 2 kit??? is stage 1 just the front mount and the rear spacer (no rear mount)??? is stage 2 the front mount, rear spacer and lnf mount insert??? is the core charge included in the price or is that over and above???
I really hope the core is in the total price, the price is absurd. Pay to play is one thing, pay because you don't know any better is another. Maybe I don't under stand what you are getting here, but it seems you are paying $325+ for a insert and spacer? If the handling and installation of the inserts and mounts are driving the price up make a paper template with instructions and a mark on the insert so it can be aligned and call it a day.

Originally Posted by qwikredline
I laugh when i hear "the poly mounts break in and the vibes get better" cause what it means is the poly immediately wears out and lets the motor move. In another way, poly mounts are no better than the insane poly flca suspension bushings. Redonkulous.
When the poly mounts heat up they become softer and the vibes are less, hints why there are more vibes in the winter. I think people just get used to them for the most part. To say that they wear out every time is just not true. I am sure that happens in some cases but thats with anything. I checked mine after a year of use, pulled the mounts out wiped them off and they looked like new. I will admit the vibes are quit a bit more than stock, but I suppose I got used to them and it didn't really bother me.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:52 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Received 265 Likes on 182 Posts
Originally Posted by uwishuhdmyecotec
i think you should buy a smaller pulley
Originally Posted by qwikredline
...... At the end of the day they did not not do it, your fortune is that Josh at OTTP is selling the solution and it will most likely work for you with a Harrop.
If all goes well tomorrow, we reconnect the meth this coming week and then pully down as I have bought both a 75 & 70 from Josh.
Old 11-16-2008, 12:34 AM
Former Vendor

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by RBC
I really hope the core is in the total price, the price is absurd. Pay to play is one thing, pay because you don't know any better is another. Maybe I don't under stand what you are getting here, but it seems you are paying $325+ for a insert and spacer? If the handling and installation of the inserts and mounts are driving the price up make a paper template with instructions and a mark on the insert so it can be aligned and call it a day.

When the poly mounts heat up they become softer and the vibes are less, hints why there are more vibes in the winter. I think people just get used to them for the most part. To say that they wear out every time is just not true. I am sure that happens in some cases but thats with anything. I checked mine after a year of use, pulled the mounts out wiped them off and they looked like new. I will admit the vibes are quit a bit more than stock, but I suppose I got used to them and it didn't really bother me.

The $325 doesn't include the core charge. Also you realize you are telling the guy who built the time attack cobalts for gm about poly right?
Old 11-16-2008, 01:29 AM
Haz l33t wheelz.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
fast, i'll be getting these eventually. guess it's time to look for a buyer for my brand new poly's and TTR upper.
Old 11-16-2008, 02:10 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by RBC
Maybe I don't under stand what you are getting here, but it seems you are paying $325+ for a insert and spacer?
No, you are also paying for the research and developement (R&D).

Why should a vendor develop a solution to a problem, and not receive remuneration?
Old 11-16-2008, 02:10 AM

Received 263 Likes on 222 Posts
im real interested in the product, but i wont be ordering. i cant justify the cost of it for what i get, even if it does take away all the vibes.
Old 11-16-2008, 02:35 AM
Banned

im real interested in the product, but i wont be ordering. i cant justify the cost of it for what i get, even if it does take away all the vibes.
Ahh, that is the real problem with online merchandising. Why can't you justify the cost? Are you saying that wheel hop is not a problem?, Or are you saying that you want a hot setup that solves the problem, and that doesn't cost you too much money! If the later is the reason, then go for poly mounts. Cheap'n'cheerful.

But if you want an engineered solution, it will cost to a degree. Nothing in life is free, unless it is worthless to begin with.
Old 11-16-2008, 03:30 AM

i already have poly mounts and a torque damper, i dont get much wheel hop, i dont currently race (will be next year). what im after is getting rid of the vibrations caused by the driveline angle.

i have fabrication skills and a welder. im able to make my own mounts. for me its having the time to pull them out and design a mount. keeping in mind that im in canda, right now the stage 1 kit will cost be $425-$450 by the time i have it in my hands. thats a lot for one mount and a spacer. if these mounts were more affordable id jump right at it and order them. instead ill continue with what i was designing, fab them up and put them in and have my own custom set of mounts that will do the same job, most likley for around $50 or less in materials.

yes speed does cost, but the begining of hot-rodding was guys working in their garage fabricating their own components, making things work that had no hope of "bolting in".
Old 11-16-2008, 03:31 AM
Haz l33t wheelz.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
this is the wheel hop answer we have all been looking for, designed and proven by the guy that built the time-attack cars. IT WORKS, end of story.

like area said, you gotta pay to play, don't whine about it.
Old 11-16-2008, 03:58 AM

im not whining. i know these guys make a lot of great products, props to them for that. i dont doubt that these mounts work, but for the cost of them, i can build something myself, as i was planning to (i started looking into this about 6 months ago, just no time), and it will work just as well. money i save here can better be put towards stuff i cant build. thats the reason i built my own exhaust, strut tower brace, and have plans for my own lower subframe brace.
Old 11-16-2008, 08:31 AM

for those that don't believe that they work, take a look at jimbo's ss video on streetfire.net. It clearly shows lack of wheel hop at all. I will be getting a set of them, the stage 3 at that, because I can tell that they work.
Old 11-16-2008, 10:50 AM
Former Vendor

i already have poly mounts and a torque damper, i dont get much wheel hop, i dont currently race (will be next year). what im after is getting rid of the vibrations caused by the driveline angle.

i have fabrication skills and a welder. im able to make my own mounts. for me its having the time to pull them out and design a mount. keeping in mind that im in canda, right now the stage 1 kit will cost be $425-$450 by the time i have it in my hands. thats a lot for one mount and a spacer. if these mounts were more affordable id jump right at it and order them. instead ill continue with what i was designing, fab them up and put them in and have my own custom set of mounts that will do the same job, most likley for around $50 or less in materials.

yes speed does cost, but the begining of hot-rodding was guys working in their garage fabricating their own components, making things work that had no hope of "bolting in".
Sharkey I can have them shipped to you from our canada friends for ~$350, correct me if I'm wrong but when a canadian ships to a canadian there is no fee's.
Old 11-16-2008, 11:48 AM
RBC

Originally Posted by fast98
The $325 doesn't include the core charge. Also you realize you are telling the guy who built the time attack cobalts for gm about poly right?
What does the time attack cobalt have to do with what I said? I just explained that most people just get use to them and think they are "breaking in" Also that mine were pulled out and they did not just break apart they still looked new. I wasn't trying to teach somebody a lesion and challenge what they know.

Originally Posted by Dave7417
No, you are also paying for the research and developement (R&D).

Why should a vendor develop a solution to a problem, and not receive remuneration?
Nobody is asking them to give them away. If it was a an entire machined mount thats one thing, but they are using a stock mount and popping in a new bushing and giving a spacers. Do you not thing there were any research in the other mounts? The research cost should be a small part of the overall cost of the piece. This is why I asked if I did not understand what all came with the mount, not that I wanted them to start giving them away. I am not trying to start trouble for or with this vendor, I just don't want to pay more than something is worth. If that is all you get IMO that is not worth it. I am not a cheap/poor bastard by any means. This may also be something that would higher up on the list of the JSJ guys over the LNF guys. I have 0 wheel hop in the TC.
Old 11-16-2008, 12:15 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Received 265 Likes on 182 Posts
I already have all of the solid mounts in my DD (mounts soon for sale). I will be pulling these out and installing the rotated mounts once I received them. Right now I get zero wheel hop, so why am I changing them?
I want the added security for when I am at the track next year. I want to minimise the possibility of damage to my axles and transmission. The cost of these mounts vs the cost of a new transaxle makes this a no brainer to me.
Then again, what do I know?
Old 11-16-2008, 12:21 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by RBC
What does the time attack cobalt have to do with what I said? I just explained that most people just get use to them and think they are "breaking in" Also that mine were pulled out and they did not just break apart they still looked new. I wasn't trying to teach somebody a lesion and challenge what they know.

Nobody is asking them to give them away. If it was a an entire machined mount thats one thing, but they are using a stock mount and popping in a new bushing and giving a spacers. Do you not thing there were any research in the other mounts? The research cost should be a small part of the overall cost of the piece. This is why I asked if I did not understand what all came with the mount, not that I wanted them to start giving them away. I am not trying to start trouble for or with this vendor, I just don't want to pay more than something is worth. If that is all you get IMO that is not worth it. I am not a cheap/poor bastard by any means. This may also be something that would higher up on the list of the JSJ guys over the LNF guys. I have 0 wheel hop in the TC.

Lol if you get zero hop then I can see why you don't want to buy them, I wouldn't either.
Old 11-16-2008, 01:07 PM

Sharkey I can have them shipped to you from our canada friends for ~$350, correct me if I'm wrong but when a canadian ships to a canadian there is no fee's.

if its being shipping within canada there is no taxes, however when they cross the border you have to pay gst and pst (general sales tax or 5%, provincial sales tax, it varrier but were i am its 7%). we are lucky that car parts have no duty charges on top of that. keep in mind that the canadian dollar has taken a dump (back down to $0.80 us). if i do decide to order them, ill have to wait till the dollar is better.
Old 11-16-2008, 03:37 PM
RBC

Lol if you get zero hop then I can see why you don't want to buy them, I wouldn't either.
i don't think wheel hop is a big deal to any of the LNF cobalt's but I could be mistaken. I would however like to stiffen up the engine so it doesn't move as much, but I am not sure I want to go back to the vibes in something i am going to be carrying a newborn in.
Old 11-16-2008, 04:22 PM
Banned

I'd like to see a modified front mount next to a stock front mount - I couldn't tell the difference. Also, I have an 04, I'm guessing a solution for those doesn't exist yet since those mounts looked like the 05+?

For the top tier, I'm assuming that once we send you our stock mounts it only comes out to $400 +SH, yes? 500 initially then we send you our front and get a $100 refund?

Originally Posted by Deathscythe
for those that don't believe that they work, take a look at jimbo's ss video on streetfire.net. It clearly shows lack of wheel hop at all. I will be getting a set of them, the stage 3 at that, because I can tell that they work.
It clearly sounded like it WAS hopping. >_>

The other thing that the poly bushings did was make shifting a lot firmer because the transmission didn't move when you engage the clutch. Going back to stock bushings (even in a rotated transmission) means it will be sloppy shifting again, yes?

Lastly, are you actually making the front mounts from scratch or just machining the stock ones? The price sounds high if the latter is the case ($400 for some machining, a small spacer and stock bushings?). Some may say "well what about the R&D costs?" - John said they were developed inside a week. I can't imagine he spent THAT much in a week unless he went on a bender of coke and hookers, besides, if the product really works, it'll sell in volume, so you can afford to reduce your profit margin. Having another new, even more expensive product in a long line of products 'that are guaranteed to stop hop' smells funny when you could clearly hear the wheels hopping in that video.

The reaction to this seems like the generic bandwagon mentality I've seen with every other hop reduction product. When I was stock I looked into the torque dampeners and traction bars, and everyone I asked said 'Oh these are awesome and stop hop, use them!' but it didn't stop it. Then I looked into poly bushings and a solid motor mount and everyone I asked about those said 'Oh these are awesome and stop hop more than dampers, use them instead!' except they didn't, and now everyone in this thread is running around shouting 'Oh those were crap and don't work, but these do, honest!' and while John knows more about these transmissions than most anyone else, it sounds really sketchy. I'd love to drive a car with these installed to see the difference, but I'm not about to drop $400 and find out they also don't work, just like every other product that "solves wheel hop."

Just my opinion. Good luck with it.

Last edited by Dainslaif; 11-16-2008 at 07:18 PM.
Old 11-16-2008, 07:38 PM

I'm very interested!
Old 11-17-2008, 10:53 AM

would there be a need to upgrade the motor mount also?

Quick Reply: New Rotated Trans Mounts