Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Help: Boost leak test results.

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2016, 08:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help: Boost leak test results.

Hello, after blowing my Injen upper cp off i decided to do a boost leak test to insure a tighter fit the second time around (still waiting on the upgraded coupler kit) While performing the test i sat my regulator on my compressor to 20psi. I did not hear any leaks from the charge pipes them selves but I did hear air coming out of my CIA ... I had the pcv disconnected so i know it was not coming from there. The first time i boost leak tested I still had stock air box so im not sure how long this has been occurring. My question is how bad is it? Is it a bad turbo (first turbo car) or as i might fear something wrong in my valve train? Please let me know anything will help. car still runs and drives fine and will still pull if i want it too. I will be doing a compression and blow down test here shortly (If there is a how to about disabling ignition let me know so i can run these tests) Thanks for stopping by!
Old 09-02-2016, 11:55 AM

Bump, slightly revised version. Hello, after blowing my Injen upper cp off i decided to do a boost leak test to insure a tighter fit the second time around (still waiting on the upgraded coupler kit) While performing the test I set my regulator on the compressor to 20psi. I did not hear any leaks from the charge pipes them selves but I did hear air coming out of my CIA ... I had the pcv disconnected so i know it was not coming from there. The first time I ran a boost leak test I still had the stock air box so I am not sure how long this has been occurring. My question is how bad is it? Is it a bad turbo (first turbo car) or as i might fear something wrong in my valve train (seals, bent valve, cracked retainer, ect)? Please let me know anything will help. car still runs and drives fine and will still pull if i want it too. I will be doing a compression and blow down test here shortly (If there is a how to about disabling ignition let me know so i can run these tests) Thanks for stopping by!
Old 09-02-2016, 11:56 AM
Banned

Received 162 Likes on 128 Posts
wait, you are hearing it come from your Cold Air intake? is that what you mean? how do you have the boost leak tester hooked up? to the upper CP?
Old 09-02-2016, 01:16 PM
South Central *********

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts
its because the valves are open
Old 09-03-2016, 07:52 AM

Tester is hooked up on the upper CP. And i know one cylinder will be open but is it normal to hear the air and smell it comimg out of the cold air? (KN)