Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

08 LT No start

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2015, 06:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 LT No start

Sorry this isn't SS related, but the normal cobalt forums have little to no activity what soever, or atleast the one's I have posted on.

Anyways, I have a 08 LT that engine got hydrolocked, a 33k mile unit was installed and ran fine for about 3 weeks. The last day it ran I filled it up with gas and went to start the car and no dice. Starter doesn't engage, no click other than from the BCM, and no attempt at starting.
The display flashes inbetween "Low Fuel" and "Power Steering" even though car is full of gas and P/S was functional until I tried to start it again.

Seeing as the vehicle is automatic i can't really push start it. I replaced the starter hoping that it would be an easy fix, and that did not help either.

Friend and I were trying to figure out what was wrong and he checked voltage from the engine to the chassis and found that it was carrying battery voltage.

I have been trying to find someone with a similar problem with no avail, and simply with being a Tech and knowing the rape that dealerships participate in I do not wish to take that route so any advice/tips/thoughts would be appreciated.

P.S. I hate this car
Old 12-25-2015, 02:05 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
When my car displayed those msgs and my car didn't start it ended up being my engine ground, Hasn't happened since and little bit of sand paper and elbow grease is pretty cheap compared to a shop.

It did happen on my 08 tc model tho but it seems to be very similar, On my car/engine the ground is kinda above the front transmission mount reaching up from the bottom and you have to kind reach over the tranny a little bit heading towards the passenger fender.

Hope this helps, Keep us posted
Old 12-28-2015, 12:55 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
This happened to my 08 LS when to negative from the battery magically disconnected itself. There is also a ground under the driver's headlight you can check. Probably just a simple electrical gremlin