Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

GG CEL Scan....

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 05:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GG CEL Scan....

so i went to pepboys to get my CEL code checked... (another post about the problem here) and you know what they told me? 1) they told me to pull around... obvi.. (lol i know, im trying to humor myself though i had a rough day) and 2) they told me to wash my car, ***** fucked up right? i washed it 4 days ago and its bout to rain tonight. and 3) they hooked up the computer to the car, the CEL is on. their scanner cannot read anything. he goes and tries another car they had and it worked, so he grabbed another scanner. came back - same thing. he said something is wrong with the comp in the car, or the wiring connecting it. wiring looks fine from what i inspected myself when i got home but of course it could always be loose somewhere.

WHAT DO??? he said take it to dealer but im not under warranty anymore so im probably gonna get raped with charges right? anyone have any info on this type of problem or work at a dealership that might know a price on this?
Old 05-27-2010, 05:10 PM
Haz l33t wheelz.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
they told you to wash your car? hahah, buy yourself a scanner, 30 bucks at autozone, and scan it yourself.
Old 05-27-2010, 05:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
cigarette lighter fuse. /END THREAD

use the ******* search. its been answered a million ******* times.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by 07cobaltguy
cigarette lighter fuse. /END THREAD

use the ******* search. its been answered a million ******* times.
calm ur ****. i did use search button and only got like 15 results. read them, cig lighter is only mentioned 2 or 3 times and was even replaced in 1 thread and codes were still unreadable. get off my nuts, my cig lighter fuse is fine. i was charging my cell phone yesterday.

any other ides before having to get sodomized by a dealer???
Old 05-27-2010, 09:17 PM

go get it checked again, probably not there. Theres one of a few things that can happen when it plugs in. 1) it works. Obviously thats not your case. 2) it doesn't act like its plugged in (any obdII reader will turn itself on after being plugged in to a obd port) so if it didn't turn on at all, theres no power to it. Which is what ryaan was getting at. I'd check your fuses again. Or 3) it attempts to read but fails, which would have something to do with your ecu.
So I'd go to a auto parts store, and see which one two or three it is doing. I see some hanging down at work not fastened to anything once in awhile and find it hard that none of the wiring gets pulled out.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:23 PM

ill check the fuse again in the morning, but i think it may be the wiring than. alright atleast i have a better understanding a little bit of whats going on. kthx.

someone in another post said dealership game them **** about an aftermarket radio and said thats why the scanner didnt read. thats probably just bullshit i'll have to talk my way around, right? i have an aftermarket stereo =\
Old 05-28-2010, 12:07 PM

i checked all the fuses this morning. pulled out each and every single one inside the car fuse box and under the hood fuse box. not a single fuse blown. when i got in and started the car again though the cel went off... hmph...

UPDATE
went to autozone today, instead of pepboys. they checked it. the kid asked me if i had an intake on the car (i dont) he said okay. cleared it and said alright if it comes back on let me know and we'll check it out. i asked what the code was he just said it was a maf (map maybe) thing. sensor read barometric pressure. real brief and he was azn so a little hard to understand. whatever though, i guess.

Last edited by ryaan; 05-28-2010 at 04:57 PM.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:41 PM

A P0105 DTC could be caused by:
MAP sensor vacuum hose disconnected or plugged
Bad MAP sensor
Bad TPS
Damaged or problematic MAP sensor connector
Damaged or problematic TPS connector
Damaged wiring
Short to reference voltage on signal circuit of MAP sensor
Loss of ground to MAP sensor or TPS
Open on signal circuit of MAP sensor
Bad PCM

thats what came up when I searched for barometric pressure.
I remember seeing it at work but don't remember what all it says on the scanner.

I've seen where people install their own radios where it screws up some other stuff related to the dash. But since you actually got it read, then no need to worry about that.