Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

._. why me...

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 08:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy ._. why me...

ok so heres the problem yesterday I went to go pressure wash my car and clean out the interior threw away trash all that good stuff and dryed my car then drove home. it ran fine nothing was wrong. Then a few hr's passed and i had to go pick up my gf frm work, So i get in the car and i try to start it and it didnt want to crank over. So i was like um...okay... i took the keys out waited a min then tryed again it started so i was like ok that was weird. As im driving i get to a stop light the cars lights like all the lights flickered and then the car shut off o.o. SO here i am thinkin crap i hope i didnt get get no water smwhere in the engine or the intake =\. i started the car again and it started right up, but then i noticed it kept saying the trunk was open and i was like wth??? so i pulled over and check it the trunk was closed but it still said that it was open so i was like ugh, forget it all ignore it untill i go pick up my gf and go home. as im getting on the freeway the car didnt want to go past 65 it didnt jerk or spudder it just like didnt want to pass it then all of a sudden it started to speed up on its own i look down thinking did i accedently hit the cruse control or smthing? nope wasnt it then it went back to normal, but it was still saying that the trunk was open. Well i get to her work and i turned off the car cuz one of my friends was there cuz they wanted to go crusing so i had told them met up at my ladys job. I tell them what happend they think the same thing that i probably got water in it or smthing. SO i get in the car tryed to start it up and now nothing, the lights everything turns on fine but now the car dosnt want to crank over at all, waited again tryed it, nope still nothing, we check the fuses we thought maybe it was the relay or smthing, but it did flicker powersteering o O? so i dnt know why my cars not starting or whats wrong its not throwing any codes its not the battery i have a feeling it has to be the relay or smthing but it just dosnt make any sense! please help i dnt wanna leave my car there at my gf work over night again >.< and i deff. dnt wanna tow it ._.
Old 04-25-2010, 08:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what motor...

Last edited by blackbolt89; 04-25-2010 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-25-2010, 08:58 PM

2.0 ss supercharged
Old 04-25-2010, 09:29 PM

BCM harness got water in the connections. As your description says the trunk ajar displayed and some other speed control anomalies.

If you or one of your friends is decent enough mechanically, here is what is needed. You need to locate your main connectors for your harness, if the super is like the tc then your ecm is right there for the plucking, compressed air is your friend you need to blow out EVERY connection you can find and that's AFTER you take it apart.

Alternatively if my above incredibly vague description is horrible as I think it is, then try opening the hood on a sunny day and leave it open ALL day. Don't even attempt to restart it until the sun goes down. You have a weatherproof connection that is no longer weatherproof. Although for the record high pressure water is not within the design constraints of what GM says is weatherproof.

Really you need to take apart your connections blow them out let them dry AND if it still doesn't work you have officially fried something.
Old 04-25-2010, 09:31 PM

Sucks to hear, Hope you get it up and running buddy.
Old 04-25-2010, 10:02 PM

k ima try that thank you
Old 04-26-2010, 01:34 AM

could be ur crankshaft postion sensor maybe.. happen to me when i was just driving just a thought