Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

06 cobalt ss non supercharged 2.4

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2018, 10:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK thanks for the advice I will do more diagnosis tomorrow when it’s light and warmer! I looked at the map didn’t have a chance to get much done before sun down, but I will focus on that tmrw and if I have any problems I will get back to you, also we are having a hard time fueling it up after half a tank it is almost impossible to get a full tank just doesn’t take it an spews out spout just realized that today as first time filling since buying not sure if that has anything to do with it ! And how I could diagnose and fix that issue thanks guys
Old 02-23-2018, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by HGT
Freeze Frames are captures of the available data perimeters the second the code is set.
I notice a couple things.
Your long term fuel trim has been having to add a lot of fuel and is almost maxed out.
Your engine vacuum is very low... only 10hg. I mentioned earlier that your map sensor may be leaking or not completely inserted. That would cause a vac leak commanding more fuel and show a low reading as it is. I would watch the pre cat O2 and spray some carb spray around the manifold and map sensor looking for the O2 V. to jump up when you hit the leak.
quick update here we had to drive to inlaws so I tried taking the gas cap off and losing it ! Cleared the code and drove as driving the tc light came on after the 123 km drive but when put in park it turns off !I put the code scanner on it and it says that the p0171 is pending didn’t throw another code it is just pending now any advice
Old 02-23-2018, 05:46 PM

AND I check map it seems in and secure and no leaks around intake can this all be caused by something wrong in or around tank
Old 02-23-2018, 05:56 PM

Received 417 Likes on 341 Posts
there could be a evap purge problem
Old 02-23-2018, 06:50 PM

Do you happen to have a diagram that shows me the Evap purge and what to change or test ? Thank you
Old 02-23-2018, 11:03 PM

Received 531 Likes on 455 Posts
With the power of YouTube..

Old 02-24-2018, 06:26 PM

I was doing further tests today and used a different scanner that was able to pull abs and chassis codes ! I have pulled codes c0561 u2100 u2105 u2106 any suggestions on this or threads on this issue ?
Old 03-01-2018, 08:30 PM

More discoveries

I had tore the car apart about today to check the gasket in exhaust manifold! I removed the heat shield from on top of it and what do you know a long crack down then manifold , I assume this could be a possible so I got some high temp metal crack filler for manifoldss and patched it up waiting for the patch job to cure then I’m gonna start it up and see if still getting codes !
Old 03-01-2018, 08:44 PM
Banned

Received 96 Likes on 91 Posts
If the O2 sees oxygen from a crack when it normally only sees 0-2% after combustion it is going to command fuel. The crack filler probably won't last long but hopefully long enough to test it. I'm going to guess there are plenty of 2.4 exhaust manifolds out there from owners installing headers.
Old 03-01-2018, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by HGT
If the O2 sees oxygen from a crack when it normally only sees 0-2% after combustion it is going to command fuel. The crack filler probably won't last long but hopefully long enough to test it. I'm going to guess there are plenty of 2.4 exhaust manifolds out there from owners installing headers.
ok I am taking a look for one , but what I am using is inferno metal repair says right on it for manifolds so I’m gonna give it a shot see what happen and if it is that and clears codes might as well just buy new one
Old 03-16-2018, 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by Paulk
Hi I recently purschased a 2006 cobalt ss 2.4 non supercharged, the guy we bought t from explained here was a cel on and it was pulling a code for bank one running to lean, i thru it on a scanner my friend has and pulled the same code the guy said he has had it in the shop and they can’t figure it out he had car for 9 years starting at 40,000 km and it currently is sitting at 194,000 ! It is causing the transmission to shift hard from p to r and then from n to d and while accelerating from first to second gear auto ! Now I have looked at the maf it looks clean and no obstruction filter is clean I looked at all the wiring to the maf and o2 sensor all look good! So I am wondering what other procedures you guys would suggest to fix problem, car is in amazing shape , motor doesn’t miss a beat, from my research the transmission is doing this cause d by this code, and recently the tc light has come on with a code stating system off, that information incorrectly stored! Any help would be greatly appreciate!
Ive had this happen. Is there and O2 code pulling too for your sensors? It will run Bank one and Two and say high voltage sometimes. Check your Intake and exhaust solenoids located on the top of the engine if your facing it on the left. Change them, clear the code, run it till all monitors are run through and it “should” fix the problem.
I’d also check your tranny fluid too just to be sure. No dipstick but there’s a plug on the case you can use to check it, very easy after you jacke it up. Check it on four jacks though and engine running. Good luck with your slowbalt
Old 03-16-2018, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by 06SSSlowbalt

Ive had this happen. Is there and O2 code pulling too for your sensors? It will run Bank one and Two and say high voltage sometimes. Check your Intake and exhaust solenoids located on the top of the engine if your facing it on the left. Change them, clear the code, run it till all monitors are run through and it “should” fix the problem.
I’d also check your tranny fluid too just to be sure. No dipstick but there’s a plug on the case you can use to check it, very easy after you jacke it up. Check it on four jacks though and engine running. Good luck with your slowbalt
hi thanks for the advice after all possible diagnoses I could do on my own without proper equipment I took it to a shop , which was a good idea , was found out to be a faulty fuel pump my mechanic said it was running 29 pounds when supposed to be 50 and surprisingly wasn’t as exspensive as I thought to . Had that changed out and have done a good 200 km and hasn’t come back on , and has fixed the traction control as well so transmission no longer shifts hard, but thanks to everyone that has helped me out with eliminating problems , thank you! You guys are awesome