Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

quick dealership rant

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2006, 10:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
quick dealership rant

Well I just got my car back after two days of driving a crap rental.... It went in for about the 15th time, this time getting the doors reapolstered correctly, finally, all the door trim being replaced with new silver parts because mine were all flaky and scratched from them taking them off to fix my windows, <--my driver side power window being fixed, this time it was the motor that shorted not the regulator and finally they had to put in a brand new sunroof because the original one rattled because the track was screwed up.....

alright, so I pick the car up and immediatly look for what they screwed up this time, they sent it to an outside trim shop and the doors were perfect, better than new The sunroof worked great, but my headliner is covered in fingerprints and the little cover that pulls out to cover the window is absolutly filthy. Then I look at my headliner, its not even in place right, I can see little fitment issues all over the place...wtf... so by now I'm pretty pissed but I know no one is in the service dept except a receptionist on saturday so I take it and go..... Here's the great part, I start driving out of the parking lot and my headliner and sunroof sound like they left a fking toolbox up there... The rattle is amazing and its coming from everywhere, I turned around took it in to the receptionist and told her to have randy call me monday right away... I am pissed..... I hate this car now... I am about ready to do anything to get rid of it and although the car has been a p.o.s. on its own the fact that none of the fixes ever work out is making me hate it 10x more..... Pretty soon I might be a non-cobalt owning part of the cobalt community...

alright rant done........... I've got to price some new cars, oooooo and I saw a 04 saleen mustang at a local dealership.... I'm getting ideas
Old 02-18-2006, 03:50 PM

Yikes, thats pretty sucky. Keep us updated...
Old 02-18-2006, 03:53 PM

My sunroof is starting to rattle too. Hopefully i wont be looking at the same problems.
Old 02-18-2006, 06:22 PM

o yea...the sunroof is a pain in the *** ...lol.....dude ...i hear ya.....i had that feeling of getting rid of my car .....i was very close in trading in for a G6, but after calming down for a while, and think back, thank god i wouldve wasted so much money on trading in for a new car.........just calm down and get them fixed........im still trying to get mine fixed but i still love my car

for those who doesnt know what happened:
dealer drove my car over bumps a little too fast" to replicate some sqeaks", after that they broke my alignment and everything in my car started to rattle like crazy

today the dash and the wood trim still creaks and rattles occationally .....not to mention the sunroof...noisy as hell

all in all its just a 15k dollar car with 10k dollar options
just what i think
Old 02-19-2006, 04:13 AM

the new best part............ when it got dark tonight, I realized none of the dash lights were working... I drove home 34 miles without knowing how fast I was going... The lights below the stereo were out too............. wtf................ I hate my dealership and they are making me hate my car........... or maybe I hate my car and its making me hate my dealership? who care my experience with this car is making me hate alot of things...............
Old 02-19-2006, 05:19 PM

ok...now thats pretty bad
Old 02-19-2006, 05:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

if you have been in 15 times time to call her a lemon bro now you know why GM is down and toyota is up