Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Need wiring diagrams asap!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 08:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need wiring diagrams asap!!!

Long story short, I decided to splice my wideband in with my A/C press sensor so I could log AFR....and now the car won't start. The start energizes and the accessories have power, but the engine won't fire up on its own.

Right now I'm thinking it could just be a blown ignition fuse somehow, but its dark so I can't really check until tomorrow morning. In the meantime I need help from ANYONE WHO HAS OR HAS ACCESS TO A WIRING DIAGRAM SHOWING PCM INPUTS (preferably including wire colors). I'm 90% sure I cut the right wire, but just to be positive I want to confirm with a diagram. Or, if anyone knows if there are any other wires that are inputs to the PCM that are red with black stripes.

btw its a 2006 LSJ

Thanks!!
Old 03-29-2012, 10:51 PM

A wideband and AC sensor go together why?
Old 03-30-2012, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by redcobalt07
A wideband and AC sensor go together why?
A/C Pressure sensor outputs a 0-5v signal to the PCM, and so does the wideband. So if you use a switch and relay setup to switch between A/C Pressure input and Wideband input to the PCM, you can use HPTuners to log AFR while your PCM thinks its A/C Pressure.

In HPTuners, you use the A/C Pressure (volts) PID multiplied by a correction factor to convert the voltage to AFR. You do this by comparing the displayed AFR on the wideband and the voltage output from the wideband on the A/C Pressure pin. Divide AFR by Volts and voila, you can log AFR without an EIO for HPTuners.

Here's a How-To from the Corvette forums that I adapted to the cobalt
Connecting Wideband via A/C Sensor
BTW everything is fixed now, the car runs fine and its logging AFR just like it should be. I made a really stupid mistake
Old 03-30-2012, 02:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jdam8139
A/C Pressure sensor outputs a 0-5v signal to the PCM, and so does the wideband. So if you use a switch and relay setup to switch between A/C Pressure input and Wideband input to the PCM, you can use HPTuners to log AFR while your PCM thinks its A/C Pressure.

In HPTuners, you use the A/C Pressure (volts) PID multiplied by a correction factor to convert the voltage to AFR. You do this by comparing the displayed AFR on the wideband and the voltage output from the wideband on the A/C Pressure pin. Divide AFR by Volts and voila, you can log AFR without an EIO for HPTuners.

Here's a How-To from the Corvette forums that I adapted to the cobalt
Connecting Wideband via A/C Sensor
BTW everything is fixed now, the car runs fine and its logging AFR just like it should be. I made a really stupid mistake
Explain this mistake lol
Old 03-30-2012, 07:50 PM

The wire coming from the A/C Sensor is red with a black stripe, but I figured it would be easier to wire if i cut the wire closer to the PCM rather than at the sensor. Little did I know, there are a couple PINK+black wires that control something to do with ignition. So after deciding that the wire had just faded to pink rather than red, I cut it and wired it to my relay, then was surprised to find that the car wouldn't fire on its own.

I reconnected the wires and spliced into the right wire and everything is working great.