Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

09 LDK SS makes no boost. But no boost leak.

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2020, 05:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 LDK SS makes no boost. But no boost leak.

So I had a problem of my car running rough at idle and misfiring while driving to the point where I couldn’t go any faster than 20 mph in second gear because of the loss of power and the misfire. After many different tests, the last thing I did was disconnect my battery for about 5 minutes and when I reconnected it and started it up, all my issues went away. Now it idles and runs fine but makes no boost. No engine light or anything. Just runs a little sluggish when I try to get on it and try to spool it up. I leak tested my charge pipe and other components at 30 psi (I run at 24 psi) and still nothing. Anyone have any advice? I’m stumped.
Old 04-26-2020, 09:00 AM

Received 316 Likes on 296 Posts
Are your map sensors ok? Have you tried reloading the stock tune?
Old 04-26-2020, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by 63 Nova SS
Are your map sensors ok? Have you tried reloading the stock tune?
unfortunately I don’t have the stock tune. I brought it to a place out by me that claims the computer that held thousands of tunes crashed and are gone. So far I replaced my intake Map sensor and it’s running better than it was before. Instead of 13 codes now I’m only flashing 6 and they’re all circuit codes. For both cam sensors. Turbo waste gate solenoid, And BPV circuit low. So at this point I’m going to test my battery, and alternator first. Then go after my ground connections and finally make sure no wires are chewed up from rodents.
Old 04-27-2020, 06:20 AM

Received 316 Likes on 296 Posts
If the wastegate code is on, could there be a chance it's stuck open causing it to not build boost?
Old 04-27-2020, 06:52 AM

Update

Okay. Just to fill everyone in on the progress. The low voltage codes and no boost seemed to be linked to a damn blown fuse. Under the hood in that fuse block I had the 10 amp fuse for the engine valve solenoid burn out. Since I replaced that my codes have gone away and I seem to have boost again but not officially. I still can’t drive it because of the lope and the rough idle. I believe to have the problem sorted out. When the engine is running it’ll start off smooth, and pretty much every time after it runs for about 5 minutes it starts to chop like it’s got a big cam. After watching the data when this happens the first thing to go is fuel pressure. It’ll sky rocket and the injectors start to chatter super loud. After unplugging the HPFP while the car is running, and it leveled out and returned to normal. So I just ordered a new pump l, it was cheap enough to where I can swap it and see if it helps. Sorry for the long thread but maybe this whole thing could help someone having the same issue as me.
Old 04-28-2020, 05:34 PM

im getting some similar issues on my 09 ss balt and it brought me here.im getting a p2261 code for the BPV but i replaced it and also the BPV controller on top of the intake manifold. ive been swapping parts from my 08 ss balt but this has me lost here. the bpv keeps opening and closing at idle and i can feel it do it but my 08 does not do that. its gotta be a vac leak
Old 05-06-2020, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by ChrisR6s
im getting some similar issues on my 09 ss balt and it brought me here.im getting a p2261 code for the BPV but i replaced it and also the BPV controller on top of the intake manifold. ive been swapping parts from my 08 ss balt but this has me lost here. the bpv keeps opening and closing at idle and i can feel it do it but my 08 does not do that. its gotta be a vac leak
check the engine valve solenoid fuse under the hood. Should be a red 10 amp fuse. I had mine blow on me and that was the cause of my boost issue. I also threw an intake and exhaust cam code that was linked to that.