Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

car leaning out when you give it gas

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 01:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
car leaning out when you give it gas

engine: 2.4 twin cam (non-eco)
ecu: gm reflashed for the charger

well i have yet another problem with the gm reflashed, stock ecu sunfire. Im cruising randomly and when i come to a stop and go to accel the air fuel gauges goes directly to all the way lean and putters til i give it more gas and it catches it self if it doesnt die (goes up hill and dies most of the time if you start at the bottom from a stop). I checked all connections on the sensors and the OBD 2 didnt read ANY codes what so ever. Sometimes also when i put the car in park and then put it in drive and proceed it putters then also. again i have checked the TPS, IAC, i have new o2 sesors in and everything.

Another question i have is if i get the Apexi SAFC can i adjust the air fuel to where it doesnt do this since or something im running rich on reg driving and WOT cause i just dont wanna put anymore cash into the car when i get random problems that puzzle me and everyone i ask about it, i know i need HPT but the car still shouldnt do this tuned or not cause this happens randomly without me touching anything. i heard the SAFC doesnt do much but ive heard that it works fine from some turbo talons and such locally. thanks guys