Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

A couple issues for the dealer to fix monday!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 08:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A couple issues for the dealer to fix monday!

I put a CAI on yeasterday as you might of read in the CAI Wow's & upon doing that I saw the drivers side outter CV boot is cut right at the clamp dumping grease all over the wheel so I talked to the dealer & they said they have had this issue on mostly the impala & verry few on the cobalt but thought it was not good as I am headed to Wisconsin next week & didn't want to throw a CV out.

Then friday it was pretty hot here on Iowa & when I got in my car I went to open the Sunroof shield to open the sun roof & it whould not open like it was jammed & I finally got it open but I had to wait for the interior to cool a bit & even then it was stick.

Then a month back I noticed the rocker molding on the drivers side had cracked at the front wheel well so they have ordered 5 times & each time the new parts has been defective so I'm still waiting for that.

Then I noticed the paint or clear coat on the rocker it's self is shity like it was painted by a 5 year old as the shine is missing in areas & this is on both sides like GM thought the plastic molding would cover it up but there is one inch that is exposed above the molding & it looks like crap so they are going to repaint thatas it's a factory defect.

I was wondering if anyone has had any of these issues or maybe my car was built on a bad day ha ha h

Over all I love the car and am a GM only & have been for years but I'm a ***** about my cars as I keep them spotless & not scratchs or dents.The Service tech I deal with is great as he knows me & how I maintain my cars as I feel if I was dealing with some Joe I didn't know they would think I was nuts & laugh at me
Old 04-16-2006, 10:01 AM

I got paint coming off my front bumper and paint chips and scratchs on the hood. Its just a cheap paint job...

later
Old 04-16-2006, 10:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ya tha paint does chip easy, look at my thread on duplicolor chip repair or player1's how to on lankga.
Old 04-17-2006, 09:54 AM

Im having the dealer take care of it under warrenty. But those 2 threads are very good how to's!!

later
Old 04-19-2006, 07:31 AM

Well I dropped the car off monday & they called me & said they had to order the CV boot & I told the guy this is the 3rd time I dropped my car off & you did nothing so they took it to there Body shop to look at the paint & gave me the runaround &I just smiled walked away & when I got my keys & went to the service desk & asked to talk to the manager.

So out side I waled the manager over to the row of new Cobalts & had him look at them & then we walked over to mine & he said wow I see what you mean & we will repaint both your rockers no problem

They fixed the sun roof cover as it had a piece of foam binding it up so it would not slie easy.

Then they had to pull a pieceof white foam or sound deading material out of around the glove box as I have been getting dust that just covers the inside of the glove box & they said they fixed that.

so far GM has had to replace the o2 sensor as it was bad & making the car run real rich
now the CV boot ripped
then the rocker molding cracked (factory defect)
and the rockers were not painted properly ( factory Defect)
Old 04-20-2006, 07:22 AM

Happy to hear you finally got someplace. Sometimes u just have to show them who is boss. So many factory defects... kinda stranger. I took my car to the dealer yesterday and they told me somebody hit my front bumper, thats why the paint was coming off (i noticed it in the first couple days so it must of happened in the dealership, i would know if someone hit me). Then the guy looks at the hood chips and says oh thats normal highway driving and im like there is one probly im never on the highway unless i have to come see you guys. SO i got a *Free* bottle of touch up paint and 2 little yellow brushes...... and i told him its ur car, im not going to fix it, you can fix it in 4 years when i turn the car in and the whole hood is rusted and paint chipped.

later