Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Annnnnndddd its broke

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2014, 05:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Annnnnndddd its broke

Alright so here is the whole story.

talk about an 08 ss cobalt with 124,000miles.

So i took my car up to the shop to have belt changed, spark plugs changed, upper intake flush and a oil change. while it was on the lift i asked them to check some fluid i found behind the intercooler on the plastic shroud that looks a little like an air dam. found that it was oil on the shroud....and where it was coming from was a crack in the stalk intercooler outlet. Yes the crappy plastic one we all hate.

So, i know my turbo is blowing oil and that i have a cracked intercooler....f$%#ing great. So I replaced the intercooler and charge pipes with ZZPs full kit. I though while im at it, lets add an external BOV. so thats what I did....dont do that if your turbo is leaking oil please. when the BOV opens, it coats everything under the hood in oil. Roger, moving on. I then almost a month and 2 quarts of oil later got the stalk turbo replacement again from ZZP. changed the turbo and exhaust manifold and added ZZPs 3inch catless DP.

Now time to get the car tuned. 325$ and the car is tuned. 1 day later car acts like **** for about 40 mins. wouldnt even idle without giving it gas. then for some reason started running fine....but now with a back fire and burning a little oil.(im guessing the whole was what was left in the lines from the old turbo blowing oil into my new intercooler). I posted on here about what happened and where to start.

well today I got to take my car into a shop to have it looked over....only to find that......wait for it.......little more........ the number 3 cylinder is dead. FFS, can i get a d@mn break?

sooo.....options? This is where im left hanging. I think the best option is a new short block. If anyone has a better Idea, I would like to hear it. where to go? who to talk to? where to get a new motor? anything.
Old 06-28-2014, 06:36 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 154 Likes on 131 Posts
what tune did u get? and if ur gonna change a turbo that's leaking oil u may want to clean out the whole intercooler system after u do it lol. and also what is an upper intake flush exactly?
Old 06-28-2014, 07:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Should never add a BOV into the system without getting tuned for it immediately. Probably didn't help the cause. Short block is the way to go. Get an LDK from ZZP
Old 06-30-2014, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by tomj77
what tune did u get? and if ur gonna change a turbo that's leaking oil u may want to clean out the whole intercooler system after u do it lol. and also what is an upper intake flush exactly?
the intake flush is a carbon removel flush everything past the TB. the tune is a trifecta tune done by Vince. i clean out the IC as best as i could using alcohol.
Old 06-30-2014, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Stealth-TC
Should never add a BOV into the system without getting tuned for it immediately. Probably didn't help the cause. Short block is the way to go. Get an LDK from ZZP
tell me about the LDK....i dont know anything about it to just take someones word on it.

http://shop.zzperformance.com/store/...Longblock.aspx ????

Last edited by uh60ss; 06-30-2014 at 06:27 PM. Reason: added link