Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2015, 05:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help!

Okay so after letting the car sit a bit, I was cleaning the nasty yellow off my headlights. Restoring them if you will and decided to spray the dirt off my engine. Head and supercharger and all was cool to the touch. As I sprayed the exhaust kinda steamed a little but nothing major. Well I drove the car into town (15-20 minute drive) went in Walmart for a good 35-40 minutes came back out and left. Car ran good until next morning. Started it, seemed fine. Started driving and I realized I had a much higher pitch whine that gets louder with rpm. But if I let off to where I am building only 0-5 psi it goes away or atleast it's not loud enough to hear. I also lost power and car won't go more then 80. Really need help. Never owned a cobalt ss. Stepped away from mustangs for this and I am upset. Only 2400 miles on engine and 82k on body. Again, please help.
Old 08-21-2015, 05:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Matt68thor
Okay so after letting the car sit a bit, I was cleaning the nasty yellow off my headlights. Restoring them if you will and decided to spray the dirt off my engine. Head and supercharger and all was cool to the touch. As I sprayed the exhaust kinda steamed a little but nothing major. Well I drove the car into town (15-20 minute drive) went in Walmart for a good 35-40 minutes came back out and left. Car ran good until next morning. Started it, seemed fine. Started driving and I realized I had a much higher pitch whine that gets louder with rpm. But if I let off to where I am building only 0-5 psi it goes away or atleast it's not loud enough to hear. I also lost power and car won't go more then 80. Really need help. Never owned a cobalt ss. Stepped away from mustangs for this and I am upset. Only 2400 miles on engine and 82k on body. Again, please help.
Also I'd like to add that it's only under heavy acceleration really. Anything more then 1/4 throttle is when I actually build boost and it makes the noise. I'm bummed way out not having any knowledge of these cars
Old 08-21-2015, 07:22 AM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

Received 197 Likes on 175 Posts
moved to problems/service/maintenance section.