Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

ottp order and install gone bad

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 07:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^lol
Old 05-01-2010, 08:48 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I'd chalk the pipe up as a loss and buy a ZZP DP.
Old 05-01-2010, 11:10 PM
Banned

Thumbs down zzp

I also recently had a bad ordering experience with ottp and went right to zzp and got perfection right off !! I ordered a stage kit and 3 days later nothing saying shipped from ottp only to find out they didnt have any of the pulleys I wanted in stock and no response from them when they would be recieving them , so not a good first (and last )experience with ottp , i feel your pain guys. Not a bash , this is experience
Old 05-02-2010, 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by stevenca
I also recently had a bad ordering experience with ottp and went right to zzp and got perfection right off !! I ordered a stage kit and 3 days later nothing saying shipped from ottp only to find out they didnt have any of the pulleys I wanted in stock and no response from them when they would be recieving them , so not a good first (and last )experience with ottp , i feel your pain guys. Not a bash , this is experience
See I don't think that any of the major vendors on here are really out to screw over anyone. I have yet to order from OTTP but i plan on it. I have ordered twice from ZZP. The first time I ordered a Coupler and it shipped the same day and was here in 3 with standard ground. The second time I ordered snout bearings, a week later they haven't been shipped so i emailed them. took 3 days to get a response( i will give them the weekend) said they would be shipped that day. 2 days later they finally shipped. now there sitting in atlanta and have for a day. i really need them and pray that i dont need the needle bearings.

What im trying to say is not everything goes according to plan. There are always reasons behind the problems. I work in retail so i can understand the vendors side of it. I DO think its the vendors responsibility to let you know if there will be a delay or any issues with your order.

Speeding ticket i would give OTTP another chance from what it seems there trying to do the right thing. if next time you have a problem thats not resolvable then leave them alone.
Old 05-02-2010, 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by Kavslayer
See I don't think that any of the major vendors on here are really out to screw over anyone. I have yet to order from OTTP but i plan on it. I have ordered twice from ZZP. The first time I ordered a Coupler and it shipped the same day and was here in 3 with standard ground. The second time I ordered snout bearings, a week later they haven't been shipped so i emailed them. took 3 days to get a response( i will give them the weekend) said they would be shipped that day. 2 days later they finally shipped. now there sitting in atlanta and have for a day. i really need them and pray that i dont need the needle bearings.

What im trying to say is not everything goes according to plan. There are always reasons behind the problems. I work in retail so i can understand the vendors side of it. I DO think its the vendors responsibility to let you know if there will be a delay or any issues with your order.

Speeding ticket i would give OTTP another chance from what it seems there trying to do the right thing. if next time you have a problem thats not resolvable then leave them alone.
Its not that OTT isn't doing the right thing, its that their supplier(CTI) is dicking us(the customer) around. If you make a part and take ppl's money for it, its your responsibility to fix it if it was defective upon delivery and not a fault of the customer. I've got no problem with OTT, I'm just pissed the **** off that I paid for a part that was a piece of **** when I got it and now if I want it fixed, I have to spend even more of my money to get this reoslved. When in all actualality, I shouldn't have to spend any more of my money that I work my ass off for to get my new dp. I'lll continue to do business with OTT, but I'll never buy anything with a CTI label on it again.
Old 05-02-2010, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by speeding ticket
Im Glad we can all shed light on this particular problem. This is my current situation.... ottp says its Cti's fault and talk to them.... Cti says it's ottp's fault, talk to them.... Hmmm, very interesting. These 2 companies only have one option to make amends with all of us, and that's to get us a new D/p with a good flex pipe with no EXTRA cost. Then maybe that will bring back a balance. I don't want this d/p like this. both companies could handle a few hundred $$$ to make things right, but I think they rather not, and eat at the keg night after night or something. Man up and get us our D/p's, seriously. I will not drive my car like this!!
Like previously posted, we can't even use a wide band with this thing! BS!
Please forward me the email or any pm that has that information i would like to see what he has to say becuase when we talked it was nothing like that.

Our responsiblity in all of this is to get in contact with CTI so they can resolve the problem how they see fit. We have been in contact with them and that is the solution they had offered. This issue was something completely out of our control. It was a built to order item we never touched or saw. Even so we offered to eat half the cost of the flex pipe.

Saying this is our fault is like having a freind drive your car and him getting a ticket and says its your fault you let me drive it so you pay the ticket.
Old 05-02-2010, 11:11 AM

Which is why I said what I said...I haven't got a problem with you or josh or 99% of the products you guys carry/distribute. This is totally a CTI problem, but you guys are our middleman for handling this. I just personally think CTI is going about fixing the issue completely wrong. And to whoever said this is the same as a department store screw up, its not even close. Department stores make a ton of money on markup so they can afford to just fix the issue in house and then go to the manufacturer later for a reimbursement or what have you. In this case, OTT is not a huge money making machine like say, summit for example.
Old 05-02-2010, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by lsjwannabe
Please forward me the email or any pm that has that information i would like to see what he has to say becuase when we talked it was nothing like that.

Our responsiblity in all of this is to get in contact with CTI so they can resolve the problem how they see fit. We have been in contact with them and that is the solution they had offered. This issue was something completely out of our control. It was a built to order item we never touched or saw. Even so we offered to eat half the cost of the flex pipe.

Saying this is our fault is like having a freind drive your car and him getting a ticket and says its your fault you let me drive it so you pay the ticket.
Sure, no problemo.

I don't really care who's fault it is..... I just want what I paid for. I don't wait around on a daily to see what situations I can complain about next, but I do like to drive my car and take good care of it.... So I wouldn't want to stand in between me and my car, whoever it is.
Old 05-02-2010, 03:06 PM

Any vendor at any time can send some one a bad item. That's just the way it is. It happens to the best of vendors. Is what sets that vendor a part from the rest is how they chose to make it right.
Old 05-02-2010, 03:32 PM

1 bad part is one thing, but there's like 5 of us that have the exact same bad part...
Old 05-02-2010, 09:25 PM

Again like I have said before, this is a quality assurance issue. From what I understand OTTP never sees the part whatsoever is that correct? It would be in CTI's best interest to QA check parts if OTTP simply drop ships their items to customers.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by USMCFieldMP
Yeah... but, but, but... he doesn't post over hear... and that mean... he must not know anything.

Forums crack me up....
Old 05-03-2010, 09:56 AM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

Received 197 Likes on 175 Posts
Originally Posted by aikidoshadow
Again like I have said before, this is a quality assurance issue. From what I understand OTTP never sees the part whatsoever is that correct? It would be in CTI's best interest to QA check parts if OTTP simply drop ships their items to customers.
OTTP shouldnt even sell a product that they never see / check. It may not be directly their fault that the CTI downpipe has issues, but they still offer to sell it without making sure it's ok. If I were OTTP, and wanted to maintain the best image possible, I would make sure every part that goes through my company is of high quality before I sold it !! That's just common good business practice
Old 05-03-2010, 01:03 PM

We will see if anything happens this week. I will keep all of you informed.

Installed H/e, definitely needed to get rid of the valve on the bottom. pulled out of the drive way and it scraped the cement and the valve turned open.
Old 05-03-2010, 01:55 PM
Former Vendor

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Staged07SS
OTTP shouldnt even sell a product that they never see / check. It may not be directly their fault that the CTI downpipe has issues, but they still offer to sell it without making sure it's ok. If I were OTTP, and wanted to maintain the best image possible, I would make sure every part that goes through my company is of high quality before I sold it !! That's just common good business practice
Of course we have seen CTI products and they were fine. Obviously they are having a QC issue now though. So should we see all of them and then raise the price to customers another $20 just to cover the extra shipping? Then no one would buy it.

I think this comment is just rude " if I were you".... Someone always thinks they can do a better job....
Old 05-03-2010, 02:07 PM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by fast98
Of course we have seen CTI products and they were fine. Obviously they are having a QC issue now though. So should we see all of them and then raise the price to customers another $20 just to cover the extra shipping? Then no one would buy it.

I think this comment is just rude " if I were you".... Someone always thinks they can do a better job....
Well, that's pretty much what you guys end up doing to people once they have to ship the downpipe back to CTI. The customer gets screwed and has to pay shipping to get something fixed that could have been avoided. I bet many people on here wouldnt mind paying extra if they knew the part they are going to get will be of perfect quality. I know I don't mind paying extra.

My comment is not rude nor was it meant to be, but it isnt just CTI's problem. You sell the product, and should know the quality of products you are selling whether you make them or not. Being the middle man is not an excuse. I am also not trying to put all the blame on OTTP (even though it may seem that way), because CTI should be building these downpipes to the up most standards for OTTP.
Old 05-03-2010, 02:13 PM

I definitely would have paid an extra 30 bucks to have the better flex pipe the first time. or whatever the difference is between the two flex pipes.....
ottp shouldnt have to look at the d/p before it's shipped. CTI should know what's up. Any of my friends, I trust their judgement...

Last edited by speeding ticket; 05-03-2010 at 04:18 PM.
Old 05-03-2010, 02:29 PM

How about a run of exhaust pieces from the folks you are having do the long tube header?
Or is that in-house?
Old 05-03-2010, 02:48 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by aikidoshadow
How about a run of exhaust pieces from the folks you are having do the long tube header?
Or is that in-house?
I build those myself right here. Only things outsourced are the laser cut flanges and the bending.
Old 05-03-2010, 03:35 PM

I build those myself right here. Only things outsourced are the laser cut flanges and the bending.
Would it be less cost effective to do exhaust pieces from OTTP instead of CTI?
I assume it would be more expensive.
Old 05-03-2010, 04:01 PM
Former Vendor

I have been working on a lsj dp from us, until this time I didn't see a big rush to get one to market. I will need at least 1 month to have something ready.
Old 05-03-2010, 04:34 PM

If I can get a picture up of where I think the leak is in the flexpipe do I have to pay the extra money for a new flexpipe? Also it would have to be sent to me because my car is a dd and I can't go a day without having my car running.
Old 05-03-2010, 04:46 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by lsjwannabe
James,

I emailed you about this i thought. Smoothflow was swutching shops that was the reason for delay.
This is true.

I spoke with Nate on Friday about a delay in my order and he said he was switching shops.

Sometimes stuff just happens guys. No need to get all crazy about it!
Old 05-03-2010, 04:48 PM

^^that's my exact problem. This "solution" only works for people who have second cars or no job that requires them to leave home. To be honest, I want my money back or a new dp sent to me w/ THE BETTER FLEX, not the same one they're taking off. Then, I'll replace it and send the old one back. That's the only case in which I would pay the return shipping
Old 05-03-2010, 04:49 PM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

I have been working on a lsj dp from us, until this time I didn't see a big rush to get one to market. I will need at least 1 month to have something ready.
Now that's good news ! Will be looking forward to this product.

Quick Reply: ottp order and install gone bad