Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

still having electrical problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 05:13 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
still having electrical problems

ok guys basically i had a problem before hand where my battery just died. I kept having to jump it after a day of not driving etc. when the car was on tho it kept running and the voltage was around 14 volts. i got a new battery and a few days later same thing happened. im just wondering, could it by ne chance be the alternator or was the new battery I got no good? i will eventually get both tested jw what you guys thought. i don't think my amp is staying on and draining it i just don't know it's annoying the **** outa me.
Old 01-30-2009, 07:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You have something draining the battery,Try unhooking the Amp for a couple of days and see what happens.
What else has been wired into the car?
Is your trunk light staying on?
The car has a power saver mode so what ever it is I would think has to be wired directly to the battery.
(Amp maybe)
Old 01-31-2009, 12:19 AM

could have drained your battery by having an accessory on, if it were to be an alternator problem i would imagine ur car dying while still turned on and working, could be ur starter, its solenoid not getting juice cuz its windings are weak, or a loose/weak connection somewhere, thats my thoughts.
Old 01-31-2009, 08:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sumasianluv
could have drained your battery by having an accessory on, if it were to be an alternator problem i would imagine ur car dying while still turned on and working, could be ur starter, its solenoid not getting juice cuz its windings are weak, or a loose/weak connection somewhere, thats my thoughts.
it's gotta be my amp setup bc i know about the power saver mode. the amp is cranking 14.9 volts as i checked it last night when the car was on and running. tomorrow when i wake up from my night shift tonight im going to disconnect it and see what happens.
Old 01-31-2009, 11:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had a similar issue on my 08 SS. I was told by the dealer that there is a "body module" that detects inputs such as windows, door locks, power outlets, etc. It will stay on for some time after the car is shut off and then turn off if there is no activity.
I had something that may draw minimal amounts but they indicated it would keep the body module powered which might drain the battery.

I'm skeptical of that whole idea myself. I mean just it having enough power to drain the battery overnight or in a day or so.

But food for thought anyway.
Old 01-31-2009, 11:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Zander916
I had a similar issue on my 08 SS. I was told by the dealer that there is a "body module" that detects inputs such as windows, door locks, power outlets, etc. It will stay on for some time after the car is shut off and then turn off if there is no activity.
I had something that may draw minimal amounts but they indicated it would keep the body module powered which might drain the battery.

I'm skeptical of that whole idea myself. I mean just it having enough power to drain the battery overnight or in a day or so.

But food for thought anyway.
yeah if i drive my car every day it's fine. if i don't for 2 days or more it doens't have the juice to start.
Old 01-31-2009, 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by impulseballer
it's gotta be my amp setup bc i know about the power saver mode. the amp is cranking 14.9 volts as i checked it last night when the car was on and running. tomorrow when i wake up from my night shift tonight im going to disconnect it and see what happens.

hmmm well whatever the problem is hope u find it and fix it, good luck bro
Old 01-31-2009, 11:49 PM
Banned

thanks man. yeah im going to the city next weekend so im going to unhook the subs and amp and see if she starts after 3 days of no running.