Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

oem gm parts website

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 01:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
when $ is a problem , you gotta do what you gotta do. we all have to eat.
but when you have the option to go with a reliable source, with history , facts, and human courtesy to guide you, and stand behind their product. the choice should be obvious
Old 11-22-2013, 01:18 PM
Premium Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by CrateEngineDepot
I think I will cancel being a vendor on this forum.
Old 11-22-2013, 01:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by southal cobalt
watch what you buy on rock auto. powell has said that their control arms arent so great. i have to agree. i bought some about a year and a half ago and finally got around to installing them on my car about 2 months ago. the bushings were knocking after a month

wish i wouldve gotten my control arms from ced to begin with. theyve shipped quickly for me every time with genuine gm parts
Rockauto is merely a distributor of parts, thats why you get so many choices of brand. And yes i will admit that there are many weaksauce brands on rockauto shelves, but it doesnt mean they dont have fantastic buys there. I litterally have thousands in sales with rockauto.com and parts.com (for oem parts). Hell i just had to buy a new brake caliper for my 06 SS/NA off rockauto lol and parts.com got me my oem replacement heating element for my heated seats.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:27 PM
Former Vendor

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts
Rock auto inventory absolutely nothing. As a business model its fantastic. They process the order take the money and the parts are drop shipped from the vendors, complete with rock auto tape and a rock auto magnet car decal. BUT if the parts are sourced from more than one vendor, you pay more than one shipping cost on one order.

Rock auto have told me that they are at the mercy of the listings given them by the vendor. If the vendor says it fits this or that, then they publish that. The only way they know its no good, is if there are returns.

Some of the parts are sourced from taiwan, china india etc, as part of a package that comes from a Dorman or Centric or wherever. Some of it is very well priced and good value. Their control arms I have found, are not... take it or leave it, thats my opinion based on the purchases we make weekly from Rock auto.

I prefer to deal with CED OEM quality and warranty suits me. It just cost me 55 dollars in duties and brokerage to return four control arms that have ball joint posts 2 mm too small in diameter ( not for a cobalt) and Rock auto paid the freight charges. So that is a forgettable experience.

I have had control arm bushings from rock auto that failed when I opened the package. Made in India.

I agree that Rock Auto are excellent in pricing and choices, but I am saying that the quality is difficult to predict and if you want to do the job once, then CED for GM is a wise choice.
Old 11-22-2013, 08:21 PM

mevotech anything for suspension parts are junk, ive had them, ive used them, and ive replaced them in under a year. Moog on the other hand has always been as good as OEM if not better, we use that on all our GM car's we work on. Raybestos/Dorman, kinda middle of the range stuff. Of course this is speaking strictly of the control arms issue.
Old 11-22-2013, 08:38 PM

Honestly I try to use CED as much as possible. Even if thatrans paying slightly more. My first experience with them was incredible, somehow my driver's side Brembo caliper started leaking fluid, when I say leaking mean pissing. I found out two of the seals were go pretty much gone along with a torn boot. I posted on here asking the best place to get a kit and get it quickly, Tom PM'd me almost instantly and said he had them in stock. Then on top of that he called me personally on his own accord while I placed the order and then he made sure that my package was mailed out that day so I would receive it the next day which was Saturday. Probably the best customer service I've ever received from a vendor anywhere.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:22 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Spawne32
mevotech anything for suspension parts are junk, ive had them, ive used them, and ive replaced them in under a year. Moog on the other hand has always been as good as OEM if not better, we use that on all our GM car's we work on. Raybestos/Dorman, kinda middle of the range stuff. Of course this is speaking strictly of the control arms issue.
10-4 on the Mevotech stuff. Canadian company. Ugh. Its awful.
gonna try Beck Arnley this time, but I shoulda gone Moog for a couple bux more I am sure. Its for a SAAB and thats difficult. CED cant get SAAB stuff its a GM pita thing.

Last edited by Powell Race Parts; 11-23-2013 at 06:45 PM.
Old 11-22-2013, 11:47 PM

Received 316 Likes on 296 Posts
ced has always done me right, and i will buy gm parts from them before anything else. Fast shipping too. I don't mind paying a little more for quality parts, fast shipping, and excellent service. Thats the problem on here too often, people want lots of the above, and don't want to pay for it. Don't be a tight ass.
Old 11-22-2013, 11:50 PM

Received 172 Likes on 133 Posts
CED
Rockauto
gmparts direct

also if you have a part number you can google it, or search it on ebay, and see what pops up

just remember CED is a vendor here, and do a lot good things for us.

Last edited by blu3_v1p3r; 11-23-2013 at 12:00 AM.
Old 11-23-2013, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Powell Race Parts
gonna try Beck Arnley this time, but I shoulda gone Moog for a couple bux more I am sure. Its for a SAAB and thats difficult. CED cant get SAAB stuff its a GM pita thing.
Canadian company yeh but all their parts are branded made in india lol especially their ball joints. Beck Arnley is horrible for a supposedly "made in japan" company. All of their rubber based parts seem to fall apart in no time, that goes for gaskets, boots and dust covers and such.
Old 11-23-2013, 04:22 PM

I go rockauto every time. CED is a good guy but I cant buy from him because he cant compete on prices for parts I have needed, other than that I would. I always buy rockauto and have good experiences each time. The key is I only buy OEM Acdelco stuff from them. Like brakes, evaps, pretty much anything.

Now when I need a clutch I will probably go with CED IIRC Rockauto doesnt have OEM clutch for the TC yet.

Tom, we understand you are in the business to make money and provide good service but in this economy the purchase always go to the lower bidder.
Old 11-23-2013, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by TCBalt09
I go rockauto every time. CED is a good guy but I cant buy from him because he cant compete on prices for parts I have needed, other than that I would. I always buy rockauto and have good experiences each time. The key is I only buy OEM Acdelco stuff from them. Like brakes, evaps, pretty much anything.

Now when I need a clutch I will probably go with CED IIRC Rockauto doesnt have OEM clutch for the TC yet.

Tom, we understand you are in the business to make money and provide good service but in this economy the purchase always go to the lower bidder.
acdelco isnt always the brand of choice for certain items. lol Like for instance, the option between acdelco and denso ignition coils, you bet your ass im buying denso. For brakes, im not wasting the money on acdelco rotors when I can get centric (oem for stoptech) for half the price. But if i needed a MAF or MAP sensor, then acdelco or delphi would be the brand of choice, because thats what the dealer uses as a replacement part, and that kind of part its important to have a correctly calibrated part. I wouldnt trust an off brand like airtex/wells or standard equipment for a MAF or MAP sensor or something.
Old 11-23-2013, 05:06 PM
Where's The Cruze SS?
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
CED or Rock Auto for sure.
Old 11-23-2013, 05:06 PM

acdelco isnt always the brand of choice for certain items. lol Like for instance, the option between acdelco and denso ignition coils, you bet your ass im buying denso. For brakes, im not wasting the money on acdelco rotors when I can get centric (oem for stoptech) for half the price. But if i needed a MAF or MAP sensor, then acdelco or delphi would be the brand of choice, because thats what the dealer uses as a replacement part, and that kind of part its important to have a correctly calibrated part. I wouldnt trust an off brand like airtex/wells or standard equipment for a MAF or MAP sensor or something.
The ACD rotors and pads are stock brembo
Old 11-23-2013, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by TCBalt09
The ACD rotors and pads are stock brembo
Doesnt make the quality any better for the price. ACD durastops which is the highest end i can get for my non brembo SS are 88 a piece for front rotors, where as Centric high carbon steel are 57 a piece, which is a far superior rotor for the price.
Old 11-23-2013, 06:03 PM

Doesnt make the quality any better for the price. ACD durastops which is the highest end i can get for my non brembo SS are 88 a piece for front rotors, where as Centric high carbon steel are 57 a piece, which is a far superior rotor for the price.
Truth. Ive just adopted the policy of putting whatever it came with on.
Old 11-23-2013, 06:49 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Powell Race Parts
The SAAB Beck Arnley end links for the rear sway bar I just got today are no good, they are too long. needed one, but I wont/ cant preload the bar.

If CED is a vendor here then its probably a moot point to discuss Rock Auto, and based on what I see on here, more people buy CED OEM genuine parts than cheap stuff. As the car gets older, and the cross section of ownership changes to second/third/fourth hand that may change.

If it does, Tom@CED may take a hike from this forum. I know that If I was able to by SAAB stuff from Tom it would be right every time, like all his Cobalt parts.

FML. Beck Arnley
Old 11-23-2013, 07:02 PM

Regarding CED: I purchased my Stage kit and a new clutch disc from them(free t-shirt with the kit,too). Fair prices and the disc was at my dealership the next day iirc(same state).
I also had a conversation with Tom regarding the MAP harnesses and he set me straight on a few things that probably saved me some $. To me it's refreshing (shocking,really) to realize the person on the other end of the line knows far more about my car than I do.
Old 11-23-2013, 09:49 PM
Premium Member

I've given more of my money to Tom than to any other vendor or site out there, even zzp!