Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Story Time with the GM Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2005, 07:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Story Time with the GM Dealer

Ok everyone, i don't know if you remember when i took my car in for the oil change and the dealer ripped off my front lip on my ss ... well anyways... they called me yester day morning and told me the part was in... called me back 10 minutes later and told me that it would be monday because they had to get the part painted... i was like but it really didn't bother me too much, at least the part was in... well i went over there yesterday afternoon because my dad was lookin at a new truck... well i went to talk to the service manager, and i said what the hell why not tell him about the other problems im having, and they can just get them all fixed... he knew the lip was gettig painted and it would be there monday... well i should him the nick in the paint on the driver side front fender right by the door, at first he was like that's not our fault, then i mentioned that mine is not the only on that this has happened on at no fault of my own... so he was like ok, i'll have a tech look at it... then i showed him the leather on the door panel... he told me that he has had base models coming in with this problem, he told me the tech would look at it... then i decided to show him the hole that was being worn on my stock intake tube by that damn useless nut (i covered it up but it's still wearing) and he was shocked... and then we notice 3 vacuum hoses that are cracked on my cobalt... i made it a point to park infront of the black ss/sc that they have on the lot, and we compared the cars... all the porblems are close to the same on both... btw mine is an 05 and the one they have is an 06, so not many differences between each... anyway the point to this story is, i just went to talk to him and point out a few things... now i have to take my car to the dealership tomorrow morning (saturday) at 11am cst and he said the likeliness of my having it back the following week are slim... this sucks, i love my car, but i hope gm fixes these problems without giving me ****... i mean i don't care about the fender, it is not tha noticable, but the other things better get fixed... i refuse to pay for gm's problems .... ok everyone, just my rant for the day...

oh and moderators feel free to move this to the appropriate place, i noticed where i was posting and noticed it's not the in right place.... anywho, yall i hope this doesn't happen to yall... lata

Old 12-09-2005, 07:39 PM
Doc

thanks for sharing... really though, they should fix it right and do what needs to be done to keep you as a customer. Sounds like the GM is thinking that way. Hopefully, things will turn in your favor.
Old 12-09-2005, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Doc
thanks for sharing... really though, they should fix it right and do what needs to be done to keep you as a customer. Sounds like the GM is thinking that way. Hopefully, things will turn in your favor.
that's what im looking for, ill keep posting info as i go through the process...

BTW... if anyone else has gone through this or has these problems please post what happened or thoughts here...
Old 12-09-2005, 10:21 PM

i have a bubble in the paint on my trunk....... looks great, everytime i look at it i want to take it back and have them repaint it, if something happens to it, like rust, i will take it down, but she's put away for the winter.... so i dont think it will, i have a terrible cold start problem too, and apparently my oil is really low when it just got changed 800 miles ago...... its nice to own a dealership, but at least its all warrenty stuff, got my water leak fixed finally, told them to update the ecu with the cold start fix, i guess we will see if it is fixed when i go home........
Old 12-09-2005, 11:31 PM
Moderator Alumni
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Seems more problems/service to me. Moved.
Old 12-10-2005, 02:18 PM

it's been moved twice... ok i just got back from the dealer it took 2 hors for them to check everything and order it all... ok here's what they are doing...

Putting on the new front lip (the one they damaged, not warranty)...
Repainting the driver side fender...
Replacing the hoses that were cracked...
Replacing the door panel...

Parts will be in next week, and it will take them 3-5 days with my car to get it all painted and put back together...

Total for work was over 1300 for the minor ****... expensive damn cars...