Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

a little explination of a bad day im having

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 01:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a little explination of a bad day im having

ok this does have something to do with my rotos/pads i just installed on tuesday

i havent driven my car much at all, a few times around the neighbor hood to get a slight feel for the brakes(havent broken them in yet)
i havent driven it cuz one of my front driver studs is cross threaded badly(another story) so my cars been sitting in my garage with spankin new rotors and pads lightly broken in and tonight i got in and headed out to go to the dealer to drop off my car for service in the morning(to fix the stud)....i get no more than 500yards from my house and i hear what sounds like metal on metal so im like ...awesome man..... i "downshift" my auto using as little braking as possible and using the ebrake for some help...i call my bro up who comes down with his truck/trailer....what i should of done in the first place right...skipping to the dealer, rough time gettin the car off it felt like i was holding the brake and hitting the gas and the car was half off the trailer.... then im slowly backing up to pull into a spot when all of a sudden my car stops(like i hit the brakes)... im like what the fubar man is it now...turns out, prolly what caused this whole thing in the firstplace, i find small chunks of metal on the inside/bottom of my rim and on the ground.. it was the weight strip they use to balance the rims out or w.e. it came off and got wedged between my caliper and rotor apparently.... it grinded a little on the outside top edge of the rotor and the inner edge of my rim right where the spokes meet the rim...prolly ate my pads for late night dinner too....i wrote out my "service" form dropped my keys in the slot and left my car parked sideways in the middle of there service lot infront of the garages... i couldnt take it any more...it was downpouring like crazy too...
it really sucks but from now on its when in doubt tow it out
well see how this one turns out....

btw the brakes did work great for the first 450yards thanks turbotechracing
Old 07-24-2008, 01:07 AM

Who balanced your rims... they should pay for the damages....
Old 07-24-2008, 08:56 AM

bought rims off my neighbor, there a year or two old....i was planning on getting new rubbers for em anyway and have them balanced then but i needed my stud replaced first, he has that deal at pepboys where they give u a % off when u purchase new tires from them depending on how much tread u have left currently i forgot what its called....would pepboys be at fault here or do they not do balancing ?
Old 07-24-2008, 09:05 AM

pepboys sucks for balancing....i had them balance my tires when they installed em on my trans am wheels and i left my driveway and came back an there was a weight sittin in the driveway..they suck period!
Old 07-24-2008, 09:30 AM

so i should be goin to pepboys with the repair/replacement cost of my new rotors if there damaged that bad, i prolly need pads too....not to mention my rim looks like a dog toy...i'll have to get a better look at the damage during the day, i dropped off my car last night in the rain...but still...i felt the rim and brakes and it didnt feel pretty
Old 07-24-2008, 09:39 AM

I had wheel weight come off on my old Blazer ZR2 from the front left and in it blew my left rear out. I was like wtf there wasnt anything in the road and I look and theres a wheel weight sticking out of the tire
Old 07-24-2008, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by 2FST4U
I had wheel weight come off on my old Blazer ZR2 from the front left and in it blew my left rear out. I was like wtf there wasnt anything in the road and I look and theres a wheel weight sticking out of the tire
that sucks equally as much

i should be hearing back from the dealer sometime this afternoon...

i just got off the phone with the dealer and what happend was the two bolts holding the caliper came loose...yeah it never crossed my mind but apparently one rattled all the way out the other half way and the caliper started swinging away from the rotor and rubbing on the rim...once that happend it started catching on the weights and the rim the rest is history......lesson learned torq EVERYTHING x_X

good news is my rotors and pads are ok they said, a little wear on the rotor but on the outer edge which i checked and its not noticable until you feel the edge...cant say the same for my rims tho the front one took some damage from the caliper and everthing, ill get a better look at everything tommorrow when i go to pick it up

Last edited by Hotwired2689; 07-24-2008 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-24-2008, 12:24 PM

is it on the back side of the rim though? if so .. who cares noone will see it...
Old 07-24-2008, 12:26 PM

thats what i somewhat saw last night and i reached in and it deffinatly was scratched up a bit but yeah im hoping the damage is only on the inside behind the spokes right where they meet the "rim"