Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Clutch pedal squeaks and groans when depressed and released......driving me insane

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 11:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clutch pedal squeaks and groans when depressed and released......driving me insane

Actually I groan too when I'm depressed, but that's another issue. My clutch pedal developed this freaking annoying squeak/ groan when the pedal is depressed and released. Every time I shift I hear this. I''m to the point to where I have to turn up the radio so I don't hear it.

Took it to the dealer. they sprayed some **** on the pedal, and it went away for about 3 hours, and then came back.

I crawled under the dash and put some white lithium grease on the rod where it goes through the firewall: that was not it. It coming from up near the pivot area. What a pain in the ass. there is no room to get your hands up in there. Plus, I noticed that my clutch pedal is plastic? really? And it's flimsy. If you grab it with your hand, you can move it side-to-side with little effort.

Well, has anyone else had this freaking annoying clutch pedal squeak? I mean seriously, I've only got 21,000 miles on the car and it is having all these strange issues.

My steering wheel also makes hellish squeaks when you turn it left or right. Only on warm days though, which is like right now.....

With all my squeaks and rattles I feel like I'm driving an old school bus.

If anyone has had the clutch pedal out of the car, let me know what you found.......

OVCD
Old 04-12-2013, 11:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mine did that, you need to lube where it goes into the firewall, pump it a few times, then re lube, just keep lubing the **** out of it and it will go away.

put the lube on the piston that goes into the firewall, seems like a rubber grommet or seal squeaks when its not lubed.