Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Continuous clunking while coasting

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 11:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Continuous clunking while coasting

Hello

I've searched all the threads and couldn't find anything specific to my problem. When I accelerate and brake there is no noise. When I lift my foot off the gas petal to coast or when I put the car in neutral to coast I get a really loud clunk noise with every revolution of the tire. It is coming from the front and happens at every speed all the time.

I raised the car and spun the wheels and cannot get it to replicate. The noise is gone when there is load on the driveshaft (braking & accelerating). Does anyone know what this might be?

i have one week left of warranty so I imagine it will be covered. Good timing...
Old 05-07-2008, 09:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just to update what happened. The brake front right brake pad broke in two. It was being pulled into itself when accelerating and braking but rattled when I would coast. I'm still kicking myself for not taking the tire off when I jacked it up. I give the car back today since it was a lease and I need something more functional. Money spent for someone else to enjoy.