Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

serious problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 09:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
serious problem

ok so on monday i took my balt in to get looked at. it had a knock in what appeared to be upper valvetrain. i also was losing antifreeze and had to refill every 2 weeks. but anyways its thursday and they still havent figured out where the noise is coming from. they ran all sorts of test and still nothing changed oil questined what oil i use. finally they decide to get gm involved and have been working with them the last day or so. from what i was told they are going to tear down the top in and prolly rebuild it. they still havent figured out the antifreeze problem either. but after a week in the shop im really missing my baby and it looks like it will be another week easily. ill keep everyone posted on whats wrong and what happens. but im glad that atleast there taking the time to fix it and not give me some bullshit response. also glad my warranty is still good.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If I remember correctly isn't there a TSB for a tensioner issue with the ECOTEC? Sounds like that COULD be the issue here. But best of luck with it either way and keep us updated.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:09 PM

ok so today i went to get my loaner car finally which sucks i have to drive a four door cavy im pissed. but anyways they took me to my car and man it was sad seeing the eaton sittin on the bench all alone and the head about to be pulled off. the said they think they found antifreeze in the head but there not sure yet. they also said something about hydrulic follower i think not sure what he said never heard of it before. but they think that its clogged and is possibly making the noise not sure i hope its not another week in the shop but im sure it will be atleast a week.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by buckshot3448
ok so today i went to get my loaner car finally which sucks i have to drive a four door cavy im pissed. but anyways they took me to my car and man it was sad seeing the eaton sittin on the bench all alone and the head about to be pulled off. the said they think they found antifreeze in the head but there not sure yet. they also said something about hydrulic follower i think not sure what he said never heard of it before. but they think that its clogged and is possibly making the noise not sure i hope its not another week in the shop but im sure it will be atleast a week.
Follower= lifter. It rides directly on the camshaft and pushes against the rocker arm to open the valves. This USEUALY causes a ticking not knocking noise. Its an easy fix, no worries.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:45 PM

yea i knew what a lifter was he should of just told me that lol he was trying to act all technicall and smart like i had no idea what i was talking yet i took four years of automotive. but i guess there talking about taking something to the machine shop i believe the head i have an antifreeze problem not sure this guy confused me bad i just dont care as long as its fixed.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by buckshot3448
yea i knew what a lifter was he should of just told me that lol he was trying to act all technicall and smart like i had no idea what i was talking yet i took four years of automotive. but i guess there talking about taking something to the machine shop i believe the head i have an antifreeze problem not sure this guy confused me bad i just dont care as long as its fixed.
Sounds like they think the head may be warped. have you overheated it REAL bad before? If not then it shouldn't be warped.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:48 AM

nope its never had over heating problems before i havent heard from them sonce friday so if they dont call today im calling tomorrow morning to see whats going on i miss my balt bad and need it back lol
Old 11-20-2007, 10:54 AM

may be a pourous head...theres a TSB for that as well
Old 12-01-2007, 02:55 PM

ok so i have yet to figure out what the problem is but i know they re did the whole head and there going to put it back on and see if that fixed the problem. but i cant take not having my car anymore it will be 3 weeks on monday that its been gone they told me last night yet it wll be done but no call and still no cal today.
Old 06-12-2008, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Jackalope
If I remember correctly isn't there a TSB for a tensioner issue with the ECOTEC? Sounds like that COULD be the issue here. But best of luck with it either way and keep us updated.
WHAT is a TSB ?