Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

My situation with GM

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2014, 01:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So as some of you may know after a solid 3 months of no luck GM warranty will be giving me a new motor under warranty! Performed a Leak-down test which cyl #4 failed. Cyl #4 has had light knock for months and has been in and out of gm a ton trying to solve the problem. Finally they lifted the head and found scorching on the sleeve wall and piston. Thank you porous block.

Motor would arrive in one week and car would be ready latest mid week. Ordered the recall parts at the same time. That was May 26th. I've called in and spoken with the service advisor a half dozen times and gone in to talk to them as well. Every single time I've asked about an estimate for when the motor will arrive I've received the same response. "It will get here when it gets here." I've tried to get a tracking number or at very least have them call GM warranty where it's coming from to see if it's been shipped yet or if they had to build more. They've said since it's taking so long they are probably out of stock(kinda hard to believe) but can't get any ballpark on when it will arrive because it's coming straight from their GM warranty.

Kinda at a loss here and have a sickening feeling I'm going to be out of my car for months to come seeing how long the recalls are taking. Any advice?

Thanks for the read and opinions guys.
Old 06-22-2014, 03:13 AM

Received 836 Likes on 733 Posts
Call GM Customer care, that will straighten the service advisor right up and stop giving you the bullshit I haven't ordered it answer.
Old 06-23-2014, 06:03 PM

I gave them a call today, told me they would call the dealership and look into it. She said they couldn't expedite the delivery but hopefully at least find out where it is and when it will arrive. Should be hearing back from her in a few days.

Thanks for the advice Ill post up when I get more info
Old 06-29-2014, 08:13 PM

Update: 5 weeks at gm as of tomorrow.

Was supposed to be called back by the latest thursday, was given the extension of the advisor I spoke with. Left two messages and called a few more times and no response. So friday I called through and got a new advisor.

Got a call back later friday afternoon with the same answer. That the engine is probably on back order so theres no way of telling when it will come. What car in north america does the LDK currently come in?

On another note, they offered me a rental but being under 25 I cannot drive it. Gave my mom the rental and took her vehicle for the time being thinking it would only be a week or so. She needs her truck back so I tried to get them to pay the extra insurance ($15 a day) so that I could drive it but no dice. GM refuses to pay any more than what they have already offered.

What they did offer me was to put my old motor back into my car as its drivable and just call me when the motor arrives. What are your opinions on doing this? Worried I may break something else using my old motor or they will "forget" to call me back.
Old 06-29-2014, 08:36 PM
Premium Member

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Sounds like the royal run around from GM
Old 06-29-2014, 11:18 PM

^This... On a side note I'm considering starting a build thread once I get the motor all sorted out. Already pretty heavily modded so little behind on the start but oh well
Old 06-29-2014, 11:23 PM

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Call corparate and after all this, have them pay for the rental and insurance.