Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

New owner...a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 11:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New owner...a few questions

I picked up my 06 G5 pursuit just over a week ago and have a few questions.

I have a 5 speed and the o/m states that the auto door locks will lock around 5 km/hr which they mostly do. However, the locks will sometimes lock as soon as I start the car and this is driving me nuts...why? Is this normal? Is there a glitch with the DIC which I believe contols the locks/lights etc.? I wonder if there is a problem with the DIC b/c on the day I picked up the car, it was 30C outside and the outside temp read a steady 23C for about half the day and then suddenly started working correctly and has done so ever since.....still, my confidence in the DIC's reliability is not great.

My clutch makes a light tick sound and I feel a coarseness in the pedal at the bottom of travel? Is this normal? I don't remember it doing this on an extended test drive.

The tach will do a slight blip up to around 1800 rpm and the engine will stumble slightly at startup and sometimes b4 shutoff.

I read some old posts about the armrest rubbing the seats....I have an armrest on order which i will install myself. Do you need to lift the armrest everytime you want to engage the parking brake? This seems like a pain in the ass.

Thanks for any advice.
Old 08-18-2006, 11:44 PM

Hey welcome to the site, I have a gt as well, the lock thing should not happen, take it to the dealer, I also have a tick sound from my clutch just before fully pressed, good luck sorry could not help more
Old 08-20-2006, 11:38 AM

Thanks G5mike. I def. need to make a dealer visit because now I have a very noticeable wind/road noise coming from the pass. side windows. I love this car but I don't think it's gonna hold up well.

I noticed in G5mike's mod list something called "dog hair"...what is that?
Old 08-20-2006, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by samesun
Thanks G5mike. I def. need to make a dealer visit because now I have a very noticeable wind/road noise coming from the pass. side windows. I love this car but I don't think it's gonna hold up well.

I noticed in G5mike's mod list something called "dog hair"...what is that?
It just me bullshitin, sometimes when I drive down the highway(have dogs) with the windows open dog hair flys everywhere, so if Im racin you maybe some of the dog hair will fly out of my car into yours, in turn catching you in the eye giving me the advantage