Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

2006 SS/SC headlight.

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 06:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 SS/SC headlight.

My car keeps blowing the headlight on the drivers side.. I've replaced it twice and the low beam blows out everytime. I replaced it and it lasts like 2-3 weeks then it'd done. Anyone have any idea why?
Old 04-27-2012, 12:41 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I had that problem with my center brake light in my old dodge shadow.
Check your headlight assembly and the space arround the lightbulb and behind it. Make sure nothign is comming into physical contact with the bulb or bumping it. I endedu p having to change the entire light assembly on my shadow's brakelight.
Might have to change your headlight assembly.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:42 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Also
When you put a new bulb in
DO NOT touch ANY part of the glass bulb with your bare hands. Oils from your skin will get on the bulb and you'll never get them off. Then hot spots on the glass could form and cause the bulb to fail prematurely
Don't know if you touched the bulb nor not.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:36 AM

Good morning,

I'm sorry to read about your bulbs burning out - I checked in my resources to see if I could get any troubleshooting tips your way, but unfortunately I can't. Looks like you've gotten some great feedback from insylem -- hopefully you can find a resolution soon!

If there's anything I can assist with, please let me know.
Sarah
GM Customer Service
Old 04-27-2012, 10:00 AM

Alright thanks, once we stop getting rain storms I'll take it out and look it over to make sure nothing is around it and what not. Hopefully this turns into an easy fix..
Old 04-27-2012, 03:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You are buying the right bulb,maybe check at the dealership ,part no. Etc
Old 04-27-2012, 04:48 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Bubman
Alright thanks, once we stop getting rain storms I'll take it out and look it over to make sure nothing is around it and what not. Hopefully this turns into an easy fix..
i'd like to be there to see that. always wondered how to get the headlight assembly out without breaking things.. i've heard horror stories goodluck! nbtw i have a spare stock bulb here if you need it!
Old 04-27-2012, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Cobalt_Daddy
i'd like to be there to see that. always wondered how to get the headlight assembly out without breaking things.. i've heard horror stories goodluck! nbtw i have a spare stock bulb here if you need it!
I have a hard time getting it ouit, but I have little for patience and a short attention span for things like that. Dean can get it out and in and have it changed before I can even get the damn thing out. And alright I might take you up on that. haha. I was out by your place twice today, I looked to see if your balt was there but I didn't see it.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:08 PM

I have a hard time getting it ouit, but I have little for patience and a short attention span for things like that. Dean can get it out and in and have it changed before I can even get the damn thing out. And alright I might take you up on that. haha. I was out by your place twice today, I looked to see if your balt was there but I didn't see it.
haha it was there.. only car in the driveway! you're not looking in the right place! again stop by anytime you see both cars if you can find the house haha dean found it! i'll be around for a better part of the weekend so if you're in the area stop by..

usually a silver forte, burgundy red honda accord and black balt in the drieway.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:44 PM

haha it was there.. only car in the driveway! you're not looking in the right place! again stop by anytime you see both cars if you can find the house haha dean found it! i'll be around for a better part of the weekend so if you're in the area stop by..

usually a silver forte, burgundy red honda accord and black balt in the drieway.
Hmm maybe it's just a house that looks likes yours.. I looked at your FB house pics.. Do you live like, right by the Masons apple place? Just acorss the road from there kind of a little hill? Yellow place, garage in the back, with some uncut logs of wood by it? :s I swear that's where you live...
Old 04-27-2012, 09:04 PM

Hmm maybe it's just a house that looks likes yours.. I looked at your FB house pics.. Do you live like, right by the Masons apple place? Just acorss the road from there kind of a little hill? Yellow place, garage in the back, with some uncut logs of wood by it? :s I swear that's where you live...
im on the same side as the masons factory.. i'm a yellow house with brown shingles. small white shed at the end of the driveway on the house end. the balt is parked in front of it. at the end of my driveway near the road is a large power panel for the sewer which is right before my driveway when you're heading towards masons. i live across from the house with the loader and logs near a fence and a large storage shed out back. there is usually a red cobalt parked in front of it.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If there is moisture getting in there that could cause you some issues with the bulb
Old 04-28-2012, 09:47 AM

im on the same side as the masons factory.. i'm a yellow house with brown shingles. small white shed at the end of the driveway on the house end. the balt is parked in front of it. at the end of my driveway near the road is a large power panel for the sewer which is right before my driveway when you're heading towards masons. i live across from the house with the loader and logs near a fence and a large storage shed out back. there is usually a red cobalt parked in front of it.
Hmm, I will have to drive up that way a little further. I'm sure I'd find it no problem. I come off the road that's right infront of masons and I have to turn right there to get to where my sister lives. I'm guessing you're on the left.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by LS6Rally
If there is moisture getting in there that could cause you some issues with the bulb
Hmm, just seems odd that it would keep happening over and over but I'll check it out for sure
Old 04-28-2012, 05:09 PM

Hmm, I will have to drive up that way a little further. I'm sure I'd find it no problem. I come off the road that's right infront of masons and I have to turn right there to get to where my sister lives. I'm guessing you're on the left.
yep when you get to the end of three mile plains crossroad and turn right at the masons factory i'm the second last house on the left before you go up denise drive.

the last house being the one with the horse pen in front of it and the barn out back.

Last edited by Cobalt_Daddy; 04-28-2012 at 05:30 PM.
Old 04-28-2012, 05:23 PM
AWD > FWD

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
are you kidding? Headlights in balts are extremely easy to remove.

Also make absolutly SURE that you are not touching the glass. The oils from your skin can make the glass explode when heated. Make sure you are buying a standard bulb, don't buy any special high wattage or boosted bulbs because they can burn out like that. Just get a standard, clear 55w bulb.
Old 04-28-2012, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by TommyP

Also make absolutly SURE that you are not touching the glass. The oils from your skin can make the glass explode when heated. Make sure you are buying a standard bulb, don't buy any special high wattage or boosted bulbs because they can burn out like that. Just get a standard, clear 55w bulb.
i have no idea i've never had to replace mine yet but if it's anything like the G6 GT i used to have it's a PITA. gone are the days where you just ahve to unscrew a cap on the back of the assembly and unclip the bulb..
Old 04-28-2012, 06:33 PM

yep when you get to the end of three mile plains crossroad and turn right at the masons factory i'm the second last house on the left before you go up denise drive.

the last house being the one with the horse pen in front of it and the barn out back.
Alright, that's easy enough! I'll be sure to find that haha. I'll definetly grab that bulb from you.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:37 PM

Alright, that's easy enough! I'll be sure to find that haha. I'll definetly grab that bulb from you.
i'll be home all day tomorrow during the day. stop by if ya want
Old 04-28-2012, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by TommyP

The actual headlight is easy to get out, but the headlight assembly is a pain, well for me anyways.

Yeah, I'll be sure to not touch the glass, and yes the last bulb I put it was out of the last style sunfire which use the same bulbs as the cobalts.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:35 PM

come get the bulb so i can see your balt and go for a rip! i'll take ya for a ride in a TC!